Neural Quad Cortex

• There are only two guys out there I trust for gear reviews "on internet":Pete Thorn & Phil X.

To bad the latter loathes modelers.So I am waiting for the Pete Thorn review..

PS

I am 100% sure this quad cortex can sound better than these awful boss style sounds in this 90 minutes video.

I don't really trust them, I'd trust the people on here more EVEN with their KPA bias :)

• The only one I trust is...drumroll....myself and my ears. If like something,I don't care if the rest of the world don't.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I don't really trust them,

I believe they belong both to this group of " music internet celebrities" who care a lot about their reputation.

And me personally..I like this "I know it can be over any day" attitude and this untold gratefulness about the fact they can live a good life a musicians right now playing with the biggest remaining rock acts.Both have this vibe.Integrity.This is not an easy thing to find these days.

Do they earn a dime with doing these reviews..yeah sure..they better do..

But I really believe they do good reviews,always knowing they can lose their reputation if they are not honest.

• Its the same as andertons "review", they want to sell, its been a long time since a guitar novelty as this one has appeared, so their work is to say it is the most awesome piece of gear since bread was invented. The same with a lot of youtube reviewers. I am actually more interested on professionals that are not affraid to bash the gear on their faults, instead of overpraising their qualyties. Take a kemper and bash it for its (in the beginning) low quality of FX, take the Helix and bash it for its low quality IRs, take the Axe and bash it for its interface, and all that is something I can agree with. Every gear has a faults.

The answer is 42

• I shun everything from Andertons. They make everything sound so bad. Doesn't matter if it's a guitar, amp, kemper, helix etc. Even their farts must sound bad.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• When I was looking into digital (long long time tube amp fan), I read tons of reviews on both the Axe and the Kemper (and a bunch of lesser boxes).

What I looked for is what the guitarist was playing on BEFORE they bought the Kemper/Axe/other.

If they were used to jamming on an old carvin solid state or (God forbid) a Line 6 amp, then of course the new thing they bought sounded great to them.

I focused on the guys that had high end boutique amps and gave them up for the Kemper/Axe. Their opinions were the most valuable.

Me, I gave up a VHT UL, a 4x12 VHT slant cab with P90 speakers, and a 2x12 fat bottom VHT cab (and one big ass pedal board) for my Kemper. I thought that the youtube vids were great and all, but really it came down to the number of tube amp players (of really good tube amps) that were praising the KPA.

I'll wait to hear from these people (or go play it myself) before I make up my mind :)

• Ultimately it will come down to how it plays in your hands. The Kemper has that feel in spades with the right profile and it is that which sets it apart from everything else I tried over the years.

• Did I miss something?

I mean how many players out there failed during endless blindtest on stage and in recording studios to get the difference between their original rig and the kemper profile ??

How much "better" can things get?

I guess a lots of guys will be disappointed about the fact that the quad cortex (or any other new modeler) will not change our biological limits and the "construction" of our ears and how we perceive sound under various conditions.

Edited once, last by Nikos ().

• If the Kemper Stage had been this way, I would own one.

As much as I love my Kemper I have grown tired of the interface, even with the desktop editor.

Yes. I was looking for the Stage to be more portable, but I guess that wasn't the point of the product. I don't care about the interface or colour touch screen, but a full powered unit that can easily be carried in hand luggage would be brilliant.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I was being a bit tongue in cheek. In reality its not a single review that I listen to but its multiple views that get you interested. Lots of people on here that over the years I've come to listen to and respect so its always a balance but hence why I'm just keen to hear peoples views.

I don;t know much about Pete Thorn but the little I've seen I wasn't massively impressed BUT I know his reputation and the respect he has so not looking to challenge that - just because I don;t follow him means he doesn't carry much weight for me personally.

I hadn't even played a KPA when I bought it because its so difficult in music shops to explore then or hear in context so for me its weight of multiple opinions.

I actually don't even trust my own ears so I'm stuffed anyway :)

• Alienator

I don't know..if Kemper ever does such a form factor I would like to be it a modular kind of thing for all the guys who already have a rack or a toaster and just need something "to go" without to carry their rack to a rehearsal or a jam/tiny stage gig.

V8guitar

I also don't t trust my ears.I know my daily form of hearing depends on many,many things I can't control.

As for Pete Thorn..yes,he is not "impressive" but nevertheless he is a "team player for the top acts" and much respected as such.A great guitar player.A lots of experience (main reason why he "gets the jobs") and most of all this kind of "nice guy to get along during a tour" and no "I want my solo spot before the drum solo"-kind of diva.Some call this professional. I would agree with this.You can say the same about PhilX I guess..and it seems they have a great collaboration kind of thing going on with many other good musicians(Tim Pierce,Beato,Vai,Satriani) which is much needed imo..