Korg Wavestate

• This looks fun. I could sound like Half Inch Nails. 8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Looks like you only have to press a button to sound like a genius if music , I'm afraid this is the future of music, total assistance and no real human creativity ( except the one from the sound designers of these synths) .

sounds like the DX7 from 20's , everyone will use the same presets

but don't get me we wrong , I'd love to toy around with a korg like this ;)

• Definitely the tail wagging the dog on this demo. When the original Korg wave station came out, people actually programmed their own wavesequences which made for some really interesting sounds.

The fact it only has 49 keys tells you it’s not aimed at players but ‘producers’ and ‘dj’s.

I got a Modx7 this year to replace my DX5 and TX816 in my studio. The factory sounds are horrendous. About 6000 unusable sounds. ? I only really bought it for the FM side though.

Practically everything has patterns and loops linked to it and then everything routed to everything else in the modulation matrix. Just because you can.

• Yeah Vinny, I owned a Wavestation A/D and went through several SR units back in the '90s 'cause I kept returning for that sound no other synth could produce.

The SR was Hell to edit; the old adage that programming it was like trying to paint a house through the front-door letter-box slit could not have been more-appropriate. I did manage to come up with some ripper patches 'though. Now that it's available as a plugin I so wish I'd kept the sysex files. :pinch:

• Yeah Vinny, I owned a Wavestation A/D and went through several SR units back in the '90s 'cause I kept returning for that sound no other synth could produce.

The SR was Hell to edit; the old adage that programming it was like trying to paint a house through the front-door letter-box slit could not have been more-appropriate. I did manage to come up with some ripper patches 'though. Now that it's available as a plugin I so wish I'd kept the sysex files. :pinch:

When I joined Asia for the Aqua world tour in 92, Geoff had programmed loads of really nice stuff on the Wavestations he had used on that album.

It was so unusual at the time. Sounded brilliant.
    I do have the WS on my iPad but never get the time these days to mess about with it. Most of my synth sounds end up coming from my Prophet 08 now as I can just immediately get hands on with the interface to create a sound.

The worst thing about all those great synths from the DX onwards was the user interface.
    I recently sold my Oberheim OB8. Now, that was a beautiful synth. I hope Behringer get their UBXa to market soon as I really miss the Obie.
    Will definitely check this Korg out too. Hope they announce a 61 key version though otherwise it can only be a sound module away from the keyboard that is controlling it.