NAMM 2020

• Well the price is acceptable, will more then likely be getting one, can’t wait to hear some demo’s.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Although I am quite thrilled about the new Cab and Kone, I think that the price tag of the Kone is a little steep. Considering that the base is a Celestion K12-200 (89 Euro), I am wondering about the differences.

• I don't want to get into the whole "tube watts" vs "ss watts" thing but if the speaker is rated at 200w, it should be fine. Or buy the 16ohm version if it's that much of a concern

Someone has already blown some cabs with the power KPA :p
    Usually. you want to be extra careful in not putting something perspectively "dangerous" in the hands of the average user.
    I am not aware of 1x12" guitar cabinets rated for 600 W. Single, clean notes may be risky, specially with a high-dynamic PU and instrument.

Also, we were talking about Kemper empowering a future version of the Kabinet, not about a user buying a Kone in order to assemble their own cab ;)

The company that makes the power amp have many different options based on wattage. I'm sure the 600 watt isn't the only one available for this active cab.

Sure. Also, no need to choose the same brand. Class-D amps have gone far since 2010, with many new interesting technologies.

How can it work with the stage???

You need a power amp, with this specific version.
    it seems a no-brainer to offer an active one soon, since the passive KPAs park outnumbers the actives' and they might want to give Stage users good reasons for buying a Kabinet as well w/o having to complicate their rigs.

Although I am quite thrilled about the new Cab and Kone, I think that the price tag of the Kone is a little steep. Considering that the base is a Celestion K12-200 (89 Euro), I am wondering about the differences.

Well, reasons may be several. Celestion might be applying an overprice over custom versions sold by third-parties; also, the production lots are probably smaller, resulting in a higher price per-unit. Then, add Kemper's expenses (packaging, storage, customer care etc) and profit.

In terms of differences, Kabinet is designed to fully take advantage of the cone modelling offered in the next/new KAOS, plus it can sound linear (when properly driven by KPA's DSP) if you want to use a Studio profile.

Think of it as a GRFR able to be driven FRFR by the Profiler.

My comprehension is that the Celestion (H) is born as a flat cone, while the Kone (K) is milder in its response (it is driven to linearity by the KPA's DSP) and with a narrower diffusion pattern to get more of that "AITR" feel.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• I found the Kone prototype from the Namm 2019 more beautiful. It could be stacked nicely. The handle on the top looks nice, but is totally impractical, so you can't put the KPA Head on the box :(

Are there any real news? Kone and Editor were already introduced last year at Namm.

Fender Am. Strat Standard | Fender Elite Standard | Ibanez AZ 2204 | Gibson Les Paul Standard | Suhr Standard Plus | Epiphone ES-335 Lim. Ed. |

Kemper Stage | Kemper Kone | Line6 HX Stomp | Strymon Sunset | Line 6 Relay G30 |

LD Systems U500 InEar | Behringer X32 Compact

SKEEN - Join The Revolution In Screen Protection