Ticking sound through cab, power amp / power head issue.

• Evening all,

Had my kemper a little over 4 years and have come across my first issue. Getting a ticking sound through my cab, only happens on this output...using IEM's or active monitor is fine.

Here is a video of the issue

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Noise occurs frequently and always at the same speed/rate. Does not get louder as cab volume is increased but its super annoying.

Has anyone had this issue with their powerhead/rack? I know there was a software related issue early on with the stage that caused a similar problem but it was fixed via firmware.

Or has anyone had to have their poweramp module replaced and has an idea of the cost of the repair?

Am looking at sending this back but cannot afford a high repair bill.

• Halley halley ..

I guess you mean "output" ??? :/

Does that ticking appear if you have your gear in

another room or in another house ?

If it´s OK from other outputs and headphones it

might be something with the power amp .....

Too close to other electric equipment ?

Computer, VGA screen , WiFi .....

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Yes..output (EDITED) :)

Noticed it happening at a gig i played in december, since then..happens everywhere. It isnt an interference thing and isnt casued by other equipment etc... I know its a poweramp issue.

• Ok , probably power amp issue then :(

And no warranty after 4 years ...... :pinch:

I hope you get it solved without going bankrupt ......

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I contacted support yesterday, they are recommending sending the unit back to them for assesment and repair. I will probably have to do this but wanted to know if anyone had any experience having their power amp replaced and the likely cost involved of the repair.

• I contacted support yesterday, they are recommending sending the unit back to them for assesment and repair. I will probably have to do this but wanted to know if anyone had any experience having their power amp replaced and the likely cost involved of the repair.

I have a very similar thing going on and it's only about 5 months old. Did you get this resolved OP?

• Any update on this? My Power rack is doing the same thing, except it is constant. It's only through the speaker out and is very annoying.

My warranty is out so interested to know your outcome.

Thanks