Kemper Rack vs Head

• Hi,

So I've just aquired a Kemper rack and thought i'd just copy and paste my performaces over from my head version.

I also changed the input section so they matched, as well as outputs.

However, the rack sounds very different (bad), so I'm wondering if theres something I overlooked that is causing this.

Thanks for any help

• rather than copying the rigs I would do a full backup which includes OS and restore the backup on the rack version. That way you should have an exact copy of both devices.

I think this is what I'm going to do, thanks for replying

• The more I read these type posts the more I am convinced that not all Kempers are created equal. I have a powerhead rack and no matter how hard I try I can't get it to sound as good as most of the videos I see on Youtube. I have tried fourteen different guitars and it still makes no difference.

• The more I read these type posts the more I am convinced that not all Kempers are created equal. I have a powerhead rack and no matter how hard I try I can't get it to sound as good as most of the videos I see on Youtube. I have tried fourteen different guitars and it still makes no difference.

I’ve owned two random KPAs - an unpowered toaster and a powered head. In side by side comparisons through studio monitors and a PA,, they sounded identical.

Regardless of the amount (or lack of) post-Kemper audio processing done by the person who posted the video, the audio in YouTube videos is ALWAYS post-processed after being uploaded. So, it will probably not sound exactly like any KPA played through the same speakers used to listen to the video.

Everything makes a difference, not just the axe.

Amp, cab, FRFR, headphones, volume, setup, PA, etc.

• I’ve owned two random KPAs - an unpowered toaster and a powered head. In side by side comparisons through studio monitors and a PA,, they sounded identical.

Regardless of the amount (or lack of) post-Kemper audio processing done by the person who posted the video, the audio in YouTube videos is ALWAYS post-processed after being uploaded. So, it will probably not sound exactly like any KPA played through the same speakers used to listen to the video.

Agreed. Listening to amp demos on Youtube is like taste-testing a single-malt scotch by watching a cooking show.