Neural Quad Cortex

• Yeah we all want similar but different flavours.

I play in the day fairly often at festivals and so do many artists ( not that I'm any kind of artist ha!). I don;t change that much on the fly either but when I do, its better high up than on the floor, hence why I prefer the rack.

I've run my KPA for nearly 7 years now and not had one OS failure, including beta's, but this only means Kemper has a head start. Arguably every new release carries this risk and nothign to suggest the QC is anything but stable.

None of these are real showstoppers, just preferences. The biggest thing for me is built in amp, but that's the same for the Stage hence why the powered rack is for me.

• I heard that Neural are going to use their Neural Engine inside the QC to play the guitar for you....

Whattt? I have to play the Guitar by my own? Shame on the Quad Cortex!

Thanks for the Info! And yes the BEST QC Discussion is only here :D

• #11: Volume matching. I for one am always fidgeting with the gain settings. On the QC (presumably) and every other preset based multi effects/all in one product in the history of guitar, if you adjust the gain, you have to adjust to volume to compensate. If you don't do it correctly, you will have volume jumps when you switch from preset to preset. KPA is the only product that I'm aware of that you can play with the gain on individual rigs to your heart's content and never have a change in volume (assuming you've set the clean sens correctly for your guitar pickups) This feature is convenient in any situation, but particularly in live situations.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• #11: Volume matching. I for one am always fidgeting with the gain settings. On the QC (presumably) and every other preset based multi effects/all in one product in the history of guitar, if you adjust the gain, you have to adjust to volume to compensate. If you don't do it correctly, you will have volume jumps when you switch from preset to preset. KPA is the only product that I'm aware of that you can play with the gain on individual rigs to your heart's content and never have a change in volume (assuming you've set the clean sens correctly for your guitar pickups) This feature is convenient in any situation, but particularly in live situations.

Ahh yes. Thanks for the edit! You are right, this is a very nice feature for live.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He says in the comments that he didn't refine the profile. That sound is wayyy off.

• In my opinion, it is not a well-done video. He did'n do profile refining(after Guido's video I think it is important step ) and set definition parameter without checking against AMP sound. I must admit that QC came out pretty close.

Well I only heard too much of everything and think it shouldn’t be a prop to do this with any kind of gear. I would dare to say even my Korg Pandorra could mimic such sound ? Even Lasse Lammert showed he can nearly achieve same results with High End Amps and a 100 bucks no name pedal.

The strength of today’s units should be dynamic and not only full throttle. In terms of dynamic the Video of ToneJunkie also was ok but not something that made me wanting it as it lacked something. In a bunch of years when the QC maybe kept up with what we already have it could be great though but we do not know yet. ..

The question is: Will they then bring out a great Kone as well to provide the same aitr-sound we can currently get? Named „Coned“...
    And for sure there will be more to get from Kemper. Maybe a single pedal device for people liking fuzz and distortion pedals as perfect addition to the Kemper, maybe high grade pickups especially designed for the Kemper ... and to jump on a fast train will be difficult for others.

So yet a new toy in town and pretty sure there will be buyers as with other gear.

• Something is seriously wrong. The frequency response of the Kemper profile was way off and it sounded a lot different before he even touched the Definition parameter. The profile almost sounds like a completely different amp.

• Maybe the Quad is better when its about Profiling/Capturing, but this guy really didnt do the refining and his answer for this is this:

In my experience, refining may work well for some low gain profiles, but not for hi gain profiles.

So in my opinion thats not true! Look what Guidorist did with refining.

Beside this the Profiling and Capturing is not the biggest reason to buy a Kemper or an QC. In the Kemper you have a lot of more options to tweak your sound....Clarity, Tube Shape, Tube Bias, and so on and on.And the Output Menu from the Kemper is to good for me.

Maybe all that stuff is coming in the future for the QC. We will see!

• What is interesting/worrying here is most people want to get to "the" sound quickly.

The initial profile sounded off straight away, which is odd as not heard this before.

The QC does well for a faff free capture if all was equal...