Neural Quad Cortex

• thanks for posting Drew. Nice video and, yes I can hear differences. Perhaps subtle but definitely there.

“How close can the Kemper get.....” “.....90%, 99%......?”

In this particular example, and to my ears and persona tastes only; 125%. The Kemper significantly improved the tone to my ears. I was actually surprised at how uninspiring the Diezel was compared to the profiles. Of course that is just personal taste but I would actually be disappointed if the profile was closer to the real amp this time round.

Haha! I knew someone was gonna say that! The Kemper doesn't sound bad, it just sounds different. And in some cases, it would be preferable over the actual amp, that's totally a valid perspective.

Thanks for watching :)

• If that was truly the case (helix=fractal), everyone in vst plugin market would switch to line6 native (which is the same software as helix rack/floor), and a lot more big bands like periphery, metallica, opeth etc etc you name it would tour with helix racks instead of axe fx's. And we are not seeing it happening anywhere tbh.

This thread is getting really weird from bashing kemper/qc to bashing fractal now.

Nah. People are still playing Gibsons and Fenders despite the fact that there are many other options of equal or greater quality.

• Haha! I knew someone was gonna say that! The Kemper doesn't sound bad, it just sounds different. And in some cases, it would be preferable over the actual amp, that's totally a valid perspective.

Thanks for watching :)

post your profile on rig exchange for "educational" purpose (jk just gonna jam some tool tunes to it) :)

p.s have you played palm mutes when refining?

• post your profile on rig exchange for "educational" purpose (jk just gonna jam some tool tunes to it) :)

p.s have you played palm mutes when refining?

I'd be happy to throw up the profile, will do tomorrow! Yes I have played palm mutes when refining. I sometimes find that if you excessively focus on palm-mutes, that the lows can become even further away, so I think a good blend of low and high notes works best.

• I'd be happy to throw up the profile, will do tomorrow! Yes I have played palm mutes when refining. I sometimes find that if you excessively focus on palm-mutes, that the lows can become even further away, so I think a good blend of low and high notes works best.

I just was making sure, Mr. Kemper posted a few pages ago that it is important to play some palm mutes when refining. Thx for sharing in advance.

Edited once, last by Clanker ().

• Im not really that keen. I already bought one and it will go back if needed. Already have a Fractal, helix and kemper. Some people own tons of guitars and amps. I like modelers. He's actually just listening to the demand of the public and responding directly. I think it simply shows his dedication to the product. Its isn't beta at all is it deals with feature requests. Idea, design, build, POC, alpha test, loop, beta test, loop

How long have you had your Kemper?

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Insaw that HW video earlier this evening. I think he is right on the money with his assessment.

Nobody needs the volume of profiles already available let alone even more that will be produced over time. I have his Everything Pack. I haven’t even tried 20% of them yet and he releases more every week. That is just one profiler. There is no way to keep up with the volume profiles available from all the commercial profilers let alone Rig Exchange etc.

A handful of good profiles is more than enough for my needs but I tend to play a different random profile most days just because I can. It is pure entertainment nothing more. Do I need them absolutely not. Do I enjoy them, hell yeah.

The market for entertainment and exploration is vast. The ability to deliver new models is limited.

Ironically, for pro players who want to craft their own signature tone the flexibility of just tweaking amp like controls in a model might actually be better suited than than trying to find and/or tweak a profile/capture but for the majority of the target market it is all about entertainment and instant gratification and profiles win there hands down.

• From what I have seen of the QC's capture mode, I think one serious flaw is yet to be exposed once the general public get their hands on this thing. The captures are rigid in that you are 100% relying on the author of the capture to provide a capture that will work in your environment out the gate. The problem with this approach is that no two environments will be the same, hence why the KPA has those adjustments inside the amp section to make a good profile that's already production ready to "fit" your environment and the kind of guitar you use. I have had to modify the definition when I changed from a Strat to my 335. So I can't stress how important that singular control is to making a profile work. So far the QC doesn't seem to have this flexibility after the fact so finding captures that work is going to be hit or miss much more frequently than with the KPA. Of course I could be wrong but the only way we will really know is when it's released into the wild and the public get to see how it fits into their environments...

• The problem with this approach is that no two environments will be the same, hence why the KPA has those adjustments inside the amp section to make a good profile that's already production ready to "fit" your environment and the kind of guitar you use.

Ok, and modification options are great, but even with the same mic's, guitars, and a Kemper I still couldn't make the profile sound as good as MBritt does. The adjustments mean nothing if you don't have an ear for what you are adjusting. He does. ;) And the assumption that the Quad does everything in the same way as Kemper does regarding capture mode might be misleading as well. I haven't read enough yet to know this, have you? In other words "maybe" the Quad doesn't need these "adjustments"? lol... Much to learn here is all I'm saying. :)

Another video for our enjoyment....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

Edited once, last by spikey ().

• From what I have seen of the QC's capture mode, I think one serious flaw is yet to be exposed once the general public get their hands on this thing. The captures are rigid in that you are 100% relying on the author of the capture to provide a capture that will work in your environment out the gate. The problem with this approach is that no two environments will be the same, hence why the KPA has those adjustments inside the amp section to make a good profile that's already production ready to "fit" your environment and the kind of guitar you use. I have had to modify the definition when I changed from a Strat to my 335. So I can't stress how important that singular control is to making a profile work. So far the QC doesn't seem to have this flexibility after the fact so finding captures that work is going to be hit or miss much more frequently than with the KPA. Of course I could be wrong but the only way we will really know is when it's released into the wild and the public get to see how it fits into their environments...

With the QC's full captures, the bigger issue for me is the inability to separate the amp and cab.

• Ok, and modification options are great, but even with the same mic's, guitars, and a Kemper I still couldn't make the profile sound as good as MBritt does. The adjustments mean nothing if you don't have an ear for what you are adjusting. He does. ;) And the assumption that the Quad does everything in the same way as Kemper does regarding capture mode might be misleading as well. I haven't read enough yet to know this, have you? In other words "maybe" the Quad doesn't need these "adjustments"? lol... Much to learn here is all I'm saying. :)

Another video for our enjoyment....

External Content www.youtube.com

I have MBritt profiles and I still made adjustments to make them fit better. Even HW of Tone Junkie made a video on this very subject...

Don't underestimate the importance of those controls in the amp section. They are a life saver..

External Content youtu.be

• If the QC sounded spot on in these videos, but it didn't. and that was the person who knows his amp. I download that capture, I have a different guitar and a different play back system so I will probably need to tweak it a bit. With QC I would have gain and a three band eq and maybe that will be enough or I will try the next capture in the list.

• If the QC sounded spot on in these videos, but it didn't. and that was the person who knows his amp. I download that capture, I have a different guitar and a different play back system so I will probably need to tweak it a bit. With QC I would have gain and a three band eq and maybe that will be enough or I will try the next capture in the list.

And what happens when you run out of captures and none of them fit? The eq alone doesn't cover it. I am speaking from experience. The choice of guitar and your playback system are vital components of this jigsaw puzzle. The person who made the capture most likely will not have the same as you and therefore you will need to find ways to make those adjustments and an eq won't cut it.

• Don't underestimate the importance of those controls in the amp section. They are a life saver..

Not underestimating anything and love options, I'm just saying some may not need an older standard gearbox any longer with the release of a new automatic transmission, no matter how well both work (or don't) . ;) The ability to capture an amp's tone with an SM-57 draped across the cabinet does not negate the great tones you can get thru a UA OX line out, in other words. And yes, both are adjustable before and after they are on the track.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

Edited once, last by spikey ().