Neural Quad Cortex

• pippopluto I get your points and they're valid points. I can see from a different POV, how you would feel that way.

When you're talking about the whole full rig Capture thing, there's literally no way to use IR's with a "full rig" (AMP+CAB) Capture, no matter what way you spin it. You can't turn off or swap out that Cab portion of the Capture if the Capture has a Cab in it to begin with. That's all I meant :)

Yeah, some Captures will be direct Amp Captures and you can use the QC's IR's or your own IR's with them. But not every Capture will be like that and the ones that aren't like that, you're stuck with a certain Cab and only a limited 3 band EQ and Gain to tweak. Unless you're making the Captures, you unfortunately don't have any control over what kind of Capture is made. This ultimately makes the full rig Captures much less flexible and usable to as many people aside from the Capture maker, and that was what uninformed people complained was the Kempers limitation. What people mistakenly thought was a huge limitation of the KPA (being stuck with a Profile at certain settings and not being able to tweak it or alter it much), will actually be a limitation for at least half of the Captures you'll come across. Especially since Doug has talked on TGP about how the Capture process captures the Cab in an Amp+Cab Capture really well and better than an IR. Much like how when Profiled, the Cab section sounds great and can sound better than an IR. So I can see at least half of the Captures being made, being full rig Captures to take advantage of using only 1 block to get results that are better than using an IR.

And you're right, the KPA took time to get a established 3rd party Profile market and to get a solid ecosystem for the KPA. And that will definitely happen with the QC too. The difference is, when the KPA came out, there weren't many other fully established other options on the market. Right now there are other solid options and it doesn't make much sense for people to switch to something that's more limited in some ways, just to get a few unnecessary flashy features. What does all that matter if there will barely be any Captures available at the start, half the Captures are basically stuck as is, and the Effects seem like they need some updating to be up to par with other units. I mean, the Headrush has a touchscreen and a bunch of cool user features and a great UI, but you don't see me ditching my Kemper for it:D because it's obviously not an upgrade. And in my opinion, it'll be the same lateral move to switch to the QC.

If someone has the money to own both units and they're adding to their collection of modelling units, that's one thing and I totally understand that. But switching to the QC instead of the Kemper or Helix or Axe FX III, doesn't make much sense to me because it seems like the drawbacks outweigh the positives right now. It doesn't mean it'll be bad. I actually think it'll be pretty good at the start and will probably get better. But it doesn't seem necessarily "better" than anything that's already out right now, and because of that, it seems like a side-step from other units that are well established.

Sorry for the novel, my friend!:) I think from a different perspective, you have some solid points. I'm not trying to slam the QC or anything like that. I'm just pointing out some important stuff to think about^^ Everyone is getting so caught up in the hype and the new features, they're overlooking some important fundamental things that will affect the experience with the QC more than I think people realize. As long as people are looking at things logically and analytically, it'll be easier to make an informed decision. It's all about what features are most important for you, and what aspects are most important to you. And as we've demonstrated, that varies a lot from person to person hahaha ^^;)

• QC is going to be awesome.

You guys being overly defensive about your KPA’s and nitpicking every little thing to avoid admitting that the KPA could use an update are going to miss out.

I personally don't see an update as an important factor. I'm happy as it is. It sounds awesome. The effects have been updated already and are very good too. I don't need anything else. Maybe a new guitar. I rather buy a new, or used, guitar than a qc or a kemper 2.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I see it more as defending the concept of being enthusiastic about a potential new technology that isn't from Kemper. This is the wrong place for this discussion IMO. I'm sure NQC have a forum or Facebook page.

• I see it more as defending the concept of being enthusiastic about a potential new technology that isn't from Kemper. This is the wrong place for this discussion IMO. I'm sure NQC have a forum or Facebook page.

Well I think vice versa. This is the right place(other gear sub forum) . But people here feel very unsafe when it comes to new technologies which, in fact, do not in any way change howKPA works or sound.

And I don't understand this attitude a bit.

• Well I think vice versa. This is the right place(other gear sub forum) . But people here feel very unsafe when it comes to new technologies which, in fact, do not in any way change howKPA works or sound.

And I don't understand this attitude a bit.

I don’t see how criticizing a product is a form of defensive behavior.

People have been criticizing the Helix, Headrush, AxeFx for years now and nobody saw that as defensiveness.

People even criticize the KPA on this forum a lot.

Taking personal offense over critique is just a sign of emotional immaturity and nothing else.

• I'm not taking Taking personal offense by anny comment here. IMHO QC is a new product and I'm interested how this will roll.

I believe that the Neural Network technology has great potential in many aspects related to data processing. And I support it. Hopefully QC will exploit this technology well enough to the benefit of users.

I can see the possibility of profiling black boxes combining different methods and stages of signal clipping. If this turns out to be successful, they will be one step ahead of the KPA.

I still have my KPA and I like it very much. I play it every day.

And no - nobody pays me for it. I just like the free market and technology competition.

This is called progress.

• Yes very strange and suspicious defend an unreleased product.

It is no stranger than those who attack and denigrate a new product without ever having put their hands and ears on it. Videos are "entertainment," and do some informing, but to take a stand for or against based on a few incomplete videos is near insanity.

You gotta have the right guns when you enter the town of tone. And please, shoot ALL fanboys you come across!

• Do you understand "IMO"?

Of course, but there's nothing subjective about the title of this section of the forum, which makes it explicitly clear what's appropriate(ie. other gear). If you're interested in discussions pertaining exclusively to the Kemper, you're in the wrong section.

• I find it disturbing and annoying that you act like the forum police. Are you in charge of telling other grown up people what opinion they're allowed to post here? Maybe you should just learn to accept other opinions ... in my opinion there is room for improvement. In other words, sometimes less is more.

• I find it disturbing and annoying that you act like the forum police.

Please do cite all of the posts you're referring to.

Maybe you should just learn to accept other opinions ... in my opinion there is room for improvement. In other words, sometimes less is more.

Again, the title of this section of the forum isn't subjective. Seriously, what do you think "Other Gear" means? Does the Quad Cortex qualify as "other gear"? If so, then how is it not appropriate to discuss it here?

• Got to love these forums. They would have nerfed a thread like this on any other manufacturers' site.

Still: settle down, guys. Competition is good for us as consumers. And yes, this is the "Other Gear" forum, please don't have this thrown into the "Drama Zone".

At the same time, as Aesop said, "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face." It's ridiculous to say how good something is without ever trying it in the first place.

As ridiculous as bashing the product without trying it, actually.

My thinking is simple. If it turns out the QC is indeed a next generation product, I will jump ship. If not, I won't.

No point squabbling about it like babies trying to talk up their toys /the toys they pre-ordered (glad I held off).

• I find it disturbing and annoying that you act like the forum police.

Yes, calling a spade a spade will cause that response... Even when the subject matter is "on topic" within the thread it resides in. Of course, that's my opinion too, so please "like lightbox suggests" look that up as well lol...

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• For the record I didn't mean this is the wrong part of the Kemper forum to discuss. I meant that this sort of thread about a competing product is likely to get ugly. I could be wrong...