Fast ticking through IEM's using high gain rig

• Love my stage unit so far but was playing this morning in our church and noticed a fast (electrical?) clipping sound while playing through a high gain profile that was audible to the rest of the band as well. The rest of the profiles were fine. I say electrical because it sounded as though one external cord crossing over another has produced a similar sound. Any thoughts?

• Ground Loop ? Try the ground lift switches on the back panel.

Is it there even with the guitar volume turned off? If not it could be simple

interference. Move the guitar around to find the source then stay away from it.

Are you using any digital gear on the same pedal board? Digital pedals without fully isolated power supplies can also be a cause of a ticking noise.

There may be other possible causes but those are the three big ones.

• Love my stage unit so far but was playing this morning in our church and noticed a fast (electrical?) clipping sound while playing through a high gain profile that was audible to the rest of the band as well. The rest of the profiles were fine. I say electrical because it sounded as though one external cord crossing over another has produced a similar sound. Any thoughts?

which version of the operating system are you running on your STAGE? Please make sure to install the latest release 7.1.5. Your description sounds like an issue that happened in a very early 7.0x version.

• Thanks guys really appreciate the help. I'll check the ground switches as suggested and yes, my cell phone is in my back pocket. The more I think about it it does seem to be caused by an external source. My unit was delivered in October so I assumed it had the latest OS but will verify. I too am a reformed Mesa Lonestar addict but am recovering nicely with the stage. Again thank you

• Downloaded and installed the latest (7.1.5) version and noticed what I perceived to be a problem resolved. The unit now does not power up when first plugged in, but with the power button which I'm a lot more comfortable with. One other question has to do with editing an individual rig in performance mode. I find that I can successfully edit the sound as I want but when I lock it in and store it it affects all of the rigs on that individual channel. I have searched the manual as well as the videos out there but can't seem to find a tutorial that addresses saving an edited rig. (Probably there just missing it) Any help? Thank you in advance!