Neural Quad Cortex

• Yep, he says he gets paid I agree. He also says he wouldn't throw the Kemper under the bus (in a matter of speaking). So I guess we believe what we want at this point. :)

I am ok with people believing what they want. I'm not invested in this thing whatsoever so I really don't care about it other than enjoying some banter.

I see you are quite invested considering you are defending this thing non-stop on TGP and here. It must be an important thing to you so YMMV.

What if neural DSP decide to close down the cloud, e.g. a year after they announce EOL for the product? You'll be happy with pretty much a brick?

Good point! I will ask that very question to Doug @ TGP and see what he says...

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• I am ok with people believing what they want. I'm not invested in this thing whatsoever so I really don't care about it other than enjoying some banter.

I see you are quite invested considering you are defending this thing non-stop on TGP and here. It must be an important thing to you so YMMV.

No, I'm not. I have not invested a "penny" yet. I just don't like throwing people and things under the bus without good reason.

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

• The difference is that you CAN store them locally if you wish so.

You may have a point there. ;) I got some questions elsewhere that need answers regarding this too.

• Why do the defenders of the QC walled garden feel the need to defend it when people aren't criticising it? What people ARE criticising is the fact there's no option BUT to use the walled garden. When choice is deliberately restricted, then don't be too surprised that there would be a negative backlash.

• Why do the defenders of the QC walled garden feel the need to defend it when people aren't criticising it? What people ARE criticising is the fact there's no option BUT to use the walled garden. When choice is deliberately restricted, then don't be too surprised that there would be a negative backlash.

If people are willing to accept not having an offline option to save resources, then they'd probably be willing to accept a requirement that the unit be online in order to use it.

• I wanna be able to get to my stuff, via another option if the cloud dies or goes offline. There is supposed to be an editor that will be release later to sort this issue, but I don't have all the facts yet on it.

• spikey said: Sorry, I missed this. So you are saying, we can make a full backup locally to our computers once the editor is released, correct?

Doug's reply just now-

"Yeah, a full system backup export file/restore from file is like the number one feature of the desktop controller, other than... well, controlling the unit."

• spikey said: Sorry, I missed this. So you are saying, we can make a full backup locally to our computers once the editor is released, correct?

Doug's reply just now-

"Yeah, a full system backup export file/restore from file is like the number one feature of the desktop controller, other than... well, controlling the unit."

In other words, you have to make a full backup in order to save a preset or capture. I can't simply export an individual preset or capture. I have to back up the whole f@#$ing unit. Wouldn't it be a hell of a lot easier just to allow people to save individual presets and captures? So, if I want to restore an individual capture, I have to open a backup file. But if you have multiple backup files, you'll need a cataloging program to help you sort out what's on each backup file. What a bunch of inconvenient bullish!t.

• "Yeah, a full system backup export file/restore from file is like the number one feature of the desktop controller, other than... well, controlling the unit."

In plain English: "Yeah, you can only do a full system backup with the desktop controller and you can also used the desktop controller to control the unit".

That's it. No access to individual files. It's either you accept a big monolithic system dump file or you don't.

• The difference is that you CAN store them locally if you wish so.

Looks like when the Editor is released, you can do exactly that. I did ask if the editor backup is tied to whether the cloud is up or not. Waiting for that answer.

• There are many here that feel the same way. I don't want to accuse yet because there is no hard proof of that, but its not impossible either. He seems like a nice guy and a good player. And just because he found a box that sounds better to him (and in some cases me too) doesn't make him a fraud.

I do actually agree with you. As always this is about balance.

Someone who is getting paid to promote will always show a skewed view - its human nature. In fact most people have some bias anyway, but being paid will add to this. Conversely he is being up front about it so that is fair enough.

He can also not turn a crap sounding machine into a good sounding one so we can all accept it sounds pretty good. Is it better/does it sound better?

This is too limited to form those judgements. I just think we are all putting too much weight on these videos at the moment and everyone getting too frothy..

• That's it. No access to individual files. It's either you accept a big monolithic system dump file or you don't.

Thats right, you cant store individual files, and that bums me out too. At least not yet.

But it's better than no backup at all!

• Seems like they are more interested in working on the social aspect of the product than the product itself.

They spent so much time on this non essential ( to customers ) feature which translated in delays and less .. actual .. features implemented on the device itself.

Why not focus on a regular editor and the device first and think about the social aspects later? Makes no sense to keep saying that they're trying to implement the most "important" things first ( i.e. the cloud related stuff ) and implement "other" features later which in reality are the MOST IMPORTANT features to a modeler.