Neural Quad Cortex

• Brillant, love it :).

Couple of points:

1) Not sure if you are from the UK, but Manchester is famous for always raining, so that's doubly funny :)

2) Metallica are not a valid bench mark as they are way "harder" than me. I'd say " Im not going out there, I'll get wet"

3) Why on earth do they not have a roof on in Manchester ? Nutters! See points 1 and 2...

• Now where I live I don´t have such problems anymore(rain during summer) but musicians here play (when ever they don´t play with one of the better paying acts) in..what you can describe as student bars..There are a lots of them.18-22 years old kids freakin´out completely.And while things are "somewhat sorted" with the well known "international" top40 stuff..things turn punk when you play the "national" top40.And when I say punk..I mean it..none of these tiny bars have stages..you play next to a wall of kids doing their mating waltz like there is no tomorrow.A fat cloud of dope smoke over your heads and more than just a "lots of alcohol".

So..for these gigs you don´t bring your Les Paul Custom and your boutique 25 watts.Most of the musicians here for these kind of gigs bring in Harley Bentons and pod xt.Before covid I also started to see stomps.But thats it.Thanks thomann..

If some one really likes to risk his 1600$ flooboard to get the few bucks these kind of gigs gets you..again..be my guest..

• Maybe nice for home studio usage, but live with dirty floors, stages and rest rooms. I find it rather disgusting to step on the switches with a dirty shoe sole and then use them with the fingers to adjust settings.

Thats another very good point.

I guess till yet nobody mention this because..it is a new concept.Lets see how this one turns out.Indeed quite interesting.Does the QC have an editor?For recording and home studio?

• I've decided 100% to mount mine in a mixer rack case as well as a few other goodies and I'll use an RJM mastermind to control .

The QC knobs will never be exposed to my shoes hahah!

• Well good news everyone. All of the mentioned products, Kemper, Quad, Helix, Axe (whether all-in-one floor or head/rack versions) have midi jacks. Which means you could sit any version of them, all-in-one, head, or rack safely behind you in some capacity and control them cheaply with something like the Behringer midi controller. Or you could buy something that costs as much as what you’re trying to protect (RJM mastermind) and exposing IT to all the wild-beer chugging, stiletto heel stomping maniacs that frequent your shows who are aiming for the screens of your floorboards.

• Well good news everyone. All of the mentioned products, Kemper, Quad, Helix, Axe (whether all-in-one floor or head/rack versions) have midi jacks. Which means you could sit any version of them, all-in-one, head, or rack safely behind you in some capacity and control them cheaply with something like the Behringer midi controller. Or you could buy something that costs as much as what you’re trying to protect (RJM mastermind) and exposing IT to all the wild-beer chugging, stiletto heel stomping maniacs that frequent your shows who are aiming for the screens of your floorboards.

Or you'll get yourself a bluguitar amp1 from ebay for under 500€ and call it a day for bar gigs/jams.

At least this is what I will do.

• I doubt that there will ever be a "one size fits all" device.

There was one. It was called a Keeley Compressor.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Interesting...sounds good. You can never tell on these reviews on what is really sounds like. Not sure I'd like to programme on the device even though it looks very easy but I assume its got a great PC interface.

Based on this VERY quick overview, if I was in the market for a device I would be looking at( in this order):

1) Kemper

2) Cortex

3) Helix

4) Axe

It seems to out Helix the Helix...

P.S. Has Rabea lost some weight?

• Promising, at least. But I am still hoping that Kemper is going to drop the bomb, soon.

I don't see what 'bomb' they could - or even need - to drop. CK has said more than once that their profiling tech is about as advanced and as optimized as they can make it.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The best thing going for it is the size to power ratio. I love the Stomp for portability, but I am always a little short of processing. Kemper sounds great, but I'd love it to have a small version with all the same ins and outs.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• The best thing going for it is the size to power ratio. I love the Stomp for portability, but I am always a little short of processing. Kemper sounds great, but I'd love it to have a small version with all the same ins and outs.

I was thinking the same thing. Something about the size of the foot controller, but with all controls for editing done either through a PC, or a phone/tablet app.

No one is going to be editing rigs in the heat of battle anyway .... and this could give Kemper an "entry level" product at around $700 I would think.

At a bare minimum, practically every gigging current Kemper owner would buy one for a backup ;)