Neural Quad Cortex

• There is earlier videos.

No problems or doubts, no woofiness or cocked wah.

Interesting, and very nice sounding profiles I agree. He did that on June 11th, 2019. So WTH happened? did he forget how to do a profile? lol....

I'm being facetious but really, if the same amps sounded good then, where did the woofy that I heard as well, come from now? Hummmm.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Interesting, and very nice sounding profiles I agree. He did that on June 11th, 2019. So WTH happened? did he forget how to do a profile? lol....

I'm being facetious but really, if the same amps sounded good then, where did the woofy that I heard as well, come from now? Hummmm.

don’t forget that in the first video he published ( which was removed since ) he apparently “forgot” to refine the profiles.

Also he didn’t seem to invest any time in manually tweaking the amp parameters at all.

I understand that QC doesn’t have those but they’re there in the Kemper. Why not spend 10 minutes trying to fine tune the profiles for the best sound?

it’s a rhetorical question, I think it’s prety obvious why ...

• don’t forget that in the first video he published ( which was removed since ) he apparently “forgot” to refine the profiles.

Yea that's why he redid it.

Why not spend 10 minutes trying to fine tune the profiles?

Nothing wrong with that at all, but he didn't have to do this with the QC, even time-wise.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

• The main reason I have no interest in rushing to buy the latest digital amp/fx solution every few months, or the latest shiny new DAW that blows everything else out the water is that they are all only as good as the user. Every time I get new gear I need to spend time learning how to get the best out of it. In reality spending that time working with in a took I already own and know how to work will typically yield the same or better results.

This is not only true but what ultimately made me choose Kemper over AxeFx since they both sound outstanding. Once I was past the basics on the Kemper, which really doesn't require much to get going, it was easy for me to pick a profile and just play guitar. I almost never tweak the profiles. There is a huge amount of tweakability, effects, etc. that I've never really explored because I don't have to. I get what I want from the given profile, and am happy with it.

However, if I wanted more "something," I would reach for the manual before I reached for my wallet. Only after exhausting all possible options and still not being satisfied would I fire up the GAS-mobile. And that's another reason I enjoy my Kemper. I'm burnt out on GAS (outta GAS?) and just wanted to find something that could serve my needs for years without having to revamp everything every five minutes.

Mind you, this has nothing to do with the reason that many people are drooling over the QC. GAS is a fun hobby in and of itself. I mean, really, who doesn't like playing with new toys?

I visited some other audio & video forums recently and was reminded of how common hostility and negative conversations are on the Internet. Pretty much the defacto standard. Watching all the angry comments on this thread (which isn't even about the Kemper) just reminded me of how unusual that is on this forum, and what a great group of guys this is.

Seems to me that the only real problem is when we try to look at new competing gear as though it were a zero sum game. For one thing to be good, all other things must suck. Of course, that's not really true. The QC is new, really little more than a beta or prototype at this point, so there's room for growth. Nonetheless, it looks like a great piece of kit. The Kemper is also a great piece of kit. So is the AxeFx. And the Line 6 stuff. And Amplitube. QC is just one more addition to a great batch of options for guitarists. Seems more a cause for celebration than contention.

With most software the typical user only uses a tiny portion of what it can do. I don’t know the real number but I’m sure a figure like 10% is often banded about for MS Word and Excel, or CAD programs like Solidworks etc........ the number isn’t important the point is that music production tools are no different than any of these other tools.

I'd be impressed if I hit 10%. I still write my books in Word 2010, because the 10% gets it done for me and there's nothing missing for my needs that new versions offer. Visual Studio, Sql Server, you name it, there are tons of features I never even explore. When I need it, I read up on it and add it to the toolkit.

This very much describes my interaction with the Kemper. When the reverb release came out a while back, I actually started looking for a song that would benefit just so I could play with it (more GAS than need). I updated to the latest OS this weekend, and once again there are a ton of new things to play with. And I haven't even scratched the surface of all the cool reverbs.

I think in my case I tend to focus on the thing I want to do and look for the tool to do it with rather than getting lost in the tools, which can result in the tail wagging the dog.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• oh man ... that’s not the point

So, what point did I miss? They were both given equal time frames. Yes, both can be tweaked "after the fact". :)

What I don't get is after making profiles of the same amp ( the 1st one good) on two different occasions, why was "the last one" not questioned when it came up wooly sounding when comparing with the QC? I'm not talking about the 1st comparison as of late on YT. Did he, for whatever reason not get a good profile even after "refining" it (in the 2nd video)? That doesn't make sense to me yet, so maybe Bea can explain it better here...

Edited once, last by spikey ().

• Ah, The Gear Page. My fave topic at the moment:

"I want to make it as a pedal youtuber but have no cash to buy pedals to review"

I wanted to make it as a Rolling Stone but I moisturised too much

• So, what point did I miss? They were both given equal time frames. Yes, both can be tweaked "after the fact". :)

you missed the point that it sounded good in 2019 and now it didn’t. And that somehow he forgot to refine. And that with kemper you can tweak a lot more parameters “after the fact”. And that qc didn’t sound like the amp anyways and I’m not sure how much changing bass/mids/treble/gain can help with that.
    So in other words a promotional video published to make you doubt your current product and make you pay 1600 for a new one.

The first video was too obvious and he had to backpedal a little bit.
    But, nevermind. Carry on!

• Mind you, this has nothing to do with the reason that many people are drooling over the QC. GAS is a fun hobby in and of itself. I mean, really, who doesn't like playing with new toys?

I love new shiny's and G.A.S., thats not why Im interested in the QC however.

• you missed the point that it sounded good in 2019 and now it didn’t.

No, I didn't miss it. I addressed that right under- ... And Bea "did" refine the profile on the 2nd video.

• So in other words a promotional video published to make you doubt your current product

That's an untrue and reaching statement "if" that was directed at me. I don't doubt the tones of my Kemper at all. If I did, I would not have one.

• Nothing wrong with that at all, but he didn't have to do this with the QC, even time-wise.

That's true, though it's quite possible that not refining the profile a couple of times could potentially affect accuracy, and I'd personally want to give the Kemper every opportunity to present the most accurate profile possible in a head to head comparison.

• right ...

Of course it's right, I said it... ;)

And just for your edification, I doubt very much Rabea will say anything here just because I mentioned it... lol

• Ya know, 79 pages in on this topic, on a product that's not even been released yet, is pretty amazing. I appreciate that Mr. Kemper has "allowed" us to cuss and discuss the pros and cons of an unreleased product that has technical, monetary, and musical/tone viewpoints on our choices as consumers on this Kemper forum. There are some forums, who would not have done so. That said, I will reiterate that there is "nothing" wrong with owning both products, or none of them. It's our choice as always. I do enjoy the competition that both boxes bring to the table. For us, It's a good day to be guitar players. :)

• Ya know, 79 pages in on this topic, on a product that's not even been released yet, is pretty amazing. I appreciate that Mr. Kemper has "allowed" us to cuss and discuss the pros and cons of an unreleased product that has technical, monetary, and musical/tone viewpoints on our choices as consumers on this Kemper forum. There are some forums, who would not have done so. That said, I will reiterate that there is "nothing" wrong with owning both products, or none of them. It's our choice as always. I do enjoy the competition that both boxes bring to the table. For us, It's a good day to be guitar players. :)

By the way, did Doug ever give you a direct answer?

• By the way, did Doug ever give you a direct answer?

Yea as much as I can tell. About the ability to save "single" files/captures, he said IIRC that it was not programmed yet.

He said, "At the moment nothing is locally stored because we haven’t built the software to allow for it."

Meaning- "I believe" (take this with a grain of salt) that you can store internally, but not load or save individual files/captures to/from USB, yet.

• Yea as much as I can tell. About the ability to save "single" files/captures, he said IIRC that it was not programmed yet.

He said, "At the moment nothing is locally stored because we haven’t built the software to allow for it."

Meaning- "I believe" (take this with a grain of salt) that you can store internally, but not load or save individual files/captures to/from USB, yet.

It kind of sounds like he was sidestepping the question. You didn't ask if anything can be stored locally right now.