Neural Quad Cortex

• Some people simply don't want their personal/proprietary core tones managed through and living on a corporate database. For people who are in to the cloud, the sharing, the tones living on Neural DSP's servers, no one is judging you for that. But it seems like the people who are fine with all that can't seem to let anyone else have a different perspective about it. Not sure why, because there are several obvious negative ways of looking at it that make perfect sense and will keep a lot of pros and producers off of the platform. Again, cheers to those who are all in.

• Everything I've read from Doug Castro indicates that you'll only be able to create and restore full backups with the desktop app. Management of individual captures and presets will have to be done through the cloud, which means you have to be connected to the internet. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against storing stuff in the cloud, but I at least want the option of keeping a local copy.

I keep local copies of all my profiles.

Yes, it looks sketchy information at best, which I guess is what worries you. I do keep local backups, although they would be everything on my Kemper or HX Stomp in one save.

To travel , I rely on a USB drive and keep a version online for backup. Maybe there will be a definitive statement in time, but I don't feel that limited by not being able to import/export individual files.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I don't see the difference though. Both devices can do direct profiles. And the cab can be added or switched on each? So why is this being typed as some revolutionary feature?

• I don't see the difference though. Both devices can do direct profiles. And the cab can be added or switched on each? So why is this being typed as some revolutionary feature?

How do you create cab profiles ( using a specific amp ) with the qc?

With Kpa you can accurately swap cabs between merged profiles. How do you achieve that with the qc?

• You can also do a full on capture of just the cab, which means cone distortion and other nonlinearities should be more accurately captured than a traditional IR. Also, that gives you BMT and Gain controls for the cab.

• Is this true?

Yes I believe so.

If I’m not mistaken, QC can do captures of:

- full rig

- preamp

- poweramp

- cab

- OD pedals

I understand that people are concerned that you can’t separate the cab from the amp in full rig captures like you can in the Kemper. But again, the Kemper just makes a best guess. It does a good job, but I rarely swap out cabs on the KPA so for me it’s not a big deal.

I will be doing direct captures my Pro Reverb and using those with the factory IR’s. I think it will sound quite good.

• Is this true?

Definitely true. In terms of the kemper, think of it as taking a direct profile of an amp paired with a full profile of a cabinet with a clean amp. You can do each of those individual profiles with the kemper, but you can't put them together like you can on the QC.

• Yes, it looks sketchy information at best, which I guess is what worries you. I do keep local backups, although they would be everything on my Kemper or HX Stomp in one save.

To travel , I rely on a USB drive and keep a version online for backup. Maybe there will be a definitive statement in time, but I don't feel that limited by not being able to import/export individual files.

I don't keep all of my profiles on the KPA for the purpose of simplifying things. I keep a lot of them stored locally in Rig Manager. However, there's absolutely no way I'd want to have to be connected to the internet to access my entire library 100% of the time. I don't know of any server that's 100% reliable and if my ISP is acting squirrely, I'd be shit out of luck. I can imagine the frustration of dealing with potential connection issues at a studio. If I want to send someone a profile or preset, it's easy. I don't have to look up their name and grant them access to the file using the front panel of my Kemper or Axe-Fx. The QC's method sounds like a pain in the ass. The whole thing's just dumb.

• I don't keep all of my profiles on the KPA for the purpose of simplifying things. I keep a lot of them stored locally in Rig Manager. However, there's absolutely no way I'd want to have to be connected to the internet to access my entire library 100% of the time. I don't know of any server that's 100% reliable and if my ISP is acting squirrely, I'd be shit out of luck. I can imagine the frustration of dealing with potential connection issues at a studio. If I want to send someone a profile or preset, it's easy. I don't have to look up their name and grant them access to the file using the front panel of my Kemper or Axe-Fx. The QC's method sounds like a pain in the ass. The whole thing's just dumb.

I also move profiles in and out of the Kemper and my disk, and I really prefer that to any other options. I do this for my Kemper and Axe as well.

It does seem, from the QC portion of the Neural forum. that an Internet connection is NOT required to run and use the QC, just to store or retrieve items. See link below. Want just change my QC purchase decision.

https://unity.neuraldsp.com/t/…-all-files-from-qc/3792/3

You gotta have the right guns when you enter the town of tone. And please, shoot ALL fanboys you come across!

• You may as well be renting the unit from them with these limitations put on who stores your files.

This is a software mentality that has been transferred over to hardware. It’s not a business model I would ever buy into.

They lost my interest with the omission of a euro socket to power the thing.

• I don’t know how many more ways ColdFrixion can tell us that the QC is not for him because of file management. But it’s clear to me that he’s very certain we all need to know how he feels about it.

• I don’t know how many more ways ColdFrixion can tell us that the QC is not for him because of file management. But it’s clear to me that he’s very certain we all need to know how he feels about it.

Almost as many ways as you say it’s for you. :) It’s ok to have other opinions last time I checked.

What are you talking about? All but one of my recent posts on the topic has been a reply to comments addressed to me. The only unsolicited comment I posted was in regards to an analogy someone made comparing Apple to NDSP in which I stated that even Apple allows users to manage their own files.

As far as I'm concerned he is right and should bring it up every chance until their stupid Cloud service is an option and not a requirement. You are not required to use the local option, but it should be given.

You gotta have the right guns when you enter the town of tone. And please, shoot ALL fanboys you come across!