Neural Quad Cortex

• They should come up with a more useable implementation for this.

It’s annoying to have to set another capture block and another output on a separate path on every preset just to have cab monitoring ...

Almost all other devices support automatic output with the cab disabled in parallel with the master output.

• At least someone had it, if you want to look:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Not impressed

Yes, but Stay Metal Ray also. I think this video is more fair than Ola's 2 Videos! Ola's video was for me that he praised the QC too much for me, maybe he is Sponsored by them.

At the end of Ray's Video he is saying its not a Game Changer and its really overhyped, but it has awesome Tones!

From my Position i want to try the QC, but the Kemper stays.

Hopefully an Editor is coming for the QC! I like to editing my Tones on the Desktop Computer!

• Yes, but Stay Metal Ray also. I think this video is more fair than Ola's 2 Videos! Ola's video was for me that he praised the QC too much for me, maybe he is Sponsored by them.

No he's not sponsored. He says to anyone that send him stuff that he will tell his honest opinion and that they have to accept it. He has given some stuff bad review in the past too. And his videos about qc did sound a lot better than this guy

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Personally I'm a bit skeptical about going back to IR's.

I've always felt that the way Kemper has implemented the cabs sounds more lively.

Ingolf - I was a CERTIFIED IR addict before I got my kemper. I mixed a custom IR and used it on all of my settings in my Atomic. It sounded AMAZING. I spent literally days tweaking it, loading a new one, checking it in the PA, lather rinse repeat.

So naturally, when I got my kemper, I tried that IR.

Hated it.

I recently got one of those super cheap (FLAMMA FX100) boxes for casual jamming when I didn't want to pull the Kemper from the studio (Recording albums 3 and 4 now for BISTOLAS) - and I figured, hey- I'll load that IR from before.

Hated it.

I'll still use that crappy little flamma when it's rehearsal or fun - but nothing can pry my kemper, not even from my cold dead hands.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

In my opinion the amp still sounds better..

• In my opinion the amp still sounds better..

Yes... though they were both really good imo. QC is as good as others but not any better, I would say. The real thing should always be somehow closer to itself. A simulation that is supposed to be "better" than the original is a contradiction and therefore cannot exist.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Yes... though they were both really good imo. QC is as good as others but not any better, I would say. The real thing should always be somehow closer to itself. A simulation that is supposed to be "better" than the original is a contradiction and therefore cannot exist.

But the Fractal is 152.8% more realer than the actual amp, that's a proven fact.

• But you need a room, mic, preamp, amp and cabinet. Modellers are about convenience.

Of course, I've been using Fractal gear since 2007, and Kemper since 2012, and pretty much every digital unit that has been available, but only for portability live use, I believe there is room for improvement on all brands, including the new QC, Kemper, Fractal, etc. there is always a certain warmth missing, even if the sound is close; don't get me wrong I'm going to get a QC eventually, and maybe whatever new Kemper unit comes out, I like the Profiling/Captures way of getting my amp sounds, much quicker and closer to the real thing, I'm sure with time it will get even better...I like where it's headed ..

• Personally I'm a bit skeptical about going back to IR's.

I've always felt that the way Kemper has implemented the cabs sounds more lively.

There sometimes is real magic in the combination of amp and cab part captured with Kemper. For sure!

But lately I use the IR from CabIR.eu from their focus series a lot with the Kemper (the Vibrolux IR for example work for so many genres and almost any amp for me - from blues to blackgaze). They are so lively and vibrant. These IR brought so many of my rigs and tones to the next level. So after all, it still seems to be mostly personal taste

This video sums up why this whole debate is becoming a bit of a nonsense....not saying that this video isn't good or informative, but the "does it sound any good" debate seems to be long gone IMO.

If I listen really, really, really hard, I can spot some differences.....but at a real push.

They all sounded great in the hands of a really good guitarist but none of these units will make me play that well.

We are at a level where the sound difference is way more influenced by the set up and fingers than the unit itself.

Form factor and features will determine its success and the QC joins the other serious digital devices.

• But the Fractal is 152.8% more realer than the actual amp, that's a proven fact.

^^

Yeah. What's the answer in a typical blind test?

"Man... uh... dunno exactly which was which, but fractal sounded best imo".