Neural Quad Cortex

• the lack of ability to seperate Amp+Cab in full Captures

The only advantage is that you can stack Captures

Strategically speaking the two statements of yours cancel each other: you can stack a pedal, a pre, a power section and a cab, something the KPA can't do. Hence the versatility to separate amp and cab. And this came quite late in the KPA's timeline.

One major thing a lot of people haven't considered is that the 3rd party Capture market will be extremely small and limited at the start

Well, if this had stopped Kemper users at its time we wouldn't possibly be making this discussion... ;)

for Pete's sake

Now, now... forJosh's sake, who the hell is this Pete?!

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Strategically speaking the two statements of yours cancel each other: you can stack a pedal, a pre, a power section and a cab, something the KPA can't do. Hence the versatility to separate amp and cab. And this came quite late in the KPA's timeline.

Well, if this had stopped Kemper users at its time we wouldn't possibly be making this discussion... ;)

Now, now... forJosh's sake, who the hell is this Pete?!

Thorn. I hear he’s pretty good. ;) ^^^^

• I enjoyed the latency video. I would say that IMO latency below around 5 mSec is very very hard to "feel". As pointed out, the thumb rule is that there is 1 mSec per foot away from your monitor. Most of us are usually around 5 feet from the monitor .... thus 5 mSec and I haven't ever heard anyone complain about monitor latency. In fact, since most of us now use digital mixers, those monitor sends ALSO have some processing latency .... and again, I haven't heard any complaints about the wedges making people feel detached.

Does anyone know the latency of the NQC?

• Strategically speaking the two statements of yours cancel each other: you can stack a pedal, a pre, a power section and a cab, something the KPA can't do. Hence the versatility to separate amp and cab. And this came quite late in the KPA's timeline.

I'm talking about a full rig capture. In the Captures equivalent of a Studio Profile, there's no way to turn off that Cab or to try a different one with that Capture without using 2 cabs on top of each other at that point.

You're talking about DI Captures, Preamp Captures, and Captures that aren't of a full rig with a cab in it. And the availability of such a variety of Captures at the start is going to be non-existent unless you have a bunch of amps to do your own Captures.

At least half of the Captures available at the start will be full rig Captures with Cabs in them and if you don't like that Cab, tough stuff cos you're stuck with it lol. That's my point. That isn't a problem with the KPA regardless of what kind of Profile you're working with.

And even if the Kemper didn't have this at the start, it's irrelevant. It has it now and the QC currently doesnt. We live in the present lol. So it's never a good idea to get something based on the possibility of what it was promised to be.

And what I mean by stacking Captures, is that it's only an advantage if people want to stack Captures of Drives in front of amps or do complex routing, which is a small percentage of users. And the pedal Capturing isn't too great, much like what CK said the Kemper Profiles of OD's would be like if he made it possible with the Kemper. People will most likely prefer to use an accurate model of an OD, rather than a only decent Capture of an OD. But to each his own.

• Well, if this had stopped Kemper users at its time we wouldn't possibly be making this discussion... ;)

I'm not trying to tell anyone to shun the QC or that it'll be trash. I'm bringing up some points to consider for people looking for info.

People can have differing opinions, it's okay :) Me pointing out these drawbacks doesn't make the QC a terrible unit for anyone who's getting it or has pre-ordered it. I'm just bringing up some stuff to consider and explaining why my opinion would be to wait and watch how develops and either go with or stick with an established unit, whatever unit that may be.

But like I said, I'm sure people will feel differently and you seem to and that's okay :) we can still be homies haha 8o

• Looks like the KPA wins! In the following video the he uses a Kemper to create a profile of the Neural DSP Plini plugin. And it doesn't sound that far off.

So is the QC still a threat???

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

You gotta have the right guns when you enter the town of tone. And please, shoot ALL fanboys you come across!

• Why are we so insecure again? :). Just enjoy the damn thing. :)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• As a customer group it's silly to insult a company that's obviously trying to just make something better than has ever been. I heard exactly the same sort of BS about some Kemper guy a decade ago.

He alone is uniquely placed to know how much of a threat the QC is likely to be and what R&D efforts are in the pipeline to ultimately leapfrog the competition. Hopefully.

• I am mostly concerned with live performance (although I acknowledge that others have different use models than I).

Currently, an audience can't tell the difference between the original tube amp and the KPA in a live setting. It is therefore easy to say that the same audience could not tell the difference between the KPA and the NQC either.

My point is that it isn't the accuracy of a capture that is going to make or break the NQC. It is a plethora of other things like usability, reliability, library of sounds available for free and for pay, and the business model of the NQC that will make the biggest difference in its uptake.

• I am mostly concerned with live performance (although I acknowledge that others have different use models than I).

Currently, an audience can't tell the difference between the original tube amp and the KPA in a live setting. It is therefore easy to say that the same audience could not tell the difference between the KPA and the NQC either.

My point is that it isn't the accuracy of a capture that is going to make or break the NQC. It is a plethora of other things like usability, reliability, library of sounds available for free and for pay, and the business model of the NQC that will make the biggest difference in its uptake.

…. and I'm pretty sceptic, if the NQC will have the sustainability to gain this huge success and acceptance, as the profiler had

Yes,, what he said,,,,,, for sure,,,the kid in the front row could care less if its kemper or anything else,,

• Maybe let’s wait for the product to be released and then consider allegedly unjustified critique to be insults?

Why? You didnt.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Thread definitely needs cooler heads, I concur. What's the point of hyping/dissing the Quad Cortex before anyone has even tried one? All we have right now are influencer videos, let's wait till some of the Kemper userbase gets their hands on one and listen to what they have to say after they've had one for a significant period of time (you know how people tout stuff and then say a week or so later, "I am shipping this back").

• I'm gonna throw this out there too, if anyone in Nashville wants to come tinker around with mine when I get it you're more than welcome too. Lol Hey Yall! Capture Profile Party at my house!!! Bring Your Own Beverages tho haha

• I'm talking about a full rig capture. In the Captures equivalent of a Studio Profile, there's no way to turn off that Cab or to try a different one with that Capture without using 2 cabs on top of each other at that point.

Sure. But from what I have been gathering the typical (perspective) user loves to play with IRs and components.

Look at Kemperland: since the KPA can use IRs, the majority of users from the USA (which are always a most important basin for such products) likes the idea of... changing the Cab with an IR.

The same stands for other blocks IME.

At least half of the Captures available at the start will be full rig Captures with Cabs in them and if you don't like that Cab, tough stuff cos you're stuck with it lol. That's my point.

My point is that people will just wait, and enjoy models and what's available at launch. And the library of captures will grow, like it did for the Profiler. Heck, at the beginning there was no Performance mode, no Editor, no merged profiles...

what I mean by stacking Captures, is that it's only an advantage if people want to stack Captures of Drives in front of amps or do complex routing, which is a small percentage of users.

Mhhh... no, I've already read of a lot of users who love the idea to be able to stack a pre and a power amp. And capturing those "sub-parts" is way easier than profiling a Studio rig.

I'm sure people will feel differently and you seem to and that's okay :) we can still be homies haha

Absolutely, I don't aim at winning any sort of competition :)

As I see it, we can express different ideas without having to conclude that "we agree to disagree", as if a "victory" (or its ghosts) were anyway inescapable ;)

Still chasing a worthy one :/