Neural Quad Cortex

• C’mon dude! What? ;(

Kemper has free profiles from users in Rig Exchange. QC has this same thing.

3rd Party vendors sell Kemper Profile Packs. Same thing in QC.

You are highlightning this ”EVENTUALLY” part from Doug’s answer: In English -> Eventually there will be section for 3rd party vendors to sell their Captures and presets.

I've asked Doug to clarify whether sellers will be required to use the cloud to sell captures and presets, or if they'll be able to sell them on third party websites using a third-party server (unaffiliated with the cloud) to store and distribute them.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Years ago, I was exchanging email with a developer of software synths - a guy I betatested for. He had a day gig in the financial industry and was getting advice on marketing from his colleagues at work. There was a lot of controversy on KVR about his forthcoming product, with lots of people arguing the pros and cons of its feature set and speculation about the cost and whether there would be upgrades for users of his earlier products.

Anyway, some were concerned that this KVR thread was getting out of hand and potentially damaging the developer's reputation and potentially hurting sales of the unreleased product. I raised these concerns with him and suggested it may be wise to clarify some of these issues. He said the marketing guys from his firm were watching the whole thing and were very happy with all the controversy and all the posts and views the thread was getting - this was just perfect they said.

Sound familar?

• So no drama, everything works pretty much the same as in the Kemper world. But everything is focused in one place: in the Neural DSP Cloud service.

Seriously? How will you make an offline backup? How will you offline transfer your setup to a backup/spare/rented device? The constraint to be online in order to do such basic actions is a complete no go, at least for me. All my profiler data is stored locally on my disk(s) and on multiple backups.

If that's not an issue for you, that's fine for me, but if that's not possible anymore, that device is not suitable for me.

Edited once, last by Mattes ().

• I've asked Doug to clarify whether sellers will be required to use the cloud to sell captures and presets, or if they'll be able to sell them on third party websites using a third-party server (unaffiliated with the cloud) to store and distribute them.

Yeah, I saw that. Hopefully it gets answered. But I am pretty sure, that Neural DSP is aiming to offer every content inside the cloud. But let’s see.

Gear: Kemper Profiler | Neural DSP Plugins
    Guitars: .Strandberg*

• From Doug:

What I meant, and should've said was that we want to create the best free sharing platform in the world, and within it, eventually, also implement an elegant solution for professional, commercial users to sell their products in a way that protects their intellectual property while providing a better experience for our users.

That's all there's to it.

No Drama. No Conspiracy.

Actually it is you creating drama.And conspiracy.

I repeated what thus Neural guy says.

Really,enough.

• You are saying "This, so true", but Nikos did say the opposite?!

Nikos thinks that Mark Knopfler likes the Kemper because the profiler "nailed" his amp tones "perfectly". Seems he just sees the Kemper as a good tool and economic solution. Not less, not more.

No, he did not say the opposite, that's why I said "so true", lol. Read his post: Nikos says MK did NOT specifically like it because it nails the tone of his amps etc., which was somewhat confirmed by my conversation with the crew member.

• Has anyone seen anybody using this thing with their feet? Let’s see that! Without an extra cost of adding some kind of midi controller, I don’t think it’s gonna fly live. Kinda negates the unit size as a virtue, doesn’t it?

• Wow....the fervour of this debate...

Its a new product so they are still working out their model by the sounds of it. The " marketplace" seems to be more aimed at protecting commercial captures, which is fair enough if its not intrusive or limiting.

People will vote with their feet so if they choose an unhealthy model, this will hurt them so sense will prevail. People will pay if they think its worth it.

I like the Kemper ecosystem so works for me. I would be instantly turned off by a subscription service for guitar - I only use those types of serveices if I have no choice ( Spotify etc). Where I have choice, e.g. cloud storage, I avoid. I use a NAS instead.

• I just read from Doug Castro:

1. When the pc/mac editor is out you can make backups in your own computer, harddrives etc.

2. Vendor can sell his Capture packs from his own site. It goes like this: You go into MBritt site, buy his Pack and he shares that pack for you in the Cloud server.

Gear: Kemper Profiler | Neural DSP Plugins
    Guitars: .Strandberg*

• Okay, Doug did provide an answer regarding file management:

"All file transfer has to be done through the cloud with the exception of local backup files once the desktop controller is out."

As much as I like the unit and am rooting for it, not having the option to manage files locally is an absolute deal breaker. I'm sorry, but I don't want my shit completely micromanaged by NDSP or any other company.

• As much as I like the unit and am rooting for it, not having the option to manage files locally is an absolute deal breaker. I'm sorry, but I don't want my shit completely micromanaged by NDSP or any other company.

So do i. To have the complete content locally and offline managed it is not an option. It is a must.

• "All file transfer has to be done through the cloud with the exception of local backup files once the desktop controller is out.

With the desktop controller, you can create a local backup file that you can restore in another QC once you login to it with your cloud credentials, which is neat if your device is stolen or you simply want to have the same content on more than one device."

I guess that answers it.

• I own 4 Profilers and I don't mind a single cent I've spent on them (plus some accessories).

But Neural DSP won't see a single cent of mine, ever! And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

They haven't yet sold/shipped a single unit to customers and already losing potential clients, well done, congratulations. :D