NAMM 2020

• I found the Kone prototype from the Namm 2019 more beautiful. It could be stacked nicely. The handle on the top looks nice, but is totally impractical, so you can't put the KPA Head on the box :(

Are there any real news? Kone and Editor were already introduced last year at Namm.

:) Another product I've been using lately is Thomas Blug's BluGuitar Amp-1 Iridium edition.

One of many cool things about that amp is that he built it with a little scooped out portion of the body so it fits on cab's with handles. Nice little design touch.

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago

• Yes....I run the first beta of the editor and has done so ever since it was released, but I’m not interested in more betas, since I see a lot of people with different issues. I have no real issues now and don’t need to upgrade the editor until it’s finished. So, that’s why I asked if there were any news about the release of the finished editor.

• are they intending the Kone to go into your own ‘flat’ cabinet or are the saying, because they can make it sound like a real guitar speaker, that it will work well in a real guitar cabinet? Logic would say that the acoustic sim would work better in a flat cab but for the actual guitar shapes?

Yep, the Kone is meant for installation in other cabinets. Keep in mind it sounds more like a FRGR than a traditional guitar mid-woofer (after all, it's not a simple woofer). Think more along the line of an LG-12. So it would make acoustics sound better than any guitar-specific cab.

Nevertheless, as I wrote, if someone is after linearity, the cab's body matters...

If Kemper doesn't release a powered version soon I'm sure it won't be long before one of the usual suspects creates a powered 'ready for Kone' cab

Weird enough indeed, Stage being their most recent product. Time might be able to tell?

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• If the kone speaker and software mimic specific speakers, it doesn’t act as a frfr, where you would send the cabinet sim to the frfr as you would direct to FOH? You would still have to treat it as a regular guitar cab and turn the cab sim off going to the kone and use the kone software to to mimic the speaker you use as the cab sim in the rig that goes to FOH? Or am I missing something.

• Has anyone heard if the speaker virtualizations will be available to all users? I mean, surely there's not a hardware dongle that only lets you use them with the Kabinet/Kone, right? I've got a pretty flat powered FRFR that I'd like to try them on first before I pull the trigger on the new cab and speaker.

• If the kone speaker and software mimic specific speakers, it doesn’t act as a frfr, where you would send the cabinet sim to the frfr as you would direct to FOH? You would still have to treat it as a regular guitar cab and turn the cab sim off going to the kone and use the kone software to to mimic the speaker you use as the cab sim in the rig that goes to FOH?

This is my comprehension too. But it's irrelevant, no? Whatever procedure is required...

Has anyone heard if the speaker virtualizations will be available to all users? I mean, surely there's not a hardware dongle that only lets you use them with the Kabinet/Kone, right? I've got a pretty flat powered FRFR that I'd like to try them on first before I pull the trigger on the new cab and speaker.

Yep, I don't think the KPA will "sense" the cabinet. You'll be certainly able to use your favourite cab, provided than the sounds have been optimised for the Kabinet response and might sound different on a different system.

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• It's a second day od NAMM and no video/presentation of Kemper Kabinet? Or am I missing it somewhere?

Nope, missing anything, doing my head in too, maybe tomorrow ?

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Sweet! I hope it is everything it claims to be, anxious for some reviews. A Kabinet and some kind of external amp will be a definite buy for me. Been holding off on an FRFR until this hit the wild.

• Yes....I run the first beta of the editor and has done so ever since it was released, but I’m not interested in more betas, since I see a lot of people with different issues. I have no real issues now and don’t need to upgrade the editor until it’s finished. So, that’s why I asked if there were any news about the release of the finished editor.

Software is so difficult to predict when it’ll be ‘ready’.

My 100% guess is that both the OS and Editor will exit beta before the Kone ships.

The Kone requires the new OS, so a new product with beta OS doesn’t make a lot of sense. As I said, total guess.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Has anyone heard if the speaker virtualizations will be available to all users? I mean, surely there's not a hardware dongle that only lets you use them with the Kabinet/Kone, right? I've got a pretty flat powered FRFR that I'd like to try them on first before I pull the trigger on the new cab and speaker.

From what I understand, you can plug it into anything and use the speaker imprints. But the Kabinet is not a FRFR cabinet, it is a speaker that works with the algorithm in the Kemper which makes it behave as one. Therefore the results may be quite unpredictable into another speaker.

• If the kone speaker and software mimic specific speakers, it doesn’t act as a frfr, where you would send the cabinet sim to the frfr as you would direct to FOH? You would still have to treat it as a regular guitar cab and turn the cab sim off going to the kone and use the kone software to to mimic the speaker you use as the cab sim in the rig that goes to FOH? Or am I missing someth

I'm thinking that however they lay it out, you'll continue to be able to send the cab portion of a profile or cab IR to any output, but with the additional ability to send a Kone filtered signal to any output as well. And I'd imagine that you'd be able to change the cab and what Kone per Rig. So that, for example, you send a regular studio profile with cab actived to the FOH using the main outputs, while sending the Kone affected signal (minus the cab sound going to the just the mains) through the monitor or speaker output, where you plug your kone cabinet.

• I assume they will release suitable cabinet dimensions with the kone.

• I have no use for this but I’d buy a powered one in an instant.

I take my non-powered toaster to main gigs & plug direct into the PA. The space in the back is ideal to store my volume pedal during transport. I don’t need or want to be dragging a powered head around. For rehearsals I plug into a Line6 Powercab so I only need to carry the 3xtra weight & bulk when it’s definitely going to be used.