Profiling my Friedman JJ JR

• Hey All,

I have an amazing Friedman JJ JR I was using before I got my Kemper Stage. Would love to profile it because then I can get it to sound exactly to my taste and with my guitars. I don't have the mics or multiple cabs to do it so I was thinking of bringing it to a studio and getting it done. Guy wants to charge me $45. Does that seem fair for a Kemper profile creation? Also, he runs a recording/rehearsal studio but has never done a Kemper profile before. Should I seek someone more experienced or will he be able to handle it no problem? For my distorted sound, should I profile it with a tube screamer in front? Or no tube screamer and wait for the kemper to add that. Same with effects? Any other tricks or nuances? Thanks for your time.

• $45 seems very fair I'd say if you get enough time and guidance to do 10-20 profiles with different cabs, and with and without the TS in front (do both!).

I would however add another 45$ to purchase a Shure SM57 and do it myself. You'll learn a lot in the process and eventually get the profiles you want. Might take longer though, but then you have that knowledge.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• $45 seems very fair I'd say if you get enough time and guidance to do 10-20 profiles with different cabs, and with and without the TS in front (do both!).

I would however add another 45$ to purchase a Shure SM57 and do it myself. You'll learn a lot in the process and eventually get the profiles you want. Might take longer though, but then you have that knowledge.

That is a great idea. A big reason I want to do this in the studio is to take advantage of the cabs I don't normally have access to

• 45$ is for one hour?

In case yes, you don't have a lot of time, so setting up your gear, trying "new" cabs, miking them until you are satisfied, checking the new profiles... I'd work with your own cab. The one you know and you like so much.

Later, with the acquired experience, you can go back and try the cabs in the studio.

Have fun and tell us about it :)