Neural Quad Cortex

• Hopefully we all agree:

1) You can;t truly judge based on a youtube vid, its only when you play

2) Its good enough to be "in the running". Time and personal preference will determine where it ranks vs the big 3 ( Axe, Kemper, Helix)

3) It has some cool features which some will find more useful than others

I'm excited to hear what DeanJam thinks when he gets it.

Personally I wouldn't dismiss it and I suspect it will have some great sounds in there. Not enough to sway me away but also a contender for future users...just my prediction

• i don't know if this is the right place to put this thread but im going to anyway.

since the kemper eq doesn't react like the real amp eq that was profiled,

does the QC does?

couldn't find an answer when googled it.

• V8guitar  GearJocke

I will be more than happy to post my thoughts but be warned I'm just a hobbyist with a taste for musical equipment that exceeds my income:)

I have a had a good 6 weeks with the Helix and I've had a Kemper for a while and play it pretty much every night. Tonally, I can generate my own opinion so I should be of some use.

I love my Kab/Kone setup and now I'm thinking what jamming/live setup to go with if the QC is great. I'd have to buy a powered Cab or carry separate power amp. I don't want the headache but at the same time, I do. The features that interest me most are Modelling/captures, pedal captures, multiple instruments and USB audio.

I wish I could keep the Kemper and QC!

• Be nice to hear some quality clean to break up sounds or some Vox sounds straight off the bat.

This is what I am always wanting to hear, and what I judge modelers by. Lovers of high gain swear that it is harder to mimic those tones, but I have quickly dismissed some choices based on their anemic or phoned-in clean to light break up tones. It seems to be the place where many just jump past, but it is the foundation for me.

• Unless their process requires the manipulation of each knob and switch on the amp AND moving/switching them into all possible configurations, there is no practical way to do it. Sometimes (most of the time?) the knobs interact. So the only way to capture that with any level of accuracy would be to sample the changes. All possible changes.

I'll go with a resounding 'no'. One, because of the difficulty associated, and two - if they were emulating the knobs and switches, their marketing copy would be screaming about it left, right and center. That would be an enormous achievement worthy of great praise.

As it is - they tout how powerful it is over just about everything else. Not a good sign when how it sounds is far more relevant than how much horsepower it has.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• It will be interesting!

• i don't know if this is the right place to put this thread but im going to anyway.

does the QC does?

oh man .. so far this device is still not available.

what a hype.

buy that stuff and send it back if it's no good.

this is already the second thread on this topic.

please visit the forum other gear or ask the vendor.

Other Gear

Be the force with you ;)

• I'm chuckling at the fact we went from does this digital sound and feel the same or as good as the real thing to, does this digital sound and feel the same, as good, or better than this digital sound. Irony knows no bounds and I think it's worth at least a small smirk and a slow clap.

• you don't feel it's disrespectful to CK to bring this up here?

there's a lot of hype and shilling going on ...

If anything, he trust us more than neural and that is nice. And also, he has a point, I dont trust any company which markets their products with fancy talk and buzzwords like the bizzillion things neural has in his brochure. But totally right from Yoda, this is not the right place to discuss.

The answer is 42

• I like that this is trying to cover all bases ie. modelling, multi effects and (ahem) profiling. However I suspect that like most jack of all trades it will end up being the master of none.

• Well, such can happen if you create a corner with "other gear", dear Kemper team, no wonder. I would say the conversation was cool but, yes, enough is enough.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

does the QC does?

I would say no, unless moving the eq knobs is part of the profiling how would the unit capture this? (unless it has a database of amp eq dials!) I actually remember hearing the kemper was possibly going to do that at one point via a database?

People buy the "axe-fx reacts identical to the real amp knobs" which was obviously a move to uncut the competition with next to zero demonstrations....