Neural Quad Cortex

• You Kemper super fans are a riot lol.

There is no way to tell diddly squat from two amps with the gain on 1 Billion.

Those sounds, regardless of where they come from, are completely lacking in dynamics.

• I have to agree here.

Whilst I'm happy the KPA gives a good showing in this test ( although not listened to it all), I have to apply the same logic I have previously which is...these videos are becoming less important. The differences are incremental...

We know both the KPA and QC can produce great sounds - that seems to be a given.

So one video says QC is better, another says KPA...set up will play a bigger part...also at this level better is subjective etc.

Its like having a drag race between a Corvette and Mustang...both are fast and that close in performance, the driver is a bigger factor ( conscious I've opened up the "Chevy vs Ford" debate for our America friends).. :)

The bigger factor for me is that the KPA is still up there..

• Jarrod doesn’t pretend he’s not all about hi-gain metal, so glad Kemper had a great showing

I’m hopin somebody will do a blind clean to crunch shootout

In the meantime ,according to my guy at Sweetwater, my QC is supposed to ship this week

Those sounds, regardless of where they come from, are completely lacking in dynamics.

Hearing somebody else's recording, maybe (but then again the same probably holds also for cleans and edge-of-breakup).

But I've now had the QC for over 3 weeks and, I'm sorry, but the KPA wins hands down. It just sounds and feels much better. To be honest, so far the only thing I found to be better on the QC is the delays.

I pretty much agree.

But to be fair, how much can really be learned about dynamics from the youtube videos in general (even with lower gain tones)?

The micd tone we are hearing from the Kemper, QC or even a real amp is going to sound completely different from how its sounding in the room through the cab. Not to mention youtube adds compression to all of its videos.

I generally don't put too much stock in them. I suppose its still worth it to watch these to hear the opinions of the people in the videos who have been able to compare the units. But unfortunately, the only way to tell which is better is to actually have both of the units.

• If Kemper releases a new device with a modern UI and faster convertors/lower latency a la RME it’s game over.

It's my wet dream. If they really took what they have, added UI/IO/routing of the QC (and improved, cause trust me it's far from perfect atm) I'd get it in a heartbeat.

(Oh, and a *serious* looper. Jeez, I can't even adjust the volume of the loop in this one, c'mon :rolleyes:)

• If Kemper releases a new device with a modern UI and faster convertors/lower latency a la RME it’s game over.

I say a prayer every night that Mr Kemper is up to something just as you said, My old eyes cant see the screen even with reading glasses,what I would not give for a big color touch screen on a kemper,, oh well,, Ill go throw some cold water in my face and get back to songwriting,,

• I say a prayer every night that Mr Kemper is up to something just as you said, My old eyes cant see the screen even with reading glasses,what I would not give for a big color touch screen on a kemper,, oh well,, Ill go throw some cold water in my face and get back to songwriting,,

If all Christoph has to do is slap a nice big touchscreen, a small case with USB recording and some extra horsepower to offer dual amps, he's going to comfortably sit atop the modelling world in an Iron Throne for another decade ?

• Hearing somebody else's recording, maybe (but then again the same probably holds also for cleans and edge-of-breakup).

But I've now had the QC for over 3 weeks and, I'm sorry, but the KPA wins hands down. It just sounds and feels much better. To be honest, so far the only thing I found to be better on the QC is the delays.

Really, this is the kind of information I find the most useful.

When I was lugging around my VHT tube amp rig with a pedal board and decided to start looking into what digital had come up with, the reviews that sold me were OTHER boutique tube amp users that switched to a KPA. I knew those amps and the kinds of guitar players that put out the kind of cash such a tube amp rig costs. If those people were convinced, that was the most important thing in my book.

I will withhold judgement on the QC until they are widely available in the wild and many KPA, Axe III Fx, and high end tube amp users have given their opinions.

Nothing like "the wild" to put a product to the test.

Did you watch the video, or at least the ending when the results are tallied? There were two different score categories. One was for tone. However, the other was for feel. The KPA won, unanimously, in both metrics. A 3rd-party listener doesn't have to be able to discern between tones. The testers, who are all gigging guitarists, unanimously scored the KPA the winner in terms of dynamics/feel in this non-biased, blind A/B test.

• I was intrigued about Neural's concept (and to be honest I still am). But so far I am happy I haven't made the mistake of having almost sold one of my stages that sit on two different boards for one QC. Let's see what future FW updates will do with it. I think, for me, it is better to wait for Kemper II in 2023. :)

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio