MIDI toggling of 8 stomp effects

• I have a Morningstar MC6 and if I program it with the correct CC from the Kemper MIDI manual I can turn an effect on or with 0 or 1. The Kemper MIDI manual says the value can be any number. If I choose any number other then 0 or 1 nothing happens.

When I use 0 or 1, because the MC6 doesn't know the current state of the effect a single press is doesn't always result in the effect being toggled.

Is there a value for the CC number that just toggles the effect regardless of its current state?

The Kemper MIDI manual seems to indicate that but I haven't found that true in practice.

• I figured out a way to do this. I send the ON command with a long press and the OFF command with double tap. I can see the state of the effect from the light on the Kemper and then hit the switch in the manner that will change its state.

• I don’t know the MC but looked it up online. it looks like the MC6 has both midi in and out sockets. Does it support bidirectional midi? if so connect 2 cables. This should allow the MC6 to know the current state of the effect on the Kemper. that worked perfectly with my FCB1010 and RJM Mastermind before I finally bought a Remote.