Strange phaser effects applied to all my profiles?

• Good evening,

I'm quite new to Kemper and I'm currently expriencing an issue: almost all my profiles, expecially high gain ones, when I play sounds like they have a kind of subtle phaser effect applied, even if no phaser stomp is in.

I want to try to avoid a reset to factory settings and I'm here to ask if there is something I can try in general settings to try to fix this. Many thanks!

R.

• How are you monitering your sound?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• ry a set decent headphones (preferably closed back cans or good fitting in ears) connected directly to the kemper headphone output. This will remove everything from the equation except the kemper. If you still have a phasing sound it’s time to start going through settings to find the issue. Of you don’t then move on to the next part of the chain.

• How are you monitering your sound?

I am monitoring my sound through an Headrush FRFR 108 cabinet connected at the unbalanced TRS main out of the Kemper (I have not an XLR-XLR cable here at the moment).

This morning I have retried and the problem seems attenuated. I don't know why, I didn't change anything, just rebooted the Kemper.

Many thanks.

• Try turning off Space in the output menu if you are using it. At higher settings it sounds like phasey modulation.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• If you use any delay , check if the delay has "Modulation" activated .....

Can sound like "phaser" in mono output :/

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• If you use any delay , check if the delay has "Modulation" activated .....

Can sound like "phaser" in mono output :/

Cheers !

Thanks for your reply!
    No delay is applied and I have stereo connection to the FRFR 108 cab. It seems it has been resolved just by rebooting the Kemper, but this is not the first time I'm experiencing this issue. Don't know and can't imagine which could be the origin.

• Good morning, no, my FRFR 108 cab has a L/R stereo imputs. I connected the L/R main TRS out of the Kemper to the respective inputs of my cabinet.

from what I can tell by looking at their website it does have two mono inputs to connect to different instruments or sources at the same time. Have you tried to set the Profilers output source to master mono and only connect a single cable between the devices?

• from what I can tell by looking at their website it does have two mono inputs to connect to different instruments or sources at the same time. Have you tried to set the Profilers output source to master mono and only connect a single cable between the devices?

Good morning and thanks for your reply!

Just tried your suggestion: I've found an improvement of the definition of my sound in the mid/high gain profiles range!

I'll think I'll use the other input of the FRFR cab to connect the output of my audio interface.