Neural Quad Cortex

• Okay, Doug did provide an answer regarding file management:

"All file transfer has to be done through the cloud with the exception of local backup files once the desktop controller is out."

As much as I like the unit and am rooting for it, not having the option to manage files locally is an absolute deal breaker. I'm sorry, but I don't want my shit completely micromanaged by NDSP or any other company.

Well at least things are quite clear now.Hurray..

• I own 4 Profilers and I don't mind a single cent I've spent on them (plus some accessories).

But Neural DSP won't see a single cent of mine, ever! And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

They haven't yet sold/shipped a single unit to customers and already losing potential clients, well done, congratulations. :D

Then this thread is not for you. No one is forcing you to read about those who choose to own both.

• why do you feel the need to read about it?

Since when is this of your business? Mind your own.

And just to make sure you understand what I think of you ... your contribution/participation in the Kemper Profiler community equals 0 (zero) so far. It's almost like you registered here only to discuss non-Kemper stuff. So don't you tell me what I should and shouldn't do here! Thanks.

• Since when is this of your business? Mind your own.

And just to make sure you understand what I think of you ... your contribution/participation in the Kemper Profiler community equals 0 (zero) so far. It's almost like you registered here only to discuss non-Kemper stuff. So don't you tell me what I should and shouldn't do here! Thanks.

Considering my liked comment ratio seems to destroy yours, I would say that your comments are invaluable here. I don't really care what you think. Bye.

• Seriously, if you show no interest in the QC why do you feel the need to read about it? If I look up a forum for the didgeridoo, will I find your comments that you aren't interested?

Seriously, if you show no interest in the Q̶C̶ Kemper why do you feel the need to r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ post 100% only about the QC on a Kemper forum? If I look up a forum for the didgeridoo, will I f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶ y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶?̶ find you posting about the QC there too? The didgeridoo community won't stand for those kind of shenanigans

• I guess everything that needed to be said has been said. The cortex guys moved to the neural forums

We as civilized ppl are aware that there's a New kid on the Block, looks great and has all the options of all modelers combined in one unit...

We still love our Kempers and will keep on enjoying it as we always did...

Just as guys enjoy their axes, I my stomp as well and we move on

Trying to temper our GAS... Which Kemper has done for +5 years in my case

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

Edited once, last by Roeffel ().

• Alright everyone, hopefully we all can go back to having normal discussions like rational people. I might have something interesting for you:

I think by now we all know the infamous comparison video by Rabea Massad between Kemper & Cortex. After a couple requests Rabea has now shared the profiles he made in this video so everybody can listen and compare themselves while comparing them with the sounds provided in his video.

[EDIT: By now he's shared the links in the video description & comment section as well]

I think most people missed his post in the Youtube Community section (who really ever looks in there?!), so I'll share the link he posted here as well - but before that an important warning:

BEWARE your ears!

The RIG Volume in the corresponding RIG menu of each profile is almost maxed out on all three profiles - watch your ears when loading them up!

In my setup this pushed everything into clipping right away, just reset it to Default (0) before hitting your strings. Who knows what drove him to put the volume up that high...

Dropbox – Rabea Comparison Video Profiles

My take on this:

These are actually great sounding profiles! I do own quite a lot of commercial profiles including all the official Victory profiles made by Rabea. Even though I don't hate on them as much as I have seen others do (as they are fine once you change out the Cab). However, I feel like he should have used the Torpedo for everything, because it actually sounds way better than any of his other profiles which were miced up traditionally.

I think the tones are pretty intense. After reducing the Rig Volume and adjusting EQ a little to my taste, I actually prefer the tones I'm getting with my guitars way more than the tones he got in the Youtube Video.

Especially the Soldano Crunch profile sounds absolutely fantastic. Try setting the Tube Shape on 5 with some slight EQ to your taste and I really think this a great sound that works with most guitars.

With the Kraken, people keep mentioning the "cocked wah/mids thing", which CK already commented on. Indeed, the High Gain Kraken profile has its Definition setting maxed out on 10. Once I reduced it to something more reasonable, it sounded way more natural and in my opinion better than what he got in his video. The feel was just right to me after my adjustments.

So what conclusion can we draw here?

Speaking for myself, the whole debate of QC vs. Kemper has made me question my actual situation of owning a Kemper and whether new modern tech overcame it. However, in the end I realized how much I actually love my Kemper and the tones I'm getting. Can the Kemper be improved? Sure thing! But I just love the tones I am getting and everything else.

Especially if I use third party profiles, I honestly do not care if the sound I'm getting truly equals the amp which was profiled. What matters to me after all is if I get the sound I have in my head for the specific amp the profile is based on if that makes sense. That leaves me wondering if the sound I get out of my Kemper isn't actually better (to me) than the original miced up signal from whatever amp the profile is based on. That's a win in my book.

I love all the parameters and features the Kemper gives me and I can just highly recommend everyone to get to know your gear as best as you can. Knowing how to use all the parameters to get to my sound is worth so much more than 1% more accuracy while profiling and just having nothing but a basic EQ control to tweak after that.

I know that was a lot to take in, but I would love to hear your thoughts on that. Just remember to stay civil - competition is always good for the consumer :)

• I think the main difference in the results are due to the user (refining and tweaking) which is something that Kemper could avoid by automating the whole refining process if that is possible.

• GL getting a reliable wifi in half of the venues.

Yea I can see where the "neon" lightfest Bud signs could cause wifi issues.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user