First Gig with Kemper!!!

• Playing the backline guitar for Mariel Ramos was an awesome experience. She is so talented and a great singer. Was also the first time I took my new Kemper Amp out live. Armed with only the Kemper + my Epiphone ES335 copy - the tone combo was amazing - I used Uwe's 1960's era Vox AC30 clean amp profile, turned the gain down just a bit, put a bit of tape delay and air chorus on the patch and - yummm - no speakers on stage - just the monitor. I may invest in a "Hot Spot" monitor going forward - but thumbs up to Christop Kemper!!! (and Uwe - I love that tone Uwe - thanks for sharing).
    cheers :love:

edited: I also want to add that when I walked into the venue - the sound man asked "Where's your amp" and I said "right here (pointing to Kemper)" - "what the heck is that thing (laughs...) and where do I mic it". I said - "no mic - I am here to make your life easier" Soundman "yea...right ...how do you hear it...you need a speaker!!!" Me "feed it thru my monitor..it's like those other guy's who come in here with Line 6 - BUT this will sound much better, less work for you at the board-but it is an experimental solution". Soundman "I think you should get your amp - we'll turn it around so it doesn't project off stage" Me -"No give me two feeds to the board, I have an amp as backup in case the Kemper goes belly up" soundman" this is NOT A TIME TO EXPERIMENT!!!!" Me "gotta do it some time Frank!" soundman laughing at my Kemper "so ...errr you got your dinner in there?" - Me :"Yep!!! and lots of really sweet deserts"

After the show the soundman came up to me (along with a few other people and the Pastor) "WoW Great tone - love the colors you brought to the performance...." I rest my case

Please fix any problems that have been posted on this site regarding Dead Kempers and freezing becasue I really want to use this forever!!!! :thumbup: 8o

Edited 2 times, last by blund69 ().

• Same experience here. We played a jazz/blues gig (quartet) in a bar a couple of weeks ago. The place was small and we had to keep volume low so I've taken just my old, trusty Marshall Keyboard Amp (50W SS, made in '88 ) for monitoring. At the end of the show another (old) player comes to me to congratulate for the sound and to say that "nothing can substitute a good old tube amp for tone, BTW...what is that funny stuff on top of it?". :D :D :D You should have seen his face when I told him the truth... :D :D :D

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Same experience here. We played a jazz/blues gig (quartet) in a bar a couple of weeks ago. The place was small and we had to keep volume low so I've taken just my old, trusty Marshall Keyboard Amp (50W SS, made in '88 ) for monitoring. At the end of the show another (old) player comes to me to congratulate for the sound and to say that "nothing can substitute a good old tube amp for tone, BTW...what is that funny stuff on top of it?". :D :D :D You should have seen his face when I told him the truth... :D :D :D

Hilarious!! :D:D

• Could not find the UWE Vox profiles on Rig Exchange. Am I missing something? I am looking for some good AC30 tones. Like the Kemper stock ones, but a little dark...any help would be great. Thanks.

Kemperfan

• Could not find the UWE Vox profiles on Rig Exchange. Am I missing something? I am looking for some good AC30 tones. Like the Kemper stock ones, but a little dark...any help would be great. Thanks.

It is a stock rig from Uwe Bossert

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff