Neural Quad Cortex

• Funny how the TGP crowd ignores the fact that QC is a software based unit.

I bet Fractal and Kemper has put more work into bugfixes and updates alone than NDSP has put into developing their entire software catalogue.

The existing units have been out for years and years. You cannot cheat time. I can't wait for bug reports, complains and multiple pages of feature requests that will which the same amount of time to fix.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Good video and I really liked the "hands-on" interface (part of the video) on the unit.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this guy called axe fx3 *a glorified ipad* about a year ago, funny how money changes the way he speaks about digital dsp's

• this guy called axe fx3 *a glorified ipad* about a year ago, funny how money changes the way he speaks about digital dsp's

He called it that because it is, imho. That's why you pay twice as much as for the Helix for quite the same.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• He called it that because it is, imho. That's why you pay twice as much as for the Helix for quite the same.

Fractal offers much more in terms of modeling/effects quality/quantity than helix, stomp is a bang for the buck though. But thats like saying jcm900 not worth the money because dsl20 exists (not true).

• Fractal offers much more in terms of modeling/effects quality/quantity than helix, stomp is a bang for the buck though. But thats like saying jcm900 not worth the money because dsl20 exists (not true).

Well, then Kemper should be half the price of the Helix with its mini single amp chain?

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• If that was truly the case (helix=fractal), everyone in vst plugin market would switch to line6 native (which is the same software as helix rack/floor), and a lot more big bands like periphery, metallica, opeth etc etc you name it would tour with helix racks instead of axe fx's. And we are not seeing it happening anywhere tbh.

This thread is getting really weird from bashing kemper/qc to bashing fractal now.

• Opinions are not bashing, you are getting something horribly wrong.

Exactly. All of the products are good and are pro level. No bashing. Its all about workflow and preference. The only comment made earlier (not by me) was that the Fractal was overpriced. There are many pros that use all of the top tier products.. How vendors choose to endorse their products is a completely different story. Not to mention, why aren't the bands you listed above using Kemper? Its a rhetorical question.

Edited 2 times, last by dean701 ().

• Exactly. All of the products are good and are pro level. No bashing. Its all about workflow and preference. The only comment made earlier (not by me) was that the Fractal was overpriced. There are many pros that use all of the top tier products.. How vendors choose to endorse their products is a completely different story.

How did you come to the conclusion they are overpriced?

• If that was truly the case (helix=fractal), everyone in vst plugin market would switch to line6 native (which is the same software as helix rack/floor), and a lot more big bands like periphery, metallica, opeth etc etc you name it would tour with helix racks instead of axe fx's. And we are not seeing it happening anywhere tbh.

This thread is getting really weird from bashing kemper/qc to bashing fractal now.

there are definitely plenty of pros using the Helix. Chris Robertson was touring with one for the last few years for example. Although I just read that he actually used a Kemper instead of real amps on most of the new Blackstone Cherry album ?

the truth is all 3 (now 4) of the top digital solutions are great in their own ways. There is definitely room for all of them in the market. When I bought my Toaster I spent a long time doing A/B testing with the Helix. It sounded great but the Kemper felt better to me. I also wanted the ability to profile my own amps. I didn’t like the touch screen and floor board format so that pretty much ruled it out anyway. The fact that the floor board also had built in expression pedals was the final nail in the coffin for me. However, these could all be seen as selling points in favour of the Helix for some players. The differences in sound were more about taste than quality.

• people also often forget that that these are all firmware solutions. All have been improved since they came out. So if you had any one of them 5 years ago, guess what , its not the same any more.

Back to the topic of the actual thread, QC will improve and may find themselves with a loyal pro following. They seem open to suggestions. Its a small company and the CEO is on the forums taking it all in.

• Guys. Come on. Let's don't get carried away by shit. If something is overpriced for somebody then it is so. If somebody pays happily for gilded crap and wants to call it luxury or art then for him it is not overpriced. This AGAIN us a matter of opinion and personal view, let's not always try to convince others of how the world goes.

• people also often forget that that these are all firmware solutions. All have been improved since they came out. So if you had any one of them 5 years ago, guess what , its not the same any more.

Back to the topic of the actual thread, QC will improve and may find themselves with a loyal pro following. They seem open to suggestions. Its a small company and the CEO is on the forums taking it all in.

NDSP will wake up quickly once people get the first devices. Forums will be filled with complains. If they don't have the resources to improve it quickly, QC will join the ranks of could-have-been devices like the Headrush and Amplifire.

In it's current form you cannot compare it to Helix, Kemper and Fractal. How long will it take before they fix bugs and add requested/missing features? Considering how long it took to bring the SOFTWARE out of "beta" I would say it will take a very long time.

• NDSP will wake up quickly once people get the first devices. Forums will be filled with complains. If they don't have the resources to improve it quickly, QC will join the ranks of could-have-been devices like the Headrush.

In it's current form you cannot compare it to Helix, Kemper and Fractal. How long will it take before they fix bugs and add requested/missing features? Considering how long it took to bring the SOFTWARE out of "beta" I would say it will take a very long time.

Yes but any company can make a game changing firmware at any time. You are right though, this is a very hyped device but the prospects look good based solely on the capture videos. Come March we'll see what the general public has to say but the CEO is already building new firmware based on forum requests.

• NDSP will wake up quickly once people get the first devices. Forums will be filled with complains. If they don't have the resources to improve it quickly, QC will join the ranks of could-have-been devices like the Headrush and Amplifire.

How long did it take Kemper to release an editor and implement the ability to update the KPA via USB?