Neural Quad Cortex

• And while we're at it, before whining about Kemper's "lack of accuracy" just check this out and look how pro's do profiling and refining. Everybody should shut up afterwards.

:)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

amazing.

• CK,,,He cured my gear lust 7 years ago,,,

for sure :thumbup:.

...also: don't forget there is no need of tweaking yourself to death, any more - like I had in Helix days. That for me, at least, is the biggest plus of my Kempers. I claim that my playing and my creativity evolved since I do not waste time tweaking (btw I really don't understand people when say that they spend hours and hours trying to find good profiles. I find that so nuts. There are no good profiles that help with bad guitar playing).

Now, to be honest, I don't have a "real" need for another unit. But what is "need" after all. We mustn't overlook all those sexy, helpful and "pro" extras you could add and implement into a Kemper II. CK for me is a genius and he will decide wisely, if from a marketing/selling point of view it makes sense to implement those things from the feature request thread into a new Profiler generation - in times when other companies try to do the same. IMO, QC is only the beginning of new units that will be trying to capture real rigs or units that reduce "every rig" in great analog quality into one small Board (watch out for for Thomas Blug's AmpX, for example - yes, not exactly the same, not digital but you get the idea). Time will tell.

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

• I like the Kemper ON BOARD Pedals and Effects.....to capture a pedal would be never a reason to buy the QC!

Well, that would not be the only reason for sure.

You can capture many amps and mix them in series or parallel, for example.

Further more, Parallel Path in the KPA is really basic and doesn't allow for much versatility.

Also, I like the QC's ability to freely place fx before or post the amp(s).

I don't really understand how anyone could use more than one instrument into a single device live.

I mean, Helix supports this, Axe FX supports this ... I haven't seen such a setup ever in my life.

I understand this for vocals + guitar or for busking but for shows ...

Well, it depends on what kind of show... Not everything is RnR! The QC would be perfect for two guitars and two mics, for example. Also, there are instruments with multiple outputs, and the QC would come in handy.

Personally, I'd have no problems in sharing a processor with bandmate anyway :)

Yes this is something i dont like! Why the hell the QC is still not on the market? The people are talking over 1 Year about this unit. When you search it on the Thomann site then you can read that the QC arrives in 2 months. Not a cool thing.

I think we should give value to the fact that 2020 has been a horrible year for the whole world. Many people have been dying, many manufactures have been closed for months, the need to switch to remote working has indeed slowed down many processes... Ah, and there's a lack of availability for integrated circuits worldwide for related reasons.

Be sure NeuralDSP are more concerned than any of us about delays!

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• I think we should give value to the fact that 2020 has been a horrible year for the whole world. Many people have been dying, many manufactures have been closed for months, the need to switch to remote working has indeed slowed down many processes... Ah, and there's a lack of availability for integrated circuits worldwide for related reasons.

Be sure NeuralDSP are more concerned than any of us about delays!

Of course, it's been a terrible 2020 and no one can deny that. But Doug Castro from Neural DSP has said recently that manufacturing wasn't an issue and claimed that they had tons of units ready to ship. At this point it's all other stuff besides production that's the issue. And one of the only things 2020 really slowed down was that aspect of business. Other work can and should have been continued by other means just like everyone else was doing everywhere in the world lol.

But yeah, 2020 sucked brother! Lol I hope everyone here didn't have too terrible of a year and let's all hope 2021 is a better year :)

• Yep, he said they are working on consolidating the Cloud facility, which seems to be a critical part of their strategies. Apparently, it was not performing the way they want

That’s ridiculous! Working on firmware and the cloud one month before the promised release date and still hoping to meet it means he either is lying or he has no idea how software development works.

• That’s ridiculous! Working on firmware and the cloud one month before the promised release date and still hoping to meet it means he either is lying or he has no idea how software development works.

It is always hard to find the right balance. If the QC arrives with software issues, the list of complaints will go on forever. If it is delayed, so already see the results.

Personally, I would not have announced a year in advance. It is too long a lead up.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• And while we're at it, before whining about Kemper's "lack of accuracy" just check this out and look how pro's do profiling and refining. Everybody should shut up afterwards.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kaschko Not sure if this helps but these are pretty hi gain profiles...

• It is always hard to find the right balance. If the QC arrives with software issues, the list of complaints will go on forever. If it is delayed, so already see the results.

Personally, I would not have announced a year in advance. It is too long a lead up.

I'm not sure about that. I mean 98 pages on kemper forum, that's not bad for something not yet released.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I'm not sure about that. I mean 98 pages on kemper forum, that's not bad for something not yet released.

You are right...its a delicate balance to create interest and fervour vs annoying people who have ordered...There was a bit of that when Kemper mentioned the editor which became one of the longest threads on here.

Exactly! All the videos I have watched so far demonstrating the QC's capture feature never got as spot on to the original amp as this video.

I guess for the home users who want to capture their amps and don't want to spend the time refining to get it dead on the QC might be a good choice. Personally I don't have anything to profile/capture. I rely mostly on the commercial profiles out there. I want those profilers to be able to nail the amp as accurately as possible and the Kemper delivers the tools necessary to make that a reality.

At least for the capture/profile part of the QC, I see no reason for me to switch.

• Exactly! All the videos I have watched so far demonstrating the QC's capture feature never got as spot on to the original amp as this video.

I guess for the home users who want to capture their amps and don't want to spend the time refining to get it dead on the QC might be a good choice. Personally I don't have anything to profile/capture. I rely mostly on the commercial profiles out there. I want those profilers to be able to nail the amp as accurately as possible and the Kemper delivers the tools necessary to make that a reality.

At least for the capture/profile part of the QC, I see no reason for me to switch.

These guys are probably paid by kemper. Bea is paid by ndsp.

The problem is not that Bea’s profiles are not accurate. The problem is Bea’s captures don’t match the accuracy of the profiles in this video.

The uglier problem is that there is no wiggle room with the qc. No refine, no advanced parameters so it’s safe to say that the captures Bea produced are as good as they can get at the moment.

• The problem is not that Bea’s profiles are not accurate. The problem is Bea’s captures don’t match the accuracy of the profiles in this video.

The uglier problem is that there is no wiggle room with the qc. No refine, no advanced parameters so it’s safe to say that the captures Bea produced are as good as they can get at the moment.

This is such a strong and solid point.

Even the most accurate Captures i've heard so far, don't match this level of accuracy that the KPA can hit when time was taken to ensure Refining was done properly. Literally all it takes is Refining the Profile multiple times, each time focusing on different aspects of the tone that need to be Refined more, and making sure to play with a ton of different dynamics when Refining. So simple!:)

This difference in accuracy, along with the lack of ability to seperate Amp+Cab in full Captures, and the lack of tweakability (only Gain, B M, T) all make for a stripped down version of Profiling. The only advantage is that you can stack Captures and that's not a tipping point in comparison unless you're wanting to stack Captures of pedals or do complex routing (which will be a small percentage of the QC users). And the pedal Captures so far aren't very accurate. So I see that aspect being a "honeymoon phase" feature that people use once or twice and then end up using the OD's in the QC instead because they'll most likely sound better.

The amp modeling done by Neural DSP is good and everything. I've tried a good few of their plugins and compared them extensively with Profiles and even went to the length of using the same IRs to compare tones. The Kemper Profiles sounded richer and more lifelike to my ears every time. That's not to say NDSP's amp modeling is bad. I just prefer Kemper Profiles at this point. And it seems most people who are interested in the QC are mostly focused on the Capture aspect. But, most people don't/won't make their own Profiles/Captures, and tend to use 3rd party options.

One major thing a lot of people haven't considered is that the 3rd party Capture market will be extremely small and limited at the start and will take a good amount of time to steadily get anywhere close to a comparable amount of variety as the KPA Profile market has. And that seems like a drawback and step backwards considering how most people mainly use 3rd party Profiles and don't make their own Profiles.

All of that combined makes the QC seem like either a step down, or a step to the side. And if i'm gonna switch to anything else from the KPA, it will have to blow the KPA out of the water and it'll have to be a big step up in order to be worth the hassle of starting your tone library from scratch with the QC (considering most people sell one unit to go with another, or can't afford to own both), and to be worth waiting for the 3rd party Capture market to catch up.

I think most people got really excited about the touch screen and the AI marketing and the feature-set, without realizing that the unit isn't guaranteed right off the bat to be better than what you currently have just because it has some more cool features. If the fundamentals in the unit are a step down from your current hardware, is the switch really worth it? If you have an Axe FX or Kemper or Helix or Headrush or something, is it worth switching to a new unit that you'll basically be beta testing and working out what needs to be changed and smoothed out, and starting out with very limited options for Captures and the effects are only at their starting point? And on top of all of that, no one can even get one of these right now and no one knows when or if anyone will be able to get one lol. So idk how it's even an option in peoples minds right now when there are a ton of really well established and great units out there killing it right now hahaha

I'm not saying the QC will be a bad unit or anything like that. I actually think it has a ton of potential. But I think with how it's looking now, at launch the unit will really need some stuff worked out and some fundamental features tweaked to reach its potential. All i'm saying is right now, the QC is looking like a lateral move from the KPA or another modeler, and the cool features and UI and cool routing abilities don't outweigh the drawbacks right now. That's just my opinion though lol. (Sorry for the long post! haha :) I started listing off some of the QC's drawbacks and before I knew it, I had written a novel lolol:D)

I'm sure others feel differently and it's okay for all of us to have different opinions. I think for people considering switching, these points are extremely important to think about. And for people getting their first all in one unit, should really consider what features and aspects are most important to them and then go from there. And it's important to consider what is realistically available right now and in the near future.