Saving volume changes

• Howdy all. I'm going through (lets say) 5 rigs that I like and I want them to all be at the same volume to feed FOH. So looking at the input level on the sound board, I adjust each one to be hitting at 0dB. (main output is fixed at -18dB)

Then I do a "save as" and re-save the profile, supposedly with the change in volume. However, when I switch back and forth, the volumes for each rig go back to their original level (which is too loud).

Any way i can re-save with an adjusted rig volume to where I want it? I don't want to be adjusting with my FOH guy when I change rigs at a gig.

Thanks!

• which volume are you adjusting on the kemper?

it is definitely easy to set the volume of each rig individually and save these so it sounds like either

a) you are adjusting the master volume instead of the rig or amp volume.

b) there is a but in the version of the OS you are running

c) save as is creating a new rig but you still have the original rig loaded rather than just saving the changes to the existing rig.

• Maybe you have to "Store" the changes in the KPA , not in the computer ?? :/

I don´t have the latest OS or RigManager / Editor so I´m not sure how to

do it , but if you do your changes on the KPA and press "Store" it works

without problems :)

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Saving in RM is probably not going to work at the moment, if you are using the current beta version of RM, so saving in the KPA is best.
    When you adjust the rig volume in the KPA and save (press Store 3 times), is it storing your volume changes at all, or reverting to the original volume?

• From the Kemper Manual :

Use the STORE button, on the left side of the display, to save any changes you have made to a module, Rig, Slot, preset, or Performance. Store allows you to save changes to the permanent memory.

Pressing Store in Browser Mode will offer you three different options via the soft buttons: Replacewill overwrite the currently selected Rig with the new version while keeping the original name, Store aswill save the Rig under a new name and won't delete the original Rig. Renamewill allow you to change the name of the current Rig.

If you press the STORE button with a module or section in focus, you have the option to either save a preset of that specific module or section, or to save the entire Rig. If you decide to store a preset you will have the same options to “Replace, “Store as, or “Rename.

Cheers !

• So I figured it out. Apparently it was storing a new version with my volume changes with the same name (i never did a save as, only a save). So when I was going through favorites, I had 3 or 4 versions of the same amp- only one was with my change, so I deleted the other copies in RM. All is good!

• Yeah , a bit confusing, to say the least :wacko:

But there´s a "date and time print" to the new savings , right ?

Don´t know where to find them in the KPA though .....

Maybe in Rig manager .... Haven´t checked :/

I always add a " .1 " Or "Mod." ( Modified ) to a altered rig

when "Save as" ....

But not when it´s only volume related ....... :)

Cheers !

• ah!

that is probably the single most confusing and annoying thing about the Kemper. I have no idea why they thought (and still seem to think) that it was a good idea to allow users to save as many rigs as they want all with the same name ?

I want to like that post - but then again - not really. Also have no idea :) - must be some technical limitation deep within the architecture.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Well , let´s say it´s "a freedom of choice" .....

If I want 8 copies of a rig with the same name,

it´s up to me , not Kemper 8o

Imagine if it was like "Copy 1" "Copy 2" "Copy 3"

by default and no way to change it :wacko:

Cheers !

• ah!

that is probably the single most confusing and annoying thing about the Kemper. I have no idea why they thought (and still seem to think) that it was a good idea to allow users to save as many rigs as they want all with the same name ?

If you 're totally relying on Kemper it can be annoying but IHMO you are responsable for saving your rigs under a certain name. I find it useful to compare rigs after a slight change and add a number to it before saving.

So I get Alive 1, Alive 2, Alive 3... and then I try all of them which sounds best. ... You can try this with volume changes too.