Neural Quad Cortex

• The majority of ones I've had to work with over the past 3 years. I don't feel obligated to just outright name them unless they specifically come up and it's worth scrutinizing. It's certainly nothing rare in marketing or a big secret.

the "majority"? i don't think you can name magazines or you have proof. if you have names, share them privately with us. because frankly, i think you're just spreading fake news. i'm in this industry for a very long time and never came across this a single time. and for you it's most of the magazines. isn't that strange?

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• i'm in this industry for a very long time and never came across this a single time

Let me put it this way ... it's not unheard of in this and many other industries that (some) publications have clients frequently booking ads and in return they publish articles/reviews to please these clients.

There's many subtle ways to "pay for publicity" other than the direct way. ;)

To say it with Shirley Bassey:

So let me get right to the point
    I don't pop my cork for every man I see
    Hey big spender,
    Spend a little time with me

• Let me put it this way ... it's not unheard of in this and many other industries that (some) publications have clients frequently booking ads and in return they publish articles/reviews to please these clients.

To say it with Shirley Bassey:

So let me get right to the point
    I don't pop my cork for every man I see
    Hey big spender,
    Spend a little time with me

Absolutely. I mean, no human soil.

The bonanza

• Let me put it this way ... it's not unheard of in this and many other industries that (some) publications have clients frequently booking ads and in return they publish articles/reviews to please these clients.

"For some publications, you pay for these awards" - this is what I was referring to. That has nothing to do with editorial/advertorial etc. For sure there is a grey area when it comes to buying "space". But buying an award? No, I don't think so. And even if it would be true in a single case, that's not what he said. He stated that buying awards is true for most of the magazines he "worked with".

• the "majority"? i don't think you can name magazines or you have proof. if you have names, share them privately with us. because frankly, i think you're just spreading fake news. i'm in this industry for a very long time and never came across this a single time. and for you it's most of the magazines. isn't that strange?

Have you worked in marketing in this industry? Sounds more you like you having an axe to grind because you don't particularly like me very much, which is apparent in how you've doled out (and not doled out) warnings and bans.

The immediate example I'll give you is MusicRadar's parent company, Future plc, does exchange compensation for such types of awards. That doesn't mean they just accept any old garbage, it has to meet acceptable terms, but they don't actually give you that publicity without compensation. In other cases, as lightbox points out, there is a quid pro quo when it comes to things like this, such as an award being given out for past or future investments in ads. There isn't one policy that rules every publication, print or online, but these are similar themes. They're businesses after all. When it comes to MusicRadar, I've just never had an experience with them on this matter to 100% say one way or another.

Let me add to it in another way: considering how publications make their living selling editorial content & native advertising which masks itself as impartial editorial content, is this really a logical stretch? There have been some instances where we didn't pay for editorial space or "awards" and received some, of course, but it's very infrequent and typically follows with the sales team at the publication contacting you to ask for money in future ads and editorial content. Maybe because Kemper is such a hot commodity item, magazines behave a little differently since their readers will have a built-in interest. I won't sit here and claim the treatment my company gets vs, say, Gibson, is completely the same. But holy hell, this was obvious to me as a kid reading guitar magazines where every "award" was given to the same companies, chiefly Line 6 and Gibson, brands who would consistently advertise with them. Are we going to suggest mutual back-scratching isn't compensation for "awards"? And let me clear up that just because such offers come across my email doesn't mean I take them up. There are ethical and unethical ways of advertising, and I find buying "awards" to be unethical, but I don't lie that it happens, and happens often in the publications I've communicated with.

There's no "fake news" [eye roll]. Other times on the forum I've peeled back the curtain a bit because this is the industry I work in, but I don't like getting overly specific if I don't have to considering the sensitivity of some matters. The idea that I'm going to sit here and give you a cataloged run down of every magazine that has approached my company about NAMM and other tradeshow awards is just ridiculous.

• Sorry to OT, but @G String neither you nor DonPetersen told me why you made my thread about a contest I entered invisible, even though I've tried to PM you and notify you, Now I'm forced to come to a thread that you are no doubt monitoring just to get a response.

I could have used some hits, maybe I'd get some support or something. Who knows?

Or maybe that's not allowed, but I've seen quite a few threads that do the same thing.

At any rate, let me know what the reason for making it invisible was. Isn't the standard procedure deletion? Why make it invisible? At least give me a warning, how do I know what I did that was verboten?

This is the video at any rate, I couldn't figure out what was so bad about my entering a contest. The Kemper was on that track too.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I could come up with multiple explanations why you made my video invisible without even having the courtesy to tell me why. But the one that strikes me as the most plausible is the one you'd deny the most, just like this business about paid awards.

Sorry if that cuts a little too close to home. Anyone can see that eye closed icon next to my thread. Invisible.

• I'm sure they're not over the moon with posting entries to another competitor's contest that's designed to promote their brand. If you hadn't mentioned Neural or the contest, just linked the video and said Kemper was used in it, I don't know that anything would have happened.

Seems like they maybe hid it instead of deleting it hoping you wouldn't notice or be insulted? Surely a better thing to do would be to politely ask you not to advertise another company's competition on their forum like that, which I think would be reasonable.

• I'm sure they're not over the moon with posting entries to another competitor's contest that's designed to promote their brand. If you hadn't mentioned Neural or the contest, just linked the video and said Kemper was used in it, I don't know that anything would have happened.

Seems like they maybe hid it instead of deleting it hoping you wouldn't notice or be insulted? Surely a better thing to do would be to politely ask you not to advertise another company's competition on their forum like that, which I think would be reasonable.

You mean sort of like they're not over the moon about you being on the forums? You'd think they'd have made you invisible by now then.

Let them explain it to me, ay? In the screen shot I posted, there's someone else that had posted a contest video.

You of all people should know by now they don't throw out people who talk about other competition and trash talk the Kemper very subtly all the time, neh? I just posted a video with the Kemper in it.

So to be polite, butt out, yes? :cursing:

• You mean sort of like they're not over the moon about you being on the forums? You'd think they'd have made you invisible by now then.

Well, I have been selectively banned for periods of time, which makes me effectively invisible for a while and discourages my participation. Though, I never suggested they outright get rid of everything they don't like here. Not sure how these are connected.

Let them explain it to me, ay? In the screen shot I posted, there's someone else that had posted a contest video.

I'm not prohibiting them from doing so, I'm just offering the way I see it from the outside.

You of all people should know by now they don't throw out people who talk about other competition and trash talk the Kemper very subtly all the time, neh? I just posted a video with the Kemper in it.

So to be polite, butt out, yes? :cursing:

I'm a little confused. I never suggested they just throw people out, only that they may not like you promoting a competitors marketing campaign in the header of a thread. It's of course an assumption. As for butting out, you posted on a public thread rather than a DM to the admins, which invites participation and scrutiny, much like how you offer your perspective in conversations not directed at you here. I thought my response was polite and constructive but you seem to have taken some personal offense.

• Well, I have been selectively banned for periods of time, which makes me effectively invisible for a while and discourages my participation. Though, I never suggested they outright get rid of everything they don't like here. Not sure how these are connected.

I'm not prohibiting them from doing so, I'm just offering the way I see it from the outside.

I'm a little confused. I never suggested they just throw people out, only that they may not like you promoting a competitors marketing campaign in the header of a thread. It's of course an assumption. As for butting out, you posted on a public thread rather than a DM to the admins, which invites participation and scrutiny, much like how you offer your perspective in conversations not directed at you here. I thought my response was polite and constructive but you seem to have taken some personal offense.

1) You didn't read my post. I contacted the mods via PM and got no reply for two days.

2) Have you seen the Helix and Quad Cortex and Axe FX threads here? How do you justify those then? These aren't the Axe FX forums, they have always allowed the discussion about competing products within reason. Please don't use these kinds of tunnel vision arguments.

3) Telling people there's a contest isn't even remotely rude to the host on any forum, It'd for a plugin, why would I not mention that it's a Neural DSP contest? Iirc, the Kemper demo guy at quite a few NAMM shows (I forget his name, Thomas something) posted his entry to a contest where he came first. It's been done before too. What's the harm? I never even insinuated it's as good as the Kemper, which people were doing on the Quad Cortex thread without any clips even.

4) Butt out means when I ask a mod "why did you make my post invisible", someone who isn't a mod should mind his business and let a mod tell me what I did wrong.

For a simple reason: you have no idea.

I don't mind, I respect the rules and follow the rules. This was shameless self promotion and if that isn't allowed on Show Your Music, half the other threads should be made invisible.

And why made invisible? Why not deleted? I need to know.

Since you don't know, it doesn't make sense to chime in with your reading of why a thread was made invisible.

No offence taken, just irritation and not even lasting irritation. I was waiting to be slapped down by G String or Don unjustly, to be completely honest.

Peace.

• 1) You didn't read my post. I contacted the mods via PM and got no reply for two days.

I did read your post. It was posted here. You may have mentioned having trouble reaching them in PM's, but you still posted it publicly.

2) Have you seen the Helix and Quad Cortex and Axe FX threads here? How do you justify those then? These aren't the Axe FX forums, they have always allowed the discussion about competing products within reason. Please don't use these kinds of tunnel vision arguments.

A discussion on a new product is hardly akin to participating in a brand-driven promotion. Maybe Kemper doesn't care that way, but to me I see a difference, at least one bringing up in figuring out why maybe that thread was mysteriously hidden.

3) Telling people there's a contest isn't even remotely rude to the host on any forum, It'd for a plugin, why would I not mention that it's a Neural DSP contest? Iirc, the Kemper demo guy at quite a few NAMM shows (I forget his name, Thomas something) posted his entry to a contest where he came first. It's been done before too. What's the harm? I never even insinuated it's as good as the Kemper, which people were doing on the Quad Cortex thread without any clips even.

I'm only offering a possible explanation of why Kemper may have done something.

4) Butt out means when I ask a mod "why did you make my post invisible", someone who isn't a mod should mind his business and let a mod tell me what I did wrong.

Again, you posted it publicly. My sincerest apologies for trying to be thoughtful & constructive. :rolleyes:

• Neural Quad Cortex, so my post is vaguely related.

No reply from the mods either. Ok, carry on, it's a bit strange, to me at least.

nightlight

seems to be a simply pilot error by one of the mods (note, it takes only one click). in any case, i've "re-approved" your thread. you've posted in our evening, that's why you didn't get a reply sooner.

let's get back on topic.

• Back to topic. QC Seems a good unit, but their Advertising on the technical specs of the unit makes me laugh tbh. The sound is the priority so let’s give our opinion when the unit will be available. In my case will I spend 1600€ for a new unit as I am happy with my current one ? No I am too lazy guy to come back from scratch to get my sound with a new unit. Since I have found my tone with Kemper 3 years, I only spend my time composing and recording, not tweaking anymore. I am happy to be a compulsive tweaking rehab :)

• I preordered because I am curious on the multi rig option. Saying this, I haven't heard any good representation of the tones with any of the released vids out there. So I am hoping it sounds better when they release it. For the price, it's not too bad for what they are claiming it will do. I love my Kemper but there is more that I wish it could do. Hence why I use other gear with it.