Neural Quad Cortex

• And in the thread on TGP, a Kemper Forum Moderator (who I will not name) has been spreading rumors, with no proof, the the reason for the QC delay is that they are likely being sued by Kemper.

Is that cool?

Just move on. No need to demand that this thread be closed. I get that you’re very attached to your Kemper and a bit defensive (this is obvious) but if Kemper starts closing forum threads they don’t like, this community will quickly get labeled as just another version of the Fractal forum, and we will deserve it.

You're completely in error, man. The person you refer to is rburkard on TGP and HE IS NOT A KEMPER MODERATOR.

It’s YOU who should stop spreading rumors.

It gets nasty.

• This thread is a better advert for The Gear Page than the QC - I'd not really bothered looking there before.

Entertaining....

PS has anyone ever seen Doug Castro and Steven Slate in the same room? 8o

• Nikos Please stop your "Mark Knopfler, Mark Knopfler, Mark Knopfler..." thing :D

Or I start my Paul Landers thing: Paul Landers is no idiot, that is why he is still using his Sansamp GT-2. Steve Hackett is still using the Sansamp GT-2 too! They could not be wrong ;)

And don't demand this thread to be closed. Just leave and ignore it. Problem solved for you.

Two things here..

1.I don't demand.I propose.

2.I don't need parental advice.I am old enough.Thank you.

And in the thread on TGP, a Kemper Forum Moderator (who I will not name) has been spreading rumors, with no proof, the the reason for the QC delay is that they are likely being sued by Kemper.

Is that cool?

Just move on. No need to demand that this thread be closed. I get that you’re very attached to your Kemper and a bit defensive (this is obvious) but if Kemper starts closing forum threads they don’t like, this community will quickly get labeled as just another version of the Fractal forum, and we will deserve it.

Look man...this gets to far..

As Ingolf said...you are claiming completely false accusations.Things like this are the reason I "demand" for this thread to be closed.It makes US ALL look stupid!

This thread should have been closed hours ago.

Edited once, last by Nikos ().

• You're completely in error, man. The person you refer to is rburkard on TGP and HE IS NOT A KEMPER MODERATOR.

It’s YOU who should stop spreading rumors.

It gets nasty.

I’m sorry...you are 100% correct.

https://www.kemper-amps.com/wb….php?user/22871-burkhard/

The names are so similar that I just mistook them for being the same.

My humble and heartfelt apologies to all the Burkhards, Burkards, and everyone else.

There was no intention to spread any rumors. I am not that kind of person. Just an honest mistake.

I’ll take a timeout now.

Peace all.

• ,,,, , ,,,,,,,,??,,,,,,,?,,,,,,, z,, ,,? , ?, ,

the cocked wah issue has been around a long time. Just Google it. There are many kemper forum threads on it dating back 8+ years and it is there.

I would describe it as an eq difference that's all.

It would be nice if the guitar wasn't part of the equation for the profiling. Some sort of loopback device you plug in would be better that doesn't take into account the guitar being used.

The guitar is not part of the profiler equation. That means that the choice of the guitar does not affect the profiling result.

Refining is all about treating the reference amp with authentic playing dynamics.

I took some 30 minutes of to search for "cocked wah" in Google and in this forum, related to profiling.

In this time I only found one quote by Google, where a user profiled a modeling amp (Search words: "Kemper Profiler Cocked Wah")

And one quote on our forum of a user profling the Marshall JMP-1. The profile failed. The JMP-1 is resistive to profiling, as mentioned before.

However I have found numerous quotes of users criticising cocked wah characters in profiles (commercial profiles as well), without having participated in the profiling and A/B comparison.

Cocked wah characters in certain profiles are purposely created by its maker, to create a distinctive sound and make it cut through the mix.

If somebody does not like these sounds, then this is a cultural issue and simply a matter of taste. There is enough profiles that sound different.

It's not a technical topic.

There is a lot of means for creating a cocked wah character, to cut through the mix:

- Play a single coil PU, preferably bridge

- Overdrive pedals, preferably the Klon at high gain

- The Slim Down control in the Kemper Drive

- The Profilers Lead Booster

- The Metal Zone distortion

• The thing that makes me laugh about this.. All the videos with blind tests over the years being barely, if at all to distinguish a real amp from a profile and now along comes the new kid and they're all pointing out the 'obvious' differences. I'll stay clear of these 'social influencers'.. my wallet will thank me for it.

• hi CK,

thanks for taking the time to search.

My point was simply that some forum entries listed in this particular thread had people stating that this cocked wah condition was made up in the recent videos, or they had never heard of this before.

I had heard complaints before and was simply disputing those thread entries that it was not made up. I have not looked into all threads mentioned as that was not my intent.

My search was kemper cocked wah on Google with no quotes. This was the page I received.

https://www.google.com/search?…id=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I only lised a few links below:

https://www.thegearpage.net/bo…ds/kemper-issues.1319195/

Quacky wah-wah sound to many rigs...

Cocked Wah Sound

About this cocked wah/autowah/muddy/blanket on speaker tone on some profiles

Trouble with high gain sounds

Once again I'm not here to argue the point as I like the Kemper profiler. It is just not the first time that I have heard the complaint reported.

Thanks

Edited 3 times, last by dean701 ().

• I posted these in the thread earlier, here again:

I find it easy to identify in these two A/B comparison videos:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In particular, the fast tremolo-picked single note in the beginning of the clips reveals it quite well to my ears.

• I'd like to get back to something said earlier.

When people are looking at a high end modeling amp (forgive my broad use of the term) what are they looking for?

If it is all about capturing their existing amp then consider this. Why capture the amp if you already have THAT tone?:

1. You want your load in/load out to be easier. Less room on stage, etc.
    2. You want several tones that no single amp can give you
    3. You want to rid yourself of your pedal board mess (again, see #1)
    4. You want to be able to play quietly and get your tone using studio monitors, or headphones

Now, if it is about wanting something DIFFERENT than what you already have, it is a very different thing. In general, modeling amps provide:

1. Much more flexible mechanism of making very complex setups that can be easily switched (or morphed) in a live setting
    2. Recording capabilities not possible with tube amps
    3. PC editors that make saving and trialing new ideas very easy

What was interesting in my story was that I very much started out in the first category (VHT 4x12 cabs sound wonderful .... and weigh a metric ton).

When I first got my KPA, I did capture my amp; however, I never use it. I found there were other rigs available (both free and commercial) that worked better in our set list .... much better.

I think we can all agree that great tone can be achieved by KPA, QC, and AxeIII FX.... even Helix. When is anyone going to notice that a particular rig or QC capture doesn't sound exactly like the amp it captured/profiled?

I don't know about you guys, but for me, I originally thought the KPA (if the hype was true) could EXACTLY replace my VHT rig. I thought that is what I wanted, but that is not where I ended up.

For me, it is now much more about how easily I can obtain a particular sound I am looking for, and how good the results are. I think that I have access to around 4 or 5 REALLY good tube amps through friends (I sold all mine). If all I ever wanted to do was profile real amps, that would have been where my performance slots were today.

I know we spend LOTS of time determining if a profile (or QC's capture) is identical to the amp, but is that really the most important characteristic of these high end digital devices?

I think I now sum up my desires from my guitar rig as follows:

1. Great tube tones
    2. Reliable use on stage
    3. Ease of load in/ load out
    4. Fast and easy setup of new tones
    5. Great efx

When the QC hits the market, I will seek out someone who has one just as I did when the Axe III Fx first came out. I think you need a good 8 hours minimum with a device and a few live gigs before you can really give it a good fair shake.

• I'd like to get back to something said earlier.

When people are looking at a high end modeling amp (forgive my broad use of the term) what are they looking for?

If it is all about capturing their existing amp then consider this. Why capture the amp if you already have THAT tone?:

1. You want your load in/load out to be easier. Less room on stage, etc.
    2. You want several tones that no single amp can give you
    3. You want to rid yourself of your pedal board mess (again, see #1)
    4. You want to be able to play quietly and get your tone using studio monitors, or headphones

Great points made across the board. I would add that now that yet another modeler/profiler is on its way to market it is natural to compare. The web is full of commentary for Fractal, Line 6, Kemper, Headrush, THU comparisons..... Before the QC, there was arguably no other profiler on the market . (sure there were IR captures, eq and tone matchers) Now that there is direct competition, people just want to know. I am not looking for perfect and I am happy with the sounds of my Kemper but when the thought of being able to have a device that replaces a Fractal, Helix and Kemper in one shot that piques my interest.

btw, my purpose is purely for using third party profiles. I have several modelers and haven't used an amp at a gig in years.

• The guitar is not part of the profiler equation. That means that the choice of the guitar does not affect the profiling result.

Refining is all about treating the reference amp with authentic playing dynamics.

This surprises me because there are so many different public profiles available and it takes me a while to find the ones I like. When I say this I am even speaking of the same model of amplifier/speaker. I would think that if someone is refining with a guitar with hot pickups and another is not then that would have a bearing on the profile. Pickup height included. Of course, I have no idea and it looks like I was mistaken all along. Thanks Christoph.

Edited once, last by dean701 ().