Neural Quad Cortex

• Yes this is something i dont like! Why the hell the QC is still not on the market? The people are talking over 1 Year about this unit.

When you search it on the Thomann site then you can read that the QC arrives in 2 months. Not a cool thing.

I think Kemper and the rest now have enough time to put out great ne features to be on one line with the QC again. Hopefully Kemper is coming with an update für the Rig Manager so you can use 2 Amps at the same time! That would be interesting!

• I don't really understand how anyone could use more than one instrument into a single device live.

I mean, Helix supports this, Axe FX supports this ... I haven't seen such a setup ever in my life.

I understand this for vocals + guitar or for busking but for shows ...

I think for the rehearsal room it would be great! But maybe im really wrong !

• I don't really understand how anyone could use more than one instrument into a single device live.

I mean, Helix supports this, Axe FX supports this ... I haven't seen such a setup ever in my life.

Imagine a band flying to a festival with very little luggage allowance. You could theoretically have 2 guitarists and even a bass player running through one device.

It is unlikely for most bands, but possible.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

Actually this one of feature that's really interest me !! (the possibility to use it as my main soundcard too !!)

For my main live project, we are 2 and i need 1 guitare, 1 vocal and 1 electro-acoustic instrument (maybe asecond vocal or acoustic guitar in the future)

I will use midi automations to make all the changes and more for me but if I can also do it for the effects etc of the vocals and the electro-acoustic instrumen in this little things... well, would be nice.

I will certainly look at this piece of gear and how it grow !

• Hopefully Kemper is coming with an update für the Rig Manager so you can use 2 Amps at the same time! That would be interesting!

It has been said many times and ckemper him self has said it's not possible. Kemper 2 will most probably.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• The Axe-Fx III is available.

Yes but I guess he meant you can't go to a music store and buy one or on the net and order it and have it in less than a week like with anything music related stuff.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Sorry but when Ola is showing to switch different amps.....Ryth,Lead,Clean..... the kemper can do the same through the Performance Mode. Is the Kemper much slower with the changes?

Ola seems to be new to the scene of digital amps and discovers the blessing of seamless scene switching and multi instruments.

You better have friends that tell you that scene switching, seamless preset switching and spillover is known since a good decade. :)

• If the Kemper had the ability to do multiple instruments that would be really useful for me.

Examples:

My acoustic electric has a blended piezo/mic AND a completely separate magnetic soundhole pickup. It would be great to be able to process those completely separately and blend them.

My brother and I both play bass, so it would be great to be able to "Kemper" both of them at the same time without a whole separate unit for the bass.

• Ola seems to be new to the scene of digital amps and discovers the blessing of seamless scene switching and multi instruments.

You better have friends that tell you that scene switching, seamless preset switching and spillover is known since a good decade. :)

*giggle* Good catch, Mr CK.

These things have been around for longer than a decade. I have spillover on my Damage Control Glass Nexus. They called it Reverb/Delay Persist. Switching is also seamless.

Of course, Ola probably knew that. He's just trying to sell things.

• You’re right there. I just hadn’t considered it because the price is so high in the UK.

You're right, if the quad cortex kill the axe it will also be cause of his terrible distribution outside U.S, Fractal audio had to change that while ago cause the ridiculous price of the unit in europe and the no possibility to buy it in our favorite store is very dumb (imho).

I can't believe how unstrategic it is, maybe it was understandable at the very beginning when it was a little company but know ? (won't cry for them also...)

• *giggle* Good catch, Mr CK.

These things have been around for longer than a decade. I have spillover on my Damage Control Glass Nexus. They called it Reverb/Delay Persist. Switching is also seamless.

Of course, Ola probably knew that. He's just trying to sell things.

Sure!

I my statement was refering to digital guitar amps.

• You're right, if the quad cortex kill the axe it will also be cause of his terrible distribution outside U.S, Fractal audio had to change that while ago cause the ridiculous price of the unit in europe and the no possibility to buy it in our favorite store is very dumb (imho).

I can't believe how unstrategic it is, maybe it was understandable at the very beginning when it was a little company but know ? (won't cry for them also...)

Good point. Now with Brexit making EU purchases even more difficult, it would make sense to have a UK distributor. QC have managed it with Andertons.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Sure!

I my statement was refering to digital guitar amps.

Ah, right, Mr CK. Funny thing, my memory may not be 100% accurate, but I could have sworn even my trusty Boss GT-8 that I got in 2006 was pretty much seamless, in the sense that there wasn't an appreciable gap between patches.

In fact, I just confirmed it on some old Harmony Central thread. Mind you, I got the GT-8 towards the end of its lifecycle. I think the GT-10 that was out in 2008 was even faster.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thought I’d drop this off here as he mentions the Cortex as the “ new thing”.

He demonstrates brilliantly what can be done with, what sounds like a fairly basic profile, which I probably would have skipped.

It does help that he’s a killer guitarist, but there’s no doubting his tone.

Plenty of life in the ol keeper still!

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• And while we're at it, before whining about Kemper's "lack of accuracy" just check this out and look how pro's do profiling and refining. Everybody should shut up afterwards.

:)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• AMEN Ingolf,,, amen,,

enough already if you want one,,, go get it,,( oh thats right,,, you cant,, a year later) I'll hang with CK,,,He cured my gear lust 7 years ago,,,

I have never head of a tune going gold,, because the distortion pedal was captured so accurately,,,

IF all these folks put as much effort into music , as they do chasing gear,, maybe they could afford both!!!

As a Long time studio owner, I have seen first hand,,ALL gear, is only as good as the operator,,,

Like all the other suckers,,I signed up for their contest and got spammed to DEATH with plug in adds, had to Un subscribe,,just a marketing gimmick to harvest emails,,in 7 years this has NEVER happened with Kemper, They respect their clients,,

BTW,,,,If it takes this long to get it to market,, god forbid, you should need service on it,,,,,,or the cloud should go down,,and,, its NOT been road/gig tested,,lets see in a year from now, how it works,who is using it,,,which pros take it out and count on it, gig after gig,, LIKE the Kemper,,

Hoping for news from CK,,he will get my money,,,his Co. has earned my trust, completely,,