Neural Quad Cortex

• I guess if you invest that much time on videos, there has to be some pay off. It is a difficult area and you have to read between the lines and make your own judgement from the sounds of many reviews.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• That Tom Quayle dude, who also had the "Includes paid promotion", he used more adjectives to describe the unit than are contained in a dictionary, I thought it was Steve Jobs back from the dead selling the latest iPhone. Seriously listen to it. ?

• I guess if you invest that much time on videos, there has to be some pay off. It is a difficult area and you have to read between the lines and make your own judgement from the sounds of many reviews.

Point being, they should be honest and straight upfront and not leave it to some small text at the bottom left of the video .

• I’m excited by it. Looking forward to capturing my analogman Beano boost and KTR Klon ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Check Tube Screamer capture and more.

• However, when comparing with the Profiler in the videos, they have obviously forgotten to do the usual bit of Profile Refining with their guitar.

This seems to be unnoticed so far, even among Profiler players that have watched the videos.

As I said earlier

The KPA does sound a little muffled and muddy in the low mids but I’m sure that could have been fixed with some refining and or tweaking definition/eq etc. ..........

............i did notice though that Rhett said the signal chain included a Fairchild compressor emulation in Luna. Kemper is pretty explicit in stating that compression shouldn’t be used when profiling so that may have contributed to the KPA profile’s slightly muffled tone.

can I get s gold star and Kemper forum member of the month certificate ?

• At the beginning of each of the videos, it says "Includes paid promotion". So basically they did get paid. Yes including Pete Thorne.

In PTs case this does not mean that he does not a honest review.His review is "tough" on this product if you "read between the lines"..or how else I should understand lines like "the qc capture has less gain than the original"..?This is tough.I remember issues like that with the KPA.. we only had in the trouble shoot out threads.Same with words like "3db less volume" and other stuff.This is not what we heard about the quad cortex and "how easy it is to get your capture" ..

It is a good honest review.

• I have explained why paying someone to review your product is not the same as giving that product to a reviewer for an unbiased review. If you are easily swayed by promotional videos, more power to you Nikos...

• I just dont expect to meet to many saints in my life.Thats all.Pete is as honest as he should be.

I dont see here any "credibility problem".Dude needs to pay his rent.As we all do..

• And Rhett definitely affected the signal by having a compressor in the signal chain and that most definitely affected the Profile in a negative way lol. But even with that compressor basically ruining the Profile, the KPA still put out a pretty close and natural sounding Profile compared to the seemingly harsh Neural Capture. That alone says a lot about the KPAs Profiling capabilities!

Yes, I'd even say it's an epic fail as an influencer to leave the compressor in the chain while profiling with the Kemper. It’s user error. And it’s embarrassing.

• interesting comparison from Rhett. Listening to the WAV files i think there are clear differences between all three. The KPA does sound a little muffled and muddy in the low mids but I’m sure that could have been fixed with some refining and or tweaking definition/eq etc. The amp sounded great. To my tired old ears the QC had way more top end than the real amp. Much more country snap on the last chicken pickin lick for example. It seemed to “polish” the sound in a more “produced” fashion than the raw amp. That may or may not be a good thing depending on what you are after but it isn’t any more accurate than the Kemper. To me the QC version was too bright and spikey but that is only personal taste.

i did notice though that Rhett said the signal chain included a Fairchild compressor emulation in Luna. Kemper is pretty explicit in stating that compression shouldn’t be used when profiling so that may have contributed to the KPA profile’s slightly muffled tone.

Edited 2 times, last by HamerJo: All has been said already ().

• We can debate about the tone and eq. But a big selling point is form factor and simple to use and touch screen like iphone.

If the tones are good enough and the weigh only 1.95KG/4.2lbs