Bluguitar new Amp X! Dynamic IRs?

• https://www.bluguitar.com/amp-…YdUPsS9pd7-VXvaMES5wCz_sQ

FEATURES

• • Fully programmable
    • • All-analog amp circuit
    • • Neural Analog Amp ™ design
    • • 100 watt Nanotube ™ X power amp
    • Ships with tones from AMP1 ™ Mercury Edition and Iridium Edition
    • • Onboard analog effects (compressor, boost, overdrive, fuzz, tremolo)
    • • 8 core digital FX processing
    • • Pre / post, mono / stereo digital effects (chorus, phaser, flanger, univibe, delay, reverb)
    • • Dynamic IR ™ stereo speaker emulation / recording output
    • • Get more amps, effects, and cabinets with the expandable BlugPrints ™ sound library
    • • Flexible I / O: two speaker outputs, line output, headphone jack, effects loop, MIDI in / out, two expression-pedal inputs
    • • AMP X Wings ™ option to integrate additional pedals or controllers
    • • Universal power (100-240 volts)
    • • 9 volt phantom power option
    • • Weight: approx. 5 lbs.
  • What's really interesting is this:

DYNAMIC IRS

Impulse responses, so-called IRs, are standard today when simulating guitar loudspeakers. IRs provide a precise image of the frequency response of the respective box - but only with a fixed volume. If the volume changes, the sound of the loudspeaker also changes. IRs cannot capture these dynamic sound changes because they are static.

BluGuitar has solved this problem with the new Dynamic IR ™ technology. Sound changes are reproduced dynamically here. Dynamic IR ™ delivers lively "mixer-ready" direct sounds that have never been heard before.

• Quite a few trademarks in one feature list. Way to go RnD and marketing! ?

Just as I thought the variable impedance curves representing different speaker types & loads were the last say, then comes a new one (unless this is ”same” thing ?).

Now just need to get my head over this concept.. ?

• Looks quite impressive. I recently bought the Amp1 Mercrury but even though the sounds I was getting were nice, it was too much tweaking for me. I kept it for 1 week and sold it. The fact that you can now save everything in presets really makes this different. Will definitely try it out

• Now this I'm interested in. I've had my Amp1 for a few years, but in conjunction with the Remote1 and Looper system, it became too bulky and heavy (and the gap when switching with my original Amp1 was a pain in the arse), so I use it now as a clean pedal platform mounted to my pedalboard. I'd love to be able to do away with (most of) my pedals and just carry the one unit. Any idea of a price range?

• Now this I'm interested in. I've had my Amp1 for a few years, but in conjunction with the Remote1 and Looper system, it became too bulky and heavy (and the gap when switching with my original Amp1 was a pain in the arse), so I use it now as a clean pedal platform mounted to my pedalboard. I'd love to be able to do away with (most of) my pedals and just carry the one unit. Any idea of a price range?

I had the mercury (with the blubox) and couldn't get a nice balance between the clean and the vintage channel. I could get amazing cleans with one or two cabinets, but I needed other cabinets for the vintage channel. That was too much fiddling for me, as I could get great sounds with the Kemper just by switching profiles on the remote.

The amp-x seems to be a nice all in one solution (if you can save specific ir's per preset). I love Thomas' no-nonsense approach. I'm very much looking forward to reviews and trying it out for myself.

As for the price point, I guess it will be in the Kemper Stage area. What I like less is the fact that additional amps / fx need to be bought seperatly. I much prefer the Kemper approach in that regard ;)

I'm also always a bit reluctant toward floorboard units. Sure, if you have an editor, no need to put the unit on the desk. I doubt however that the amp-x will have an editor as this is all analog? On the other hand, if it can save presets, an editor should be feasable? Even without an editor, the floorboard aspect wouldn't put me off that much, as I see this unit more as setting up your 4-6 sounds and not touching it anymore.

Definitely amazing times for guitarists! There are now tube amps with integrated loads and ir's, hybrid kind of amps (bluguitar, hughes & kettner and now even Victory) and digital amps. I really hope that products continue to improve

• Definitely an interesting device.

I had an Amp1 ME and sold it because it didn’t do Vox AC 30 at all (which I need).

It excels at Marshall tones though.

I wonder how much BlugPrints (I.e. downloadable amps) will be?

And I wonder how "dynamic IR" is achieved here.

• I asked Thomas Blug on Instagram with regards to pricing. He didn't say anything about the BlugPrints, though he did say that the AmpX would retail for at least twice the price of the Amp1. Fair enough, I guess, now that it integrates the Remote1, BluBox, has digital and analogue FX and will also power your extra pedals. It seems extremely well thought out.

• As previously said, wow! What a great time to be involved with guitars and have so many options available!

I literally (in the last 3 months) bought a Amp-1 Iridium Edition and really like it. I will be very, very curious to see how this one unfolds.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

• I just read comments on the bluguitar Facebook page. One of the employees confirmed that unit will not start selling before 2021.

Ah, that’ll give me time to save up, then. I just ordered a Strymon Iridium, so that will tide my gas over in the meantime^^

• I had an Amp1 for a quiet long time when it came out - I like Thomas' approach of keeping it simple and (as being German) I also like that we have innovative companies like Kemper or Bluguitar coming from Germany.

The Amp1 was (is) awesome for what it is, I always used it with traditional guitar cabinets and never played it with headphones. I sold it when I got the Kemper which changed my way of work.

The only problem I got with the "Amp X" is the "web shop" part. If I understand the text correctly, you basically get the "Amp1 Mercury + Iridium Editions" plus some other features in one box. If you need further "classic amp sounds" you would have to pay cash. I hope that there will be the opportunity to design own circuits and share them with others (similar to the RigExchange). It's fine that there are "official sounds" that you can buy but I do not like to "lock-in" myself in an environment where I *have* to pay money. For Kemper, I am in the driver's seat to decide if I'd like to or not. This is the only downside I see with the "Amp X"-concept.