Neural Quad Cortex

• [Blocked Image: https://neuraldsp.com/wp-conte…NEURAL_Quad-Cortex-v1.jpg]

https://neuraldsp.com/quad-cortex/

Can't believe I haven't seen a thread on this one yet - this is a huge step up in the market. They are essentially claiming the Kemper's functionality with the ability to mix/match 4 separate rigs at a time, including multiple inputs (2 guitarists at once), and an incredible software package and editor to go along with it. Tie this in with the ability to sync patches between their plugins, which hints at a future way to run your own captured rigs via plugin... that's just insane. I don't think there's any way the current KPA hardware can offer that kind of functionality.

Nobody has played with one yet so everything is speculation so far, but I am super excited about what this means for future offerings from Kemper/Fractal/Line6 in order to stay competitive.

• They using big marketing buzzwords "the most powerful floor modeler on the planet" ,

and i guess they need money because you can pre order for $200 and release date is end of September.

My gosch .. they using buzzwords like maschine learning and neuronal cortex.

Big american style marketing maschine is runing for a small Finland company.

By the way they all are cooking with Water ...

in this case they using normal Analog Device Dual-core SHARC+ and ARM Cortex-A5

one SC589 and a SC573. Don't know why the use 2 different SHARC's?

Maybe one for the FFT one for FIR/IR .

Anyway for me this is more a competitor to the Fractal products.

Be the force with you ;)

• What is Neural Capture?

Other companies already digitally capture the sound of an analog rig, some very cleverly for the time they were introduced. But with the advances in machine learning technology and in embedded processing power, we thought we could greatly contribute to this field. Our biomimetic approach relies on a unique combination of advanced machine learning techniques and neuroscience; we invented a way to train an AI to perceive sound in the same way the human ear does. Quad Cortex’s neural networks are hearing your rig in the same way that you do, giving it the most comprehensive and detailed detection system, and the resulting digitized rigs are the most accurate and powerful on the market.

Will be interesting to compare side by side to the Kemper when it's released. I'm not so keen on a floor model and prefer to keep everything behind me, but I love the idea that it could possibly achieve closer results. Their plugins are already seen as top of the class, so I'm excited to see what this does.

• My preorder is in......For me if this sounds as good as the Kemper and is this size....it's a killer. I have been, as many other have followed, that Kemper should release something in more of a HX Stomp size. Someone may be beating them to the party.

Of course, the truth will be told when the rubber hits the road.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

• I’m very excited about this for competitive reasons. I’m sure CK has ideas for v2 hardware or at minimum how to continue unlocking what I hear is more under the hood of the existing unit. This could drive some urgency there, but I realize they’rea small team with limited bandwidth.

I’ve played a jumping game - not quite to the degree I see on TGP- from cheap modeling amps to Helix to Kemper. I’m still in the Kemper Stage honeymoon period (purchased around release) and I’m excited to wait the next 8-12 months for this launch and subsequent updates.

What’s known about Neural effects? I am quite pleased with Kemper’s but like most find ODs / distortion to be lacking. There’s something about hitting a profile with the Pure Booster that’s much nicer than simply increasing profile gain. I don’t have the same comments for the ODs unless an EQ is added, but that then takes up another slot.

• What is Neural Capture?

Other companies already digitally capture the sound of an analog rig, some very cleverly for the time they were introduced. But with the advances in machine learning technology and in embedded processing power, we thought we could greatly contribute to this field. Our biomimetic approach relies on a unique combination of advanced machine learning techniques and neuroscience; we invented a way to train an AI to perceive sound in the same way the human ear does. Quad Cortex’s neural networks are hearing your rig in the same way that you do, giving it the most comprehensive and detailed detection system, and the resulting digitized rigs are the most accurate and powerful on the market.

Will be interesting to compare side by side to the Kemper when it's released. I'm not so keen on a floor model and prefer to keep everything behind me, but I love the idea that it could possibly achieve closer results. Their plugins are already seen as top of the class, so I'm excited to see what this does.

I would not be surprised if you need an internet connection to "profile".

The built-in ARM Cortex A5 processors and the SHARC floating point cores are, in any case, IMHO unable to provide the computing power required for an AI.

Therefore, it will probably work more like Siri or Alexa.

Hey little box I want to sound like John Petrucci ...

Answer: I cannot do this. I have no stable internet connection. Go and practice your stuff ...

Be the force with you ;)

• Not sure. It does have WiFi connectivity, so perhaps there's something to that. Neural's social media personality is a buddy of mine and supposed to get a prototype soon, so we're looking forward to putting it up against the Kemper and figuring this thing out.

• seems that much more will jump on the profiler train,

just have an Fender Deluxe Tonemaster here, its an original Deluxe Reverb

in Digital, but looks like an old Blackface and it sounds pretty amazing