Neural Quad Cortex

• Demo is up - sounds excellent! Can’t wait to get my preorder -

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I keep running this movie in my head of setting up and playing in a scummy bar. Then I go to the bathroom, come back, stomp on the buttons, then bend down and turn them to change a parameter.

Eeeewww... yuk.

• it is possible that this can be the impression if the IR is auditioned with the PROFILER's CABINET section switched off.

Switching CABINET off automatically engages the Cab Driver algorithm.

This does not mean however, that the conversion of IR to PROFILER cabinet is inaccurate at all, it means you are comparing different things. ;)

hmmm, its been ages but I converted the IR to a cab and then used it in the cab section....unless this got changed in a FW if definitely changed the sound of the cab (compared to it in a torpedo/fractal/ir loader etc) maybe I will revisit it.

• I keep running this movie in my head of setting up and playing in a scummy bar. Then I go to the bathroom, come back, stomp on the buttons, then bend down and turn them to change a parameter.

Eeeewww... yuk.

I was already thinking of a 3D print dog shit avoider for those gig tweaks hahah

• Yeah, not for me.:D

Those things are doing double duty as stomp switches and rotary encoders. If you don't want to handle them for sanitary reasons then you have lost your encoders and cannot quickly adjust parameters (eg the tone stack or an amp model, delay and verb level etc).

If the buttons are covered they don't get dirty under the cover but then you need to remove the cover to make adjustments. Maybe that is a quick and not so dirty solution if the cover just flips up.

Eeeewww... yuk.

Thats one big reason for it being un use-able in the giging world,, maybe on the studio shelf,, but not on the floor,, for gods sake,,in today's world?????

• Those things are doing double duty as stomp switches and rotary encoders. If you don't want to handle them for sanitary reasons then you have lost your encoders and cannot quickly adjust parameters (eg the tone stack or an amp model, delay and verb level etc).

If the buttons are covered they don't get dirty under the cover but then you need to remove the cover to make adjustments. Maybe that is a quick and not so dirty solution if the cover just flips up.

As a long long time engineer, I can not help but wonder about the reliability of this design. Seems like it would be fraught with failure modes.

• Thats one big reason for it being un use-able in the giging world,, maybe on the studio shelf,, but not on the floor,, for gods sake,,in today's world?????

Seems like an easy fix.....either an individual turner (like an electrical wire nut turner) or maybe those mushroom footswitch covers and use the underneath par.

I'm more worried about the screen with the amount of savages running around these days.

• i wonder if there will be a pc editor and what will it look like and what amp parameters there will be

yes, there will be.

And a tablet and phone editor, as the device has Bluetooth.

Not sure why everyone is freaking out about having to edit it on the switches at a gig.... you just use the dedicated app.

That’s what I’ll be doing, anyway.

• It’s only a matter of time before someone forgets to change the default Bluetooth paring code, and someone in the audience pairs his phone with YOUR unit, and changes your presets/parameters mid-gig.... That would almost be funny. :)

Just kidding - it wouldn’t be funny at all.

PSA - If anyone here buys one of these - CHANGE THE BT PAIRING CODE!

• Not freaking out mate. And the mobile app will be fine I'm sure. We are wired to change the controls on our amps/hardware though. That's the fastest way.

• Seems like an easy fix.....either an individual turner (like an electrical wire nut turner) or maybe those mushroom footswitch covers and use the underneath par.

I'm more worried about the screen with the amount of savages running around these days.

Either get your band to use remote switching from a computer, or buy a cheap midi pedal board. It does look a little delicate for live use on a stage floor.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Demo is up - sounds excellent! Can’t wait to get my preorder -

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Dang. That Strat tone @ 11:34 is gorgeous.

• Either get your band to use remote switching from a computer, or buy a cheap midi pedal board. It does look a little delicate for live use on a stage floor.

Because I might have a synth rig setup I'm thinking I might go that way....if RJM support the QC and allow patch name downloading etc it will be awesome. A mixer case would be perfect for it and a low profile hardware synth.