Neural Quad Cortex

• I do understand that way of doing business, imho kemper is way to polite in order for these commercial sellers to use the kemper to create profiles. Ok they make the effort to make it sound great, but they need the hardware. I would find it pretty normal that a portion of what they urn goes to kemper as well. We should all be very gratefull as well for kemper, as well as the commercial sellers to deliver a great product.

With neural they want to be ahead of this game ... do wonder how much the % they'll ask, probably a lot :)

Yesterday I went over to the neural wensite and saw that their plugings are way over 100 euro :o

Anyway I'll stick with my powerrack and keep on stomping the remote ... it sounds so awesome, is reliable etc ...

Another thing, i'm not a fanboy, guys who like fractal better, helix, kemper ... it's all a matter of taste and what your own personal preferences are.

The guys who now are "bashing" the kemper , defending de quad cortex ... they should be on another forum, they made their point

I find it pretty harsh that we only talk about the quad cortex in a kemper environment, some discussions are really helpfull and make sense

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• The guys who now are "bashing" the kemper , defending de quad cortex ... they should be on another forum, they made their point

I kind of agree at this point, but CK is ok with this so all's good.

Seems there are certainly disadvantages to the CQ business model...

• @CK was very clever to let all this happen around his system.

Protools/avid or apple and the likes are not good examples to follow as a company.Musicians are a very emotional species and paying all the time for new tools/upgrading them to keep an existing system going is not an environment they like.Most of all if they feel also "trapped" within this whole thing.

• And one more thing.I know I don't make a lots if friends here in this thread saying this but anyway..

Only to know that the neural guys thought about a monthly fee for being able to access their cloud..I mean this should tell you a lot.This shows the way these lads are thinking.This is just greedy stuff.

This is not a personal thing of mine.I am not trying to be Kempers pitbull.But some things are just obvious.

• Doug Castro has just clarified, that their Cloud Service will be 100% free and want it to be mainly big userspace with users own tones and captures shared to others as free.

There will also be 3rd party section for vendors to sell their commercial Captures.

So no drama, everything works pretty much the same as in the Kemper world. But everything is focused in one place: in the Neural DSP Cloud service.

Gear: Kemper Profiler | Neural DSP Plugins
    Guitars: .Strandberg*

• He said "at first.."

He did not clarify much actually.And the fact that many of these issues surface very slowly..I don't know..

PS

And only the fact that he did never deny that he thought about this monthly fee.I would not like to depend on the goodwill of any company to not or change important rules as they like at the cost of my wallet.

Edited once, last by Nikos ().

• I would find it pretty normal that a portion of what they urn goes to kemper as well.

Just like a portion of your earnings would go to guitar, strings, pick, amp, effects, microphone and cable manufacturers? We're talking about tools and nobody should ever get a portion of what I make from using the tool. Really strange mindset, to be honest. Maybe too many people can't deal with the freedom to do whatever they want with their creations? Always need someone to tell them what they can do and what they can't do? Very weird ... and certainly not for me.

• The KPA is not Mark Knopflers (and ofcourse all the others) choice because it has "good sound" and nails the profiles perfectly..it is also a serious,well thought out tool with a great,proven concept for gigging and recording.And we know this is true for every tiny detail.

This, so true.

I had a lengthy conversation with one of Mark Knopfler's crew members last tour and he stated that Knopfler didn't really care all that much for how much the KPA sounded like his tube amps. He certainly wasn't caught up in it as much as some people are. He just really liked the sound of the unit, the flexibility, the stability, the ergonomics and the reduction in crew burden it proved to be.

• From Doug:

What I meant, and should've said was that we want to create the best free sharing platform in the world, and within it, eventually, also implement an elegant solution for professional, commercial users to sell their products in a way that protects their intellectual property while providing a better experience for our users.

That's all there's to it.

No Drama. No Conspiracy.

• ”What I meant, and should've said was that we want to create the best free sharing platform in the world, and within it, eventually, also implement an elegant solution for professional, commercial users to sell their products in a way that protects their intellectual property while providing a better experience for our users.

That's all there's to it.”

He's telling you their plan and their plan is to turn their cloud into a marketplace. Yes initially the content will be "free" but that's not going to remain like that. Why else would they go to the trouble of setting up a monetisation structure if they are not making it a priority? The fact you are PAYING to play this thing should be enough but it's not. Welcome to the Neural Walled Garden. Good luck with that... ?

• C’mon dude! What? ;(

Kemper has free profiles from users in Rig Exchange. QC has this same thing.

3rd Party vendors sell Kemper Profile Packs. Same thing in QC.

You are highlightning this ”EVENTUALLY” part from Doug’s answer: In English -> Eventually there will be section for 3rd party vendors to sell their Captures and presets.