Neural Quad Cortex

• Yes, but you can't save or export individual captures to a thumb drive or computer. For example, if I wanted to give you or anybody else an individual capture, I couldn't simply email it to you or upload it to your QC via a thumb drive. Someone else brought up the use case of making captures at a studio and asked whether those individual captures can be saved to a thumb drive or sent to a client via email.

Just guessing, but I would bet that has something to do with not being able to give away someone else's purchased "commercial individual captures". I mean, why else would there be a reason to do this? It's much simpler to save an individual file, no?

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Your choice of course, but "why" do you not have any Bluetooth or wifi in your studio? Many major music brands/companies are using this technology now and are serious about it. For example, the UA OX is a good example of this.

I can't speak for VegasG, Michael, but I'm in the same boat. In fact, it's not just the "music room", but my entire life - no mobile devices, microwave oven, Wi-Fi, bluetooth, no wireless anything. I only use remote controls (TV etc.) if they're infra-red.

Since microwave ovens and mobile 'phones started taking off in the '80s I've had to avoid them 'cause they knock me around big-time. If sleep and the ability to concentrate / perform complex tasks / know whether I'm coming or going weren't critical to my survival, I'd be all-in for that stuff, but 5 seconds' exposure to an actively-transmitting 'phone means 2-3 days without sleep and being utterly-useless mentally, so I don't have any choice in the matter. :/

• Just guessing, but I would bet that has something to do with not being able to give away someone else's purchased "commercial individual captures". I mean, why else would there be a reason to do this? It's much simpler to save an individual file, no?

I have no clue why they wouldn't allow people to export individual captures. What's stopping them from requiring network access for commercial captures and letting users manage non-commercial profiles individually? Doug Castro has repeatedly ignored questions inquiring as to why users aren't allowed to manage their own library on an individual capture basis. If it's related to protecting commercial profiles, he could simply say so, but he won't.

• I just asked Doug on TGP "why" the reason for not being able to save individual files to USB.

That, "even though it might take a few secs longer to save the whole thing" makes no sense unless they have set the QC up to check the mac-address against everything you have purchased? Let's see what he says....

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

• I can't speak for VegasG, Michael, but I'm in the same boat.

It's ok MM, to each their own and I wish only the best for ya :)

• I just asked Doug on TGP "why" the reason for not being able to save individual files to USB.

That, "even though it might take a few secs longer to save the whole thing" makes no sense unless they have set the QC up to check the mac-address against everything you have purchased? Let's see what he says....

So, I can save a full backup of my system (commercial captures and all) to a thumb drive, but not individual captures? I can likewise give someone else a full backup of commercial captures but not an individual capture. Makes perfect sense.

• And so how much time do you need to refine? Is it close to the same time frame the Cortex used automatically? Longer? Shorter? In other words if we base most things on how long it takes( in most cases that is the way its done) then what Bea did was fair. But you are correct in the fact you can tweak things for hours until you get it right. :)

Look, I don’t think that what I am saying is anything new for people that create profiles. If the results are not close enough you can usually get it much closer in a few minutes. Probably less time than what the QC takes. You just simply use your ears and repeat the refine process if the first time did not make it for you. It is that simple in most cases. The SLO in particular has been profiled with success by a lot of people.

• I'll be surprised if he actually addresses the question.

You may be right, and that makes me wonder why even more.

• I can likewise give someone else a full backup of commercial profiles but not an individual capture. Makes perfect sense.

It depends on if being "cloud-based", they have tied the mac-address of the QC to the purchase. So let's say you give me a bunch of profiles you have purchased, I then try to load them into my QC but the Mac Address of your QC does not match mine, and I get an error message and it won't install. THAT is the only reason I see that makes sense to me.

• You may be right, and that makes me wonder why even more.

He has repeatedly ignored questions I had along the same lines. I don't think I've seen him respond to a single question regarding the export of individual captures and presets, other than the statement he gave in one of my earlier replies:

"All file transfer has to be done through the cloud with the exception of local backup files once the desktop controller is out."

And that doesn't explain why users can't export individual captures offline.

• FWIW for me, If the issue of the individual file transfer is the only issue on the cloud setup, and otherwise the current process protects folks like Guidorist, TAF, LRS, Top Jimi, and MBritt from losing their hard-earned time and efforts in making quality profiles (in this case captures) for profit, then so be it. I just wish Doug would come out and say so.

• FWIW for me, If the issue of the individual file transfer is the only issue on the cloud setup, and otherwise the current process protects folks like Guidorist, TAF, LRS, Top Jimi, and MBritt from losing their hard-earned time and efforts in making quality profiles (in this case captures) for profit, then so be it. I just wish Doug would come out and say so.

I got into a debate about profile piracy on TGP recently, and based on my research, I couldn't find any real evidence that profile piracy is a significant issue for commercial profilers. I found some sellers on eBay that appear to be selling some commercial profile collections, but they're not selling very many. Not enough that I'd feel they were a financial threat.

• But, Bea went back and refined the "profile", and to my ears (and his) there was slightly more of a "wooly" midrange (27:25) tone the KPA had that the QC did not. Now that was a fair test done with everything left the same for both (as far as I could tell) and the profiles were "refined". No one made the Kemper look unfairly worse and Bea took the same time for both from what I could tell. Now, that was just "one" comparison and maybe others would turn out the other way.

BTW- I have "my" Kemper sitting 2 feet from me as I type this, so I'm not being biased either, just stating what my ears told me as well.

There is earlier videos.

No problems or doubts, no woofiness or cocked wah.

Just great profiles.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Per Doug just now on TGP- "At the moment nothing is locally stored because we haven’t built the software to allow for it."

There is more...

• Internet of things this, internet of things that ...

No, I don’t want to rely on Internet for all appliences in my home!

I’m fine with it for work, some music, Downloading software, using a forum, you know .... things for which the Internet was invented.

I absolutely do not want my fridge and car working only with an Internet connection.

“But, Andrei, don’t you have Internet in your home?” I have but there many situations when I’m not at home and frankly I just don’t want to type in my username and password to be able to fully use a device I paid 1600 euro for.

“It’s 2021 and we want Internet in everything”

No we don’t, gtfo.

• Per Doug just now on TGP- "At the moment nothing is locally stored because we haven’t built the software to allow for it."

He's repeatedly stated that full backups can be stored locally once the desktop editor is out, but you weren't asking about full backups. All he has to say is users will be able to export individual captures once the desktop app is released. That would put an end to the entire issue.

• Yea I'm sure he didn't forget Damian lol, but getting hit from all sides makes for fast answers sometimes. I bet it gets implemented and some point. At least it's wishful thinking. Until then for me, I'll park the box in my studio and cloud the hell outa it. :D

• I have no clue why they wouldn't allow people to export individual captures. What's stopping them from requiring network access for commercial captures and letting users manage non-commercial profiles individually? Doug Castro has repeatedly ignored questions inquiring as to why users aren't allowed to manage their own library on an individual capture basis. If it's related to protecting commercial profiles, he could simply say so, but he won't.

I've been asking questions about the cloud and its marketization for what feels like half a year, but nothing got revealed until recently and they still won't say much. I suspect it's because a) they don't know yet either and b) nothing's off the table.