Neural Quad Cortex

• IRs map the static frequency response of a cab.

A profile captures the response of a speaker to volume and the interaction with the power amp as well. Not really the same ...

There is also the influence the amp used to make the IR has on the sound. Nothing is neutral.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• There is a future money-maker; change the Neural Cloud to be a subscription service with varying levels of cost based on the storage space you use.

Well, we don't have info about that yet tho. We are acting as if we had just discovered a big conspiracy... I don't know about NDSP's plan, but this doesn't sound fair to me :)

a direct profile of an amp paired with a full profile of a cabinet with a clean amp

As other pointed out, there's a specific interaction between any given power amp an cab tho. It's not (only) a matter of how much "neutral" is the amp: every cab will make an am sound in a specific way depending on the cab's impedance curve (module and phase).

On stacking Captures: Might be handy if you can capture a pedal and then stack it, but we'll have to wait and see if the system works as advertised.

They published demos about that already. Pete Thorne IIRC.

Sounded legit to me.

I'd just be surprised if the QC's full rig captures did not allow you to separate the cab from the amp. That would seem like a step down from the Kemper's amp+cab modus operandi.

I believe the QC's mind flow is different. Think more like a modeller where some components are captured. If you start thinking like a Fractal user you'll see the potential.

In general, no unit on the market does everything others do, and while Studio profiles are something great, the possibility to stack captures looks great as well to me.

No reason to believe the QC will be intrinsically inferior overall IMO.
    :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• Replied within quote.

• A profile captures the response of a speaker to volume and the interaction with the power amp as well. Not really the same ...

I'm not sure you are aware what you are talking abot. Profile take only interaction of the speeaker and the amp in an given amp volume. It will be the same with QC. The only difference is that KPA wil know with use of some calculatiuon between DI and studio profile how the cab interact with the amp. But In my opinion it just can do a better separation then between CAB and AMP than in a ordinary studio profile. But this information is usless when you will change the cab. Or in another words it will act as not intended with different cab.

• I'm not sure you are aware what you are talking abot. Profile take only interaction of the speeaker and the amp in an given amp volume. It will be the same with QC. The only difference is that KPA wil know with use of some calculatiuon between DI and studio profile how the cab interact with the amp. But In my opinion it just can do a better separation then between CAB and AMP than in a ordinary studio profile. But this information is usless when you will change the cab. Or in another words it will act as not intended with different cab.

Not sure if you are aware that both of them send amplitude ( volume ) sweeps as well as frequency sweeps when capturing an amp while an IR is a static frequency map.

Also merged profiles have an accurate separation of the cab part which just works ...

• Not sure if you are aware that both of them send amplitude ( volume ) sweeps as well as frequency sweeps when capturing an amp while an IR is a static frequency map.

Also merged profiles have an accurate separation of the cab part which just works ...

Yep, you can achive the same when you turn your AMP volume down. More - you can capture AMP distortion and CAB distortion when you turn you AMP volume to max level . This is what KPA can not do. Please read the PDF.

https://www.researchgate.net/p…er-Hammerstein-Models.pdf

• In my opinion, the entire CAB Driver is only important when separating the cab and preamplifier EQ. With the modular approach to capturing/profiling, it makes no sense because it results from the process itself. If you want profile different cab with different amps it should results with the same amp/cab interactions + nonlinear behavior of the amp/cab. Kpa wll profile your cab at low level sweep without nonlinear part.

• For me, the ability to separate the amp and cab in full captures is a feature I'd want. I realize CabDriver only approximates the separation between amp and cab in KPA profiles, but I routinely mix and match amps and cabs between different studio profiles.

• For me, the ability to separate the amp and cab in full captures is a feature I'd want. I realize CabDriver only approximates the separation between amp and cab in KPA profiles, but I routinely mix and match amps and cabs between different studio profiles.

Same here.

This feature is also most useful if I want to subtract the cab portion of the profile on the monitor out in order to have my guitar cab with me for monitoring purposes.

• Same here.

This feature is also most useful if I want to subtract the cab portion of the profile on the monitor out in order to have my guitar cab with me for monitoring purposes.

I think you could still do that with the QC. Create one capture of the whole amp to feed the FOH. Create another direct capture of just the amp and feed that to a power amp and then to a cab on the stage.

I guess being able to capture the amp alone would also work, since you could always add an IR block after the amp to feed the FOH.

• I think you could still do that with the QC. Create one capture of the whole amp to feed the FOH. Create another direct capture of just the amp and feed that to a power amp and then to a cab on the stage.

I guess being able to capture the amp alone would also work, since you could always add an IR block after the amp to feed the FOH.

I know this (and actually I outlined this procedure a few posts above) but I can only do this if I make the capture myself.

As for the many 3rd party captures that will flood the cloud soon one can only hope that most of the creators will follow this convention and make a "double" capture (one full and one sans cab).

• I know this (and actually I outlined this procedure a few posts above) but I can only do this if I make the capture myself.

As for the many 3rd party captures that will flood the cloud soon one can only hope that most of the creators will follow this convention and make a "double" capture (one full and one sans cab).

And there's absolutely no guarantee that the two amp profiles will be the same which in itself might cause phasing issues....

• I know this (and actually I outlined this procedure a few posts above) but I can only do this if I make the capture myself.

Just speculation at this point. We'll have to see how Capture creators go about it. I'm pretty sure they will have similar thinking as most of us, especially the commercial creators.

I noticed on Neural's Instagram page that they are now issuing notices to people who pre-ordered to make payment. The devices should be going out soon.

I'll probably wait for a while, but I am indeed intrigued by the device enough to perhaps order one somewhere down the line. Might be fun to integrate it with the Kemper, as it could probably serve as a midi controller as well.