Neural Quad Cortex

• Personally I think it will be a great unit, but I am not a fan of the waiting list approach.

My name came up for an FM3. You feel second class already, as North Amercia is prioritised. Then the problem is that after waiting so long, they gave me a date in January that came after Brexit. Now there all sorts of uncertainty about imports.

I just prefer that a product is available and anyone can order with a reasonable wait.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• ... 619 posts and almost 1 year later I think I will prepare a birthday cake from the same "hot air" this product has been made of so far.

You can pre-order a slice now, the cake will be made with the latest technology and Quad layers of hot air Cream

we will find out sooner or later,,

• I pre ordered one. I see it as a combination of modeler and captor device. Two things I wish I always had in one unit. Gives you the best of both worlds for which now I don't need 2 separate (expensive) units. The interface is what won me over. Simple and easy to use and there are still knobs to turn. One thing I never liked about the Helix UI was the slider bars. Taking a chance on this based on the quality of their plugins.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Kemper and my '78 Marshall plexi profiles.

• I work in the music industry. I got to take home a Quad Cortex in the fall before the units were fully baked. The software was super beta and there were no presets on the unit, but I'm convinced it's going to be the real deal if Neural can iron out the production kinks. Surprisingly, the high-gain tones didn't do much for me (again, total pre-release). But what floored me was the mid-gain AC30 model with Alnico Blues. It definitely delivered something I haven't found in thousands of Kemper profiles — sort of a midrange forwardness and response speed that I don't think I've heard in any other modeler.

Then there's the ability to use full-length IRs (which have come a long way in the last 9 years since they Kemper's debut), stereo rigs and cabs, the reduced form factor, and the freedom to work untethered from a computer. I'm waiting on the official launch, but I have little doubt it's going to be able to deliver on 90% of its promises.

My wife DID point out that she'll miss the look of my Kemper (she calls it my spaceship) if I trade up. Those of you who pre-ordered, I think your patience will be rewarded.

• I have one coming as well and your optimism/review is good to hear.

I still love my Kemper and I may end up keeping it. We’ll see. If the sound of the QC just doesn’t measure up, back it goes.

But the size and that UI...man, if Kemper had done something like that with the Stage I would own one.

• dB Cooper Your experience with the high gain tones is disappointing, although the EVH demo already I heard was quite good. I guess capture will cover most things if there's a question over the modelling side.

I don't really consider the big screen access on any modeller to be anything more than a pretty display with editors available. Kemper was always the easiest to make adjustments from the front panel, although who makes in depth edits at a show.

Does anyone have a list of all the IR lengths supported on each Modelling platform?

Karl

• dB Cooper Your experience with the high gain tones is disappointing, although the EVH demo already I heard was quite good.

The high-gain tones I've heard in recent demos have been quite good.

Does anyone have a list of all the IR lengths supported on each Modelling platform?

Helix supports mono IRs up to 46ms (2,048 samples). Iridium supports stereo IRs up to 500ms. Kemper does some crazy computational work to convert IRs into EQ curves.

I don't know exact specs, but given Neural's user base and their partnership with ML Sound Lab, I have to imagine their third-party support will be at least as good as Iridium's.

• I'm keeping my Kemper along with the Quad Cortex after lots of deliberation. I have lots of guitars, Amps and effects(also multiple variations of the same effects). Why not have two Digital Amps/devices? I've always replaced my existing modeller but this time I think the sound and feel will be different but maybe not necessarily better.

I love the live setup through the Kemper Kabinet/Kone, which I'd normally using a few times a month. I'd have the QC as my home playing and recording device(USB) - silent and studio monitors. This means that I don't have to setup my toaster, remote and interface - my kids are destroying my equipment so I pack everything away.

This may be a luxurious setup for a home player but I'm thinking "why not' I still have a £1500 Strat in the loft which is lonely. Main point - I think it may be OK for me to own multiple digital devices. I'm also happy to review this idea once I've experienced the QC.

• there will always come new products, better? I don't know. For me the search is over, i spend so much time to get the right profiles to sound best for my ears. Now it's time to play and consentrate of become better as a player?

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• Surprisingly, the high-gain tones didn't do much for me (again, total pre-release). But what floored me was the mid-gain AC30 model with Alnico Blues. It definitely delivered something I haven't found in thousands of Kemper profiles — sort of a midrange forwardness and response speed that I don't think I've heard in any other modeler.

I also "haven't found" what you describe in several thousand kemper profiles..but I found some,very few profiles who have "this" thing you describe.Now with the new drives I even found my peace with OD pedals.

And yes..we older we get ..the less gain we like/need..

A good modeler should be able to create great stuff in the breakup/low-mid-gain,harmonic mid freq content..there is the "voicing"..

You made me even more curious about the qc.A good Vox mid gain type of sound is hard to find.But again..I have two wonderful matchless mid gain profiles I still use after years day by day.Never heard anything close anywhere not even with "real rigs".

To bad most qc demos are high gain,scooped chugging orgies.Till yet.

• You made me even more curious about the qc.A good Vox mid gain type of sound is hard to find.But again..I have two wonderful matchless mid gain profiles I still use after years day by day.Never heard anything close anywhere not even with "real rigs".

To bad most qc demos are high gain,scooped chugging orgies.Till yet.

I used to use Guitar Rig 5 for my digital modelling but was never happy with it. Then I got a Two Notes Torpedo and used it with my real amps. This was much better but still not ideal. The problem was I could get a good super clean or high gain sound but those mid gain or edge of breakup sounds were never right for my ears and they didn’t have the right feel.

When I tried the Kemper I was immediately impressed (and sold on it) by the fact that it was so good at the mid gain stuff and responded to the guitar volume and puck dynamics like a real amp in a way nothing I had tried before even came close to.

• When I tried the Kemper I was immediately impressed (and sold on it) by the fact that it was so good at the mid gain stuff and responded to the guitar volume and puck dynamics like a real amp in a way nothing I had tried before even came close to.

Absolutely my friend..

We live now in a time in which Knopfler chooses a modeler for playing on the road.This is reality.No joke.

The profiler has won the "hearts and minds" of to many relevant musicians.Because of a great sound but also because of its genius "simplicity" which still is the closest thing to a real rig just x1000..

As I said before..for any new tool to steal this "status" ...long way to go..

• Because of a great sound but also because of its genius "simplicity" which still is the closest thing to a real rig just x1000..

yes, the other thing that made me go for the Toaster was the amp like simplicity. I spent a good deal of time A/B testing with the Helix but complexity and the touch screen computer game interface of the Helix was a real turn off.

• I'm looking forward to test a qc eventually in a music shop. But will I buy one? I don't think so. The kemper gives me all I need. I'd rather buy another guitar instead.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• All modellers rely heavily on internet demos and other people's opinion, because a music shop test will never be long enough to assess the QC complexity.

Kemper and a backup HX Stomp have everything covered for me, but tone-chasing always makes you wonder if the next unit is the secret to a perfect sound. And that is the dilemma of most guitarists tempted by new gear!

Karl

• Kemper cured me of the endless tone search,, I thing I loved about my guitar heroes, was after 2-3 notes,, I knew it was them playing.,, they had a voice,, kemper has given me my voice, for better or worse, 7 years with the same basic tones, I'm still gassed every time I turn it on,,

For some ,, its the gear,,, I get that, , but for me, its always been about making music and writing tunes, because,, that's what my heroes did,I bought their records and that inspired me,,so,,, another 1500 bucks??? I dont think so,,esp after going thru the helix, fractal, head rush, Moore,NUX, Red Truck,,I could go on,,,I've taken the Kemper Cure,,,it works,,I get a new amp every morning, with my coffee,,for free,,,,,( except for guitars, still cant help myself)

I never been happier with a purchase,,and, I now have a great guitar collection, because i have STOPPED losing money buying amps,,,and then selling,,I wont buy one,till they hit the used market in a few years,,,You guys will surely let us all know how it sounds and works..cant wait to see some real side by side,,vids,

• I'm excited to hear the feedback on the QC...not because I intend to get one but because new competition will just continue to raise the bar.

I'm grateful we have early adopters willing to part with their cash to give us their views.

As many have said, its going to have to be damn good for me to replace my KPA because that bar is already very high.

Now, next guitar purchase.....hmmm....I fancy an N4...

• All modellers rely heavily on internet demos and other people's opinion, because a music shop test will never be long enough to assess the QC complexity.

Kemper and a backup HX Stomp have everything covered for me, but tone-chasing always makes you wonder if the next unit is the secret to a perfect sound. And that is the dilemma of most guitarists tempted by new gear!

Agree but a 10-15 min test in a guitar shop will be enough to try for me. :)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Agree but a 10-15 min test in a guitar shop will be enough to try for me. :)

I've always struggled with any test in a guitar shop so I've always bought on recommendation/research. I bought most of my valve amps like this and if I'd tried them probably not bought them because it took me time to get used to the sound.

I think this is probably even more true for digital equipment because dialling in sounds can take time ( ironically the KPA could be the exception to this as I'd argue its been the most plug and play compared to other units but even then we know how different profiles can sound).

What I'm really saying is I don;t have as much faith in my ears as you :)...can you come with me when I next buy an amp ha!