Neural Quad Cortex

• If it is a modelled AC30 then, yes, it passed the test. Even if it is a capture is sounds pleasing and full to me (admittedly in this case only through the spakers of my phone :D).

(...man, this thread has the strongest legs in history...)

I actually thought it paled in comparison to the recording he played at the beginning of the clip. It sounded ok to me, nothing more.

• I actually thought it paled in comparison to the recording he played at the beginning of the clip. It sounded ok to me, nothing more.

I immediately felt like they were basically per se identical tones - with the first one having much more brightness or highs or going through different speakers or simply using different eqs... :/. Of course I can be totally wrong without testing it myself. Telling goodness or badbess just through phone speakers is nonsense, of course. Cannot wait to hear more examples.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• As a live-Player the only thing I'm interested in with the QC is it's behavior when cranking a given profile/rig/sound (or what it's called) to gig-level.

If it will "compensate" the Fletcher-Munson-Effect "automatically" (so that no tweaks have to be made, which btw. I don't expect ) I probably would buy it without hesitation.

The profiler is able to sound awesome even on gig-level (don't get me wrong), but it needs a lot of time-consuming tweaks. This is the only aspect of improvement I see for the Profiler.

For just studio-work the QC never would be an option for me. The profiler with it's corresponding giant "profile-market" doesn't leave any wishes open for me.

• I immediately felt like they were basically per se identical tones - with the first one having much more brightness or highs or going through different speakers or simply using different eqs... :/. Of course I can be totally wrong without testing it myself. Telling goodness or badbess just through phone speakers is nonsense, of course. Cannot wait to hear more examples.

True about the phone, but you could already tell that the sounds weren't particularly close.

• The profiler is able to sound awesome even on gig-level (don't get me wrong), but it needs a lot of time-consuming tweaks. This is the only aspect of improvement I see for the Profiler.

For just studio-work the QC never would be an option for me. The profiler with it's corresponding giant "profile-market" doesn't leave any wishes open for me.

Being honest this was also my first reaction when playing with the kemper, UNTIL I found commercial profiles that are more suited for live, as tone junkies and michael britt. I find myself only tweaking the 3 band eq + presence, which is what I do with a normal amp.

I am still wondering how the capture market will develop, I see most commercial profile makers taking the leap early on, as we all want some juicy Top Jimmy sounds on a brand new platforms. Something still tells me that the capture feature is an aftertought and might not be fully developed on launch, we will see.

The answer is 42

• I'm wondering (somewhat sarcastically) is what will it will it sound like to profile a QC on a Kemper and vice versa to profile a Kemper on a QC?

There will be qc profiles on RE eventually. :)

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I'm wondering (somewhat sarcastically) is what will it will it sound like to profile a QC on a Kemper and vice versa to profile a Kemper on a QC?

We have katana profiles, we even have some archetype plini ones, so its just matter of time.

The answer is 42

Edited once, last by Alfahdj ().

• If it will "compensate" the Fletcher-Munson-Effect "automatically" (so that no tweaks have to be made, which btw. I don't expect ) I probably would buy it without hesitation.

The profiler is able to sound awesome even on gig-level (don't get me wrong), but it needs a lot of time-consuming tweaks. This is the only aspect of improvement I see for the Profiler.

That's not going to happen.

It isn't really possible as the issue is our ear rather than the technology.

Such a feature would automatically apply EQ adjustments across the full frequency range as volume increases or decreases. Imagine setting a sound at 60db then playing it at 100db. Our ears will hear these differently due to the equal loudness curves that you mentioned. However, the QC (or any other device) won't know the level you were using when you made the tweaks to achieve your ideal sound. And it won't know the exact volume you are playing at later on in order to apply the EQ adjustments. Even a device like the powered KPA which could monitor the output of the amp still wouldn't know the real level in the the room as speaker sensitivity variations will have an effect. A device without a built in amp would find it even more difficult to figure out what you want it to do. I suppose it migh be possible if the unit had a built in dB meter with a good quality full frequency test mic and the unit was designed to be placed exactly where the user's ears are but I don't think that is a feature we are going to see anytime soon.

• ... and background noise levels play a role too 'cause they can affect (especially) bass and treble perception as well.

So, if there were a built-in mic and the software could determine both playback and background levels, as well as the quality (frequency distribution) of the latter, it should theoretically be possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Fluff just released a massive 85-minute liveplay!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• True about the phone, but you could already tell that the sounds weren't particularly close.

They were very close in my opinion.

I’m pretty sure he was comparing a real AC30 recording with a modeled AC30. I don’t think it was a capture of his own AC30.

I heard about as much difference as I hear when I compare my real Pro Reverb with some Pro Reverb profiles I have.

Regardless of whether or not it sounded exact, it was an excellent AC30 sound, and a very good sound overall.

• Fluff just released a massive 85-minute liveplay!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Unfortunately those sounds are not even close to anything I’d ever use.

• You're not really interested but still you're interested enough to know when?^^ Well one reason it's been delayed is so obvious if you didn't sleep thru the whole 2020.

Right... I’m not interested in owning one (perfectly happy with my Kemper, Mesa, Marshall and Fender amps), but I do like to follow new equipment trends. Sorry you seem to have a problem with that.

On the delay, Sweetwater was planned to have them available in November, and that date was announced well into the C19 timeframe. Lots of companies (mine included) produced goods throughout C19... so the delay was not universal, and yes, I work in Healthcare.

Thank you for your sincere and informational response though....:/

• There are only two guys out there I trust for gear reviews "on internet":Pete Thorn & Phil X.

To bad the latter loathes modelers.So I am waiting for the Pete Thorn review..

PS

I am 100% sure this quad cortex can sound better than these awful boss style sounds in this 90 minutes video.