Neural Quad Cortex

• I think the cab has a more pronounced effect on the final tone than the amp. Each time you mic it, the sound varies a lot.

yep it’s all about the cab and how it’s miced, it’s 90% of the sound IMO, this is where I hope the Kabinet will shine, so gassed, you find the right speaker for your monitor, find an equivelant IR for FOH, in theory this should provide as good as it gets.

Back on track the quad sounds interesting but it may be years before we have a complete solution .

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• But AXE-FX designer says: "our toy can sound like Marshall JCM800". And they try for write software for their CPU's to sound like this Marshall JCM800. Remember that, when firmware changes this new updated Marshall, which was supposed to sound like this Marshall, now sounds different ;)

And then the users say finally it sounds like the real hardware. Until the nex firmware

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• So in a year we will have a lot of profiles of this QC and blended amps. Good. I'm looking forward to that and I don't even need to buy that machine. Anyway what I've heard so far I've not been impressed.

Henry David Thoreau

• So in a year we will have a lot of profiles of this QC and blended amps. Good. I'm looking forward to that and I don't even need to buy that machine. Anyway what I've heard so far I've not been impressed.

I agree.. The sound demos haven't moved me yet but I did jump on the presale. I am Kemper for life tho but.. New toys are always welcomed.

That statement actually made me think for a minute. Now with the editor almost done it opens up doors to do things that are not possible on the Kemper alone. The editor would allow them to use computer processing power in order to create 'blended amps'. It could be a function of the editor only, much like loading IRs. I think I am more excited to see what creativity this unit sparks in Kemper then what the QC will actually do.

• That statement actually made me think for a minute. Now with the editor almost done it opens up doors to do things that are not possible on the Kemper alone. The editor would allow them to use computer processing power in order to create 'blended amps'. It could be a function of the editor only, much like loading IRs. I think I am more excited to see what creativity this unit sparks in Kemper then what the QC will actually do.

I don't believe that to be the case as the computer processing power doesn't do anything. Via the editor, the computer simply acts as a remote for the Kemper. The actual processing happens entirely on the Kemper. You already can load ir's on a kemper (it actually ships with a selection of celestion ir's). The editor is just a remote that facilitates a lot of functions by displaying everything on one screen.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

• I don't believe that to be the case as the computer processing power doesn't do anything. Via the editor, the computer simply acts as a remote for the Kemper. The actual processing happens entirely on the Kemper. You already can load ir's on a kemper (it actually ships with a selection of celestion ir's). The editor is just a remote that facilitates a lot of functions by displaying everything on one screen.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Yes that is indeed how it currently works but the editor does open up new possibilities. Just because the current iteration doesnt not make use of the computers CPU does not mean it has to remain that way. The interface exists and if someone wanted to add the functionality, it could be done. It could exist as a single amp on the Kemper but be edited as dual amps in the editor. There are a lot of possibilities with what Kemper is building out.

• I'm not sure if they want to go down that road... I don't know if a "Kemper Player Plugin" (like a plugin able to load Profiles) is being considered by Mr Kemper. No idea if this is easily transferable to a Mac/PC CPU architecture.

My personal belief is that Mr Kemper is more of an integrated system guy. A bit like Apple in the sense of "if you want to write great software, you need to build your own hardware". Personally, I'd be surprised if they'd go down the software road. But this is just a personal opinion though and I could be terribly wrong.

I think that running 2 profiles at once, more complex routing possibilities and other features will eventually appear in a 2nd hardware iteration. But I doubt that this will happen anytime soon. With the Stages selling very good, one can only hope that their R&D budget will increase ;)

• I'm not sure if they want to go down that road... I don't know if a "Kemper Player Plugin" (like a plugin able to load Profiles) is being considered by Mr Kemper. No idea if this is easily transferable to a Mac/PC CPU architecture.

My personal belief is that Mr Kemper is more of an integrated system guy. A bit like Apple in the sense of "if you want to write great software, you need to build your own hardware". Personally, I'd be surprised if they'd go down the software road. But this is just a personal opinion though and I could be terribly wrong.

I think that running 2 profiles at once, more complex routing possibilities and other features will eventually appear in a 2nd hardware iteration. But I doubt that this will happen anytime soon. With the Stages selling very good, one can only hope that their R&D budget will increase ;)

Oh no, I am not suggesting a plugin or even running 2 profiles at once. Much more simple than that, use the editor and the PCs computing power to, in effect, create one new profile by merging two existing profiles. Create one merged profile.

• They sound as AXE-FX designer has decided, that particular amp sounds. It changed through different firmwares.

Only Kemper sounds like miked amp. With Kabinet it will come even closer to the amp with amp in the room thing.

We hope...

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I have yet to hear a demo of the Quad Cortex that impressed me. However, I tried Neural's Archetype: Plini this morning and was blown away. It's definitely my new favorite amp plug-in (but S-Gear is still a close second). I may be pre-ordering after all. :)

• Maybe they will go with THU route :"The Neural Captures list will be added later"

I think it may be not avaliable to the end user.

Neural Capture

Capture, share and download your favorite rigs’ sounds.

Equipped with our unique biomimetic AI technology, Quad Cortex can learn and replicate the sonic characteristics of any physical amplifier, overdrive, and cabinet with unprecedented accuracy.

Unlike any other, our sophisticated neural network algorithm perceives sound akin to human perception, making it the most natural-sounding capture solution on the planet.

We are collaborating with some of the best producers and sound designers to provide an ever-growing collection of free rig captures in addition to our full-circuit models.

https://neuraldsp.com/quad-cortex/#neural-capture

• The best ever done and it need...cabsims. Why doesn't that sound convincing to me. Makes me think about Fractal.

Henry David Thoreau

• The best ever done and it need...cabsims. Why doesn't that sound convincing to me. Makes me think about Fractal.

The cabsims are needed for the emulation part. In the beginning there will be 50 amp models where you have full control like the amps in AxeFX or Helix.

The neural capture part is supposed to work like in a Kemper.

So the QC is supposed to offer both worlds in one unit and you can use and mix whatever you like.

• It might have been a mistake to show those early sound clips where the quality was questionable. I’ll wait for something more in depth nearer the release date, because the plugins do sound good.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Too bad it comes so late, I'm really interested by this unit, even more that I know now for sure that RM3 and future Kemper updates won't work with RM2 and Mavericks :/)

I asked Neural DSP and yes their editor will support OSX since Mavericks (like fractal and helix btw) so that could make me changing things cause of my editor needs.

Hope to ear new sounds and news soon !

• I think this may be interesting for some of you. How machine deep learning can simulate a guitar amp:

http://research.spa.aalto.fi/p…ions/papers/applsci-deep/

http://research.spa.aalto.fi/p…I5mlAluSS2k3IJ-LPTvXMIWK8

http://smc2019.uma.es/articles/S5/S5_02_SMC2019_paper.pdf

https://music-laboratory.com/2…tro-and-initial-attempts/

From the last blog we can found that :"Modeling a tone with a cabinet didn’t work so well."

Maybe they will use IR after the AMP emulation?

This is very interesting topic for me. I think some researchers from aalto are involved into QC project.