Neural Quad Cortex

• Well, I think you are answering yourself. I guess that you will only find what you seek in real amps if you have the opportunity to play them without killing neighbours and don't have to carry them around to gigs. My own tube amps have become furniture. As for live for me it is all about the show. I want the best sound for the audience, I can very much live with what I get from my monitors. And here comes in the Kemper with its reliability and indistinguishable sound to my precious vintage amps.

As for live for me it is all about the show - I can relate. Live show is where emotions play. You see audience happy, you care less about harmonic richness of tube sound. But I still learn and having inspirational sound helps so much.

But I guess you learnt on tube amps - can you find in tube amps, what Kemper and Kone doesn't give you? Or maybe you don't care that much, because you care more about playing live? (if you know what I mean...)

• But I guess you learnt on tube amps - can you find in tube amps, what Kemper and Kone doesn't give you? Or maybe you don't care that much, because you care more about playing live? (if you know what I mean...)

All I can say is that I still own a Mesa Studio .22 combo, Mark V:25 head, 2 Channel Dual Rectifier, Triaxis, 2;ninety power amp, THD BiValve (built in hot plate attenuator), a pair of Mesa Thiele 1x12 EVM12L cabinets and a Rectifier Horizontal 2x12, a Two Notes Torpedo Reload attenuator/loadbox/reamping device with Wall of Sound IR loader. They are all gathering dust as I only ever use the Kemper now.

• All I can say is that I still own a Mesa Studio .22 combo, Mark V:25 head, 2 Channel Dual Rectifier, Triaxis, 2;ninety power amp, THD BiValve (built in hot plate attenuator), a pair of Mesa Thiele 1x12 EVM12L cabinets and a Rectifier Horizontal 2x12, a Two Notes Torpedo Reload attenuator/loadbox/reamping device with Wall of Sound IR loader. They are all gathering dust as I only ever use the Kemper now.

You chose kemper because of convienece of almost the same sound and feel as your tube amps (or both)?

DO you get the same amp in the room with Kemper + pwramp + Kone/Kabinet as with the real thing? Or it just sounds good? Or you don't care after all these years?

• I use a Atomic CLR with my Kemper(I could never get past the hollow plastic tone of the yamahas and a few others)

I’ve sold all my amps, except my Egnater IE4 preamp and PV 50-50 power amp

I just gig with my Kemper

Yes - I'm aware that gigwise Kemper wins as you don't care that much about sound and feel as for live experience.

Yes, Yamaha is hollow plastic, although has been reccomended here many tiimes. It can be sometimes acceptable with good profile.

Thanks for opinion.

• I know we're off topic, but if you're truly trying to emulate the amp in the room sound of your favourite tube amps, then how can you expect to emulate them playing through a plastic enclosure or 10kg of mdf? It's never going to sound like 35kg of plywood, obviously.

Don't discount the effect the cab you're playing through makes to your overall sound. It's just as important as your amplifier or speaker selection, otherwise you're making apple and avocado comparisons

• Well let’s get back to the QC:)

I’m excited about it even though I completely love my Kemper.
    I don’t know if it’s going to be as good, but it’s different.
    A different form factor, a different take on editing etc, and I’m hoping great sounds.
    Why get one? Same reason I’d get another amp or pedal. I don’t really think it’ll beat the Kemper but it’s not about that.
    Earlier in the thread someone called it ‘another toy’ and that’s true, but I’d rather see it as ‘another tool’.
    Im also quite interested in the fact it could possibly do for an entire band with the ability to have 4 instruments routed through it at one time ( or is it three:)

There’s also the possibility of putting your mic through it with a promise (how loose a one I don’t know) of vocal effects being added.

As I said, just interesting:)

• I know we're off topic, but if you're truly trying to emulate the amp in the room sound of your favourite tube amps, then how can you expect to emulate them playing through a plastic enclosure or 10kg of mdf? It's never going to sound like 35kg of plywood, obviously.

Don't discount the effect the cab you're playing through makes to your overall sound. It's just as important as your amplifier or speaker selection, otherwise you're making apple and avocado comparisons

I don't have my favourite tube amps, because I've never played over. Thank you.

• You chose kemper because of convienece of almost the same sound and feel as your tube amps (or both)?

DO you get the same amp in the room with Kemper + pwramp + Kone/Kabinet as with the real thing? Or it just sounds good? Or you don't care after all these years?

I know were off topic so I’ll keep this reply short.

i actually prefer the sound of the Kemper over my valve amps in most cases.

• I don't even remember how many times in the last 30 years I carried a ton of heads,combos,cabs,19",a/b switches,footcontrollers to a "important" gig only to ditch the 19" fx and half a dozen pedals/controllers because of "this or that" problem..

Now..when we talk about today's situation where you cant even turn up your tube rigs colume anymore (if the stage is big enough to start with) and soon..the glorious post covid era of music..

Give me my modeler..please..

• I know were off topic so I’ll keep this reply short.

i actually prefer the sound of the Kemper over my valve amps in most cases.

Me too Alan. The only place I use my real amps now is in a studio recording, and that is not a given.

Quad Cortex looks interesting like every new toy for me as a guitarist. Apart from another £1,500, the idea of programming my live setup again is a slight put off though.

I did satisfy the modeller itch in the last year by getting The Stomp for a backup though and thoroughly enjoy the simplicity and portability.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited 2 times, last by Alienator ().

• And here Pete Thorn with some autowah-effect:

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• Interesting.....

From a non pedal guy ( and this has reminded me why I don;t like pedals - none of the real pedals to me sounded amazing), this is a cool feature and I can imagine will appeal to many users.

Can I hear a difference? Yes but is it very small and you can probably dial it in even closer. I actually preferred the the Quad in some cases anyway!

I assume ( sure I've ever heard it confirmed) that the KPA can profile pedals in a similar way ( or with some changes to the profiling process) BUT not much point because it can;t run 2 profiles at once and therefore little point going down that route as virtually no one would use a pedal without an amp?

Its not enough to sway me away from KPA but should be a strong contender in the market!

• Pedal profiling is pretty cool

From what I understood , multipath could even allow to use my kemper Kone with imprints , you just have to profile your miked Kone with your favorite imprint, then send one of the outs of the Quad to power amp & Kone , as far as this output bypasses the quad cab.

Then plan some Vocal preamps & fx as well , that could be a fully portable solution for recording on the move when visiting musicans & friends, that's a killer feature.

I'm definitely interested in demos from kemper users here , so let us know !

• And here Pete Thorn with some autowah-effect:

External Content www.instagram.com

Does he have a pitch shift on there as well? Sounds pretty good.