Neural Quad Cortex

• We encourage users to profile distortion pedals along with their amps and decide by the result, as as good number of pedals work perfect.

However, if the guitar world has moved that far to the forgiving side since then, we could easily publish distortion pedal profiling on said quality level and yield. Still this would not be consistent with my business ethics.

+1

Maybe something that could be added in a Beta so people might try various pedals and report on quality?

Would be cool to see how close they might be.

• First, the high frequecies are really off in most kf the comparisons, as if a very far presence knob is tweaked in the capture, second there are no options to tweak the result, you got only bass mid treble and gain. To me it sounds fine, but pretty uncooked. I am not into modeling anymore, so thanks no thanks, but if anything, I bet ckemper has got some really nice ideas to where can this go. And that is good for all of us.

The answer is 42

• The bad sound was 100% user error on Fluff’s part.

I usually don't bash anybody but Fluff makes everything sounds so bad. Worst tone ever no matter what he use. He and Andertons..:pinch::thumbdown:

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I usually don't bash anybody but Fluff makes everything sounds so bad. Worst tone ever no matter what he use. He and Andertons..:pinch::thumbdown:

Really?How did he become an gear influencer on internet?

Until mid 90s shortly before internet killed all the music/gear magazines the reviewers working there had to be some recognized musicians belonging at least to some anonymous wrecking crew playing on albums for the bigger acts.Things have changed.Obviously.

• I wonder if the foot switches on the Quad Cortex can be operated well by feet. They look like they are very close to each other. That may be okay in the studio. But live?

The increased distance between the Kemper Remote and the Kemper Stage I already found very pleasant.

• Another head-to-head with the Kemper by Rabea. It's close on the clean, but he prefers the QC for clean and high gain in tone and feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlvrBs41WDk

In my opinion in High Gain part QC wins in the low region and lack of cocked wah sound(which we often complained about).

Clean sounds are good in both devices.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• What does Rabea mean when he says he does no refining with the kemper because the quad cortex does not have this function?

He is a nice guy.But everything has limits.And this qc show of some reviewers becomes ridiculous.This Doug guy from neural should be aware of this.

Instead of this show the neural guys should start to address to the "less gain,less hf content than the source" issue which will become an issue soon when people start to receive their serial qc..and hype alone will not save it..

Anyway.I have seen enough.

• I appreciate Rabea putting this up. He's setting himself up as a target. He explained everything thoroughly of what he did and his rationale for doing so. People need to take these videos less literally. Throughout the video he tries to disclaim that it was just for fun. Both sound good and could be fine tuned. Perhaps the Kemper would have had more feel if he refined it but he explained why he didn't. Bottom line, it looks like a great new product from Neural and may fuel CK to get a Kemper 2 out with a better UI. I think to be totally fair Rabea should follow up with another test with the Kemper refined. I posted as such on his youtube video.

• The QC capture process is four to five minutes long.

The Kemper capture process is one minute and the you refine for thirty seconds.

This is how the process is recommended to work on both and Rabea should have followed both exactly.

• Haaa! The video is offline!

Victory :D!

No hard feelings, Rabea, you are an absolute great guy, sorry, not trying to ridicule you but you had to expect this....

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• No refining, no comparison. Period.

He's already taken it down (Private video) There were a few comments about no refining.

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me