Neural Quad Cortex

• What I wanted to add: I am still quite excited about this unit. I had a web chat with Steven from Ndsp, some time ago. He answered that the QC would (quote:) "definitely be able to do that on the same, if not better level" to my question if I could expect the QC to reproduce my tube amps like my Kempers. He did not say anything in detail other than to somehow "promise" that. Well, I really can't wait to hear first real working units and not those crappy first sound samples from winter namm.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• What I wanted to add: I am still quite excited about this unit. I had a web chat with Steven from Ndsp, some time ago. He answered that the QC would (quote:) "definitely be able to do that on the same, if not better level" to my question if I could expect the QC to reproduce my tube amps like my Kempers. He did not say anything in detail other than to somehow "promise" that. Well, I really can't wait to hear first real working units and not those crappy first sound samples from winter namm.

Yeah, and not just chuggachuggawaaaah stuff either.

• I think the guy behind the deep machine learning scientific paper is working with ndsp. Tre results of his work was promising. This is next step in this paradigm of profiling but with different aproach to the problem. I dont know if it will be better or worse. The most interesting part is that does this algo is working well in the regions where KPA does not working well. Maybe this will "drive" our alien technology friends to upgerade some algo... Who knows . Competition is a good thing for consumer.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is a comparison video with Neural Granophyre vs Kemper Granophyre!!!What do you think..??

not that the Profile used is much to my personal liking, but it is a sound I can see doing it's job in a mix, whereas the other one sounds like it has quite a bit of lo-mid build-up and it would need some serious attention eq-wise to make it work in any real world scenario.

• As I said in my home studio Kemper sounded a lot better, more weight on the sound and there are some points in the video that you can hear it is better. Also the profiles are a little more saturated and thats not helpful..Right now my Kemper kills the Neural plugins and everything else outhere. I want to make a video for Petr Canov 's merged profile pack that is unbelievably good...I hope Neural quad cortex will be better than the plugins. Kemper needs some competition because I believe that could fix some parts where Kemper adds a little more compression..etc..

• I think I still totally hate that 12V power input. But I am getting dead nervous about those "hundreds of improved amp captures" that are expected to come stock. Can't wait for the next official video.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• First "Capture/Profiling" video.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yeah, it is just a matter of time (and it is shorter timeframe, rather than longer) and all modelers will have something similar to Kemper's profiling. And it will boil down to user experience, ergonomics, required features and personal preference (sound / feel won't be a deciding factor very, very soon). For sure Fractal and NeuralDSP are already able to (re)produce tone accurately, just like Kemper. Fractal still can't do this with just passive cooling. NeuralDSP - I'm not sure if it is passively cooled - anyone knows?

Integrating profiling into NeuralDSP makes it a very interesting option - similar price point, way more effects, modeling (i.e. savings on profiles packs - we all know we spent way too much money on profiles we'll never use :-), smaller form factor - all good stuff for many (majority?) users.

So there is QuadCortex with profiling, Fractal's FM3 dirt cheap (both are audio interfaces as well). the question is: what will Kemper do?

(disclaimer: I'm happy Kemper user for many years and I love it, but it can't be unnoticed that it is competition that is furiously driving innovation in field of guitar preamps / processors - true, some people are not interested in more advanced features, but it is always better to have options, especially if the come for cheaper).

I'm really looking forward to seeing what future will bring. Exciting times!

• Another factor is service.

Kemper so far has treated me extremely well, and I expect that will continue. I know nothing of the other offerings abilities.

I'll sit tight. I'm a geek and love new toys, but I'm not tempted right now. Not yet.

• Spooky. That label should say "Kemper II", as exactly requested in detail already years ago in this forum. Let's wait for real sound samples.

• Another factor is service.

Kemper so far has treated me extremely well, and I expect that will continue. I know nothing of the other offerings abilities.

I'll sit tight. I'm a geek and love new toys, but I'm not tempted right now. Not yet.

Agree, kempers service is top notch. :)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Spooky. That label should say "Kemper II", as exactly requested in detail already years ago in this forum. Let's wait for real sound samples.

This is exactly the risk companies face when they settle for whatever good product they first released. If you don't have a decent pipeline of "Version 2", you will sooner or later face other companies with a similar but better product. Whether it is sound quality or features.

Vortech - Finnish Industrial Death Metal since 2000

• Nice video and it seems exciting, but let's wait and see what really transpires. Personally I think Kemper would be looking for a game changer to justify a version II hardware.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7