Neural Quad Cortex

• So who else here is getting a Quad Cortex when released? :)

Nicky and Me and.... ???

I have one on order.

It will be tough to dethrone my KPA, and I'm sure that each device will have its strengths and weaknesses.

Maybe I will invent a new device....one where you can put both inside, cook it for a few minutes, and end up with a perfect combination of both.

I feel that could make me quite a bit of money.

• Good luck with the ideas!

I really don't look at the QC as "dethroning" my Helix, or Kemper.

For me, it's just another tool in the toolbox. :)

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• Me too.

Looking forward to trying it out - I've been a very happy Kemper user for ~6 years, let's see what happens.

• I can unfortunately afford to keep only one.

Well, I may be in the same boat as I remembered now that "Taxes and Insurance" are coming due in a month or two ;(

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

• I copied without permission but felt like everyone here should read this if you are the least bit interested in a QC.

From Doug over @ TGP,

"Let me start this but saying that I am not trying to persuade you to buy a Quad Cortex, quite the opposite: it seems like there are aspects of our vision that you disagree with, and therefore, it is clearly not the right product for you, and I respect that fully.
    Where I'd like to draw a hard line on is the air of mistrust toward me and my company, which I find unwarranted and serious enough to address publicly. We've been selling plugins for 3 years, a time in which we have released over 10 products. All of them have been updated continuously since their inception: bugs have been fixed, new features have been added, and we will continue to do that.

We have never charged for an update and never will.

Taking care of your customers and standing behind our products is not only a solid business practice conducive to long-term success, but it is also the right thing to do.

Since founding Darkglass 11 years ago and Neural 3 years ago, I have designed, produced, and sold products to hundreds of thousands of musicians and made hundreds of business deals with artists, distributors, dealers, and suppliers. In a decade-plus, I have worked extremely hard, and many times left small fortunes on the table in order to do the right thing: this is because my conviction and principles are paramount to me, and every day I am extremely aware of the fact that my reputation is all I have.

I have also structured things so that nobody can ever pressure or coerce me to go against my convictions, not that any of our investors ever have or would. Still, even if this was the case, I have absolute executive freedom in all of my companies. This narrative of our investors forcing us to do dumb, shot-sided things (i.e., cloud bait-and-switch) is implausible. With that said, I appreciate you airing your concerns and giving me a chance to address them. Hopefully, this will put others' at ease.

Best of lucks with everything.

Doug."

• A quick remark regarding this back and forth posting of 3rd party content:

I'm here, not there. If I was interested in there I would be there but I'm only interested in here. Those who are interested in there will likely be there (or here and there).

Bottomline: There's no need for cross-posting, thanks.

I'm here, not there. If I was interested in there I would be there but I'm only interested in here. Those who are interested in there will likely be there (or here and there).

Agreed, please leave the content where it is posted. I ditched my account over there because I Really don’t want to hear the latest gossip/marketing BS. Thanks...

Sorry, this thread is about the Quad Cortex so it is relevant. There are more than a few who would find it relevant and that's why it was posted. And If the Mod cares to remove it I can't stop him and don't have a say in that race anyway. :)

But, it was not done to upset anyone here! In fact, a few liked it.

• Relevant information on a product that is "tabbed" in the "Other Gear" section of the forum is not trolling. Like me, if you dont like it, dont read it.

@spikes did you just complain to the ndsp guy that this forum is cold to your copy-paste activity?

LOL

About his post? Yea I did that, explaining to them that there were a few people upset over a "relevant" post that was on topic. Glad you enjoyed it. ;)

• Relevant information on a product that is "tabbed" in the "Other Gear" section of the forum is not trolling. Like me, if you dont like it, dont read it.

About his post? Yea I did that, explaining to them that there were a few people upset over a "relevant" post that was on topic. Glad you enjoyed it. ;)

So you went on a forum and cried to the CEO of a company that some guys on another forum don’t like your posts?!

:D

• The notion that Neural plugins have been updated continuously since their inception... lol. The major update for most of them was that a tuner was added. They simply don't have the kind of history he's posturing as if they have of offering significant free updates, and so to "draw a hard line" based on that scant history is a head-scratcher to put it nicely.