Neural Quad Cortex

• At least you can now shut down the feature request section of this forum. It's all "just put the existing Kemper into that thing".

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Won’t offer a second comment here on the topic (so as to not to derail), but when I’ve profiled acoustic sims results have been quite good for me. Maybe you can do similarly if in need of an acoustic sim, dial things the way you like. And when kemper release acoustic sim, cool.

Now about the rest of your post: I see reasons why more processing power is useful. If not for processing more novel sounds, having a whole band go through a single unit can be quite convenient, never mind cost saving for a band, including back up units. That alone is arguably a big step forward for the price. It also allows me to control other people’s tone, which can help with sleep patterns and stress (lol).

I agree with you that there seems to be a lack of fantasy when it comes to fundamental guitar tones, perhaps. Depends on what our standards are. Bouzouki tones haven’t changed too much either :) But I don’t really have much to offer on that end, like most, no super fresh ideas, at least for guitar sounds.

The bonanza

• In regards to the QnA, I thought it was petty good. But I’m probably zoning out till there’s some really good audio tests of “capture” facility posted with source, reference included.

The bonanza

• Folks...

I didn't see this posted here yet, but sample sounds were posted earlier today.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

• Sounds good, but more or less to be expected considering the plugins. I’m waiting for them to post an actual comparison to a source tone, using “capture “, where supposedly this unit does amazingly well.

The bonanza

• Yeah....

I don't need to be that impressed right now. Although I prefer a heavier sound, I did not like that "Screaming Lead" sound, but really for me that's just a personal taste thing. I actually liked the clean stuff on this, thought it sounded cool.

I happened across a YouTube video of one of my guitar heroes George Lynch doing a clinic at PitBull Audio very recently. He was trying out the Tosin Abasi plug-in (sounds like he was very new to it), and I thought it sounded great. On his Instagram, he noted:

"At #pitbull music in San Diego for @espguitars clinic. First time running the @neuraldsp @archetypoe @tosinabasi software Wow!"

George is a monster and a self-proclaimed gear addict, with access to tons of stuff......and if he thinks it's seems cool, who am I do disagree. Mind you this is the plug-in, not the unit. Just for grins, he also mentioned that he had built his tiger stripe guitar for something like a $100 back in the day, and just sold it for $125,000. ;)

I had the opportunity to see his Lynch Mob this past fall at the Arcada Theatre, it was his 65th birthday...and the dude can jam!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

• Yep, the bloke is a monster. I'm going to a guitar clinic next year where he's one of the tutors (along with Paul Gilbert), and everyone has to jam with them both. I'm already crapping my pants.

• Those sounds don't inspire me in the slightest, but I'm more of a vintage tone guy these days. If I was still into metal, I think I'd love it. One thing I noticed from this video is that the stomp switches are waaaaay too close together to be able to work for me live. I have trouble with the Remote (the main reason why I'm considering the Stage, which has increased distance between them), so this would only frustrate me in the thick of a live show. Size 12 UK plates of meat and a congested footswitch don't go well together.

• Most higher value digital products will have their lifespan planned early on as they are guaranteed to become obsolete at some point. My point was we don't know the plan for Kemper Gmbh. Maybe they hoped to expand until they became GlobalMegaCorp or maybe they are happy working for the current wage and environment. There are people that are content on working with 1-2 year employment contracts and others that need permanence to feel secure. There are those that are happier running their own business than working in a supermarket for the same money.

We don't know if the senior people in Kemper have everything pinned on coming up with the next Kemper and therefore an interest in keeping up with the competition or have already been working on something completely different. It's not as if the KPA was a natural progression of their product line.

My point is essentially that we don't know if it bothers Kemper that after nearly a decade, their product is no longer going to be at the front of the pack.

• Not impressed either..sure ...maybe I am biased..but still..sound a lot like what I hear from their plug ins..

@Dimi

Traditional instruments indeed doesn't have changed a lot..but this(changing,developing) is not their job,right?I mean..they call them "traditional instruments" for a reason.One of this reason is that these instruments are "basic sounds"..the root of all.Where ever you are..developing fast,trying new things..you can always relate to these sounds when you loose your way..

And I fully agree with you.Moaarrr...is not always bad at all..but please let's allocate the surplus in a way which is beautiful and inspires us musicians to be in the future while to have all possibilities to "do it the old way.."

That being said..I have seen and heard great and experienced musicians who played very "modern stuff" but went really nuts (in a positive way) mixing their guitar sound with "something else" from the traditional arsenal of instruments..it is inspiring.

I just wanted to say that this aspect is completely missing from all the new digital tools.And there is no real good reason for this.

Anyway..sure OT..sorry..

• Sounds ok for a beta version.

I like the UI and the up to 4 parallel ways - all with amp blocks in it.

... but since the KPA is perfect for my needs ...

let’s wait and see

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• when i look at namm announcements , i realize that there is a lot of Stuff

which can be preordered,, but which dont exist

is this a new way to get money from customers to develop new stuff ?

former times stuff was announced , when it was ready we could buy it

dont know if i like this new way

• My point is essentially that we don't know if it bothers Kemper that after nearly a decade, their product is no longer going to be at the front of the pack.

Yes, this would be indeed a very interesting question for CK himself. At least I would like to know the answer. In interviews I feel like he always remains quite vague. My own understanding of human psychology and my realy basic understanding of marketing lead me to conclusions like above. In my personal understanding a company like Kemper should present clearer plans for a Kemper2 in times when "profiling" will flood (I claim) the next generation of digital amplification. It is only the silence that many people hate. On the other hand, yes, maybe from his standpoint t really IS difficult because... with no capacities at the moment you cannot be more precise in interviews (?). And if you are not clear you create room for speculation. With Kemper we are well trained for waiting. "Let's wait and we will see some day" said the blind and fell into a hole.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio