KBP ODS Finally Got Around To It

• Well I finally got around to trying my hand at profiling today. First up is my Dumble 1 x 12 combo clone built by KBP over at TGP.

The amp is a 50w version of Dumble #183 which is a EL-34 variant. Also, I had mine built with the HRM mods and a few other tweaks.

Signal chain was pretty basic since I did the profiling at my rehearsal space. The guitar is my PRS DGT into the KPA > KPA send > Amp Input > Eminence Tonker > CAD Trion 7000 Ribbon on the first batch of profiles and a CAD Trion 6000 condenser on the 2nd group of profiles > Eleven Rack Mic Input (all amp models and FX turned off) > Eleven Rack Main Left out > KPA return.

All profiles were made with the same amp gain and eq settings. The only difference are the channel, and preamp boost in or out (PAB) Volume was set at the 3 o'clock position and the master was set at the 1 o'clock position. No fx or pedals were used on the amp. I added reverb and delay afterwards in the KPA

First Batch (CAD TRION 7000 ribbon mic)

KBP ODS "183" CLN = Clean channel (No PAB)

KBP ODS "183" +PAB = Clean channel (PAB On)

KBP ODS "183" CH2 = Overdrive channel (No PAB)

KBP ODS "183" CH2PAB = Overdrive channel (PAB On)

Second Batch (CAD TRION 6000 condenser mic)

KBP ODS "183" CLN2 = Clean channel (No PAB)

KBP ODS "183" +PAB2 = Clean channel (PAB On)

KBP ODS "183" CH2A = Overdrive channel (No PAB)

KBP ODS "183" PAB2 = Overdrive channel (PAB On)

I normally run my KPA through my ADA microtube 200 and 2 x12 cab with Tone Tubby Ceramic and a EV -12L so I keep the cabs locked in the off position. I saved these profiles with the cabs on, so they should sound correct through a FRFR setup.

Profiles are now up!!!

Here a zip: http://www.tandemmedia.com/images/tgp/kemper/kbpods.zip

[Blocked Image: http://www.tandemmedia.com/images/tgp/kemper/kbpods.jpg]

Edited 3 times, last by davec69 ().

• Exceptional.

Might be my favorite D-style profiles yet.

I've got a Ceriatone OTS50W with some nice NOS glass in it, the buffered effects loop C-Lator and a Mesa Thiele EVM12L but need a mic to profile it. At this point however... its almost like - why bother?

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.

• Absolutely love these! Thanks so much for posting.
    Just posted a little clip with one of your rigs over in the 'Link your music' forum. Maybe you want to check it out!?

Cheers,
    Markus