In Ear Monitor Systems

• Want to pick up an IEM system for my kemper stage and my frequent gigs to protect my hearing long term. And to hear myself better! I found a great deal on a used bundle. The shure psm 300.. The one I might purchase is the J13 band while my bass player's is G20. Some of my other band mates have IEM systems and idk which band theirs are. Does that matter at all or am I safe to buy the Shure PSM300 J13 band.

I typed in my state into the Shure Wireless Frequency Finder ad J13 is on there. Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks

• I have the PSM300s. Can't recall what band they're in - we're slooooowly upgrading everything. I made mine the first. (lol).
    Get the one with the upgraded pack - not the black plastic one, the metal one with the display.
    It's a VERY solid unit. I've been using mine for a couple of years live (MD plays to tracks and is nearly silent stage, so it's necessary).

I'd also strongly suggest grabbing a few sets of eneloop pros for it. With the Panasonic rechargeables, I get at least one full 4 set show out of the pack, or two consecutive rehearsals - but you will want a backup.

KPA Unpowered Rack, Kemper Remote, Headrush FRFR108s, BC Rich Mockingbird(s), and a nasty attitude.

• I have the PSM300s. Can't recall what band they're in - we're slooooowly upgrading everything. I made mine the first. (lol).
    Get the one with the upgraded pack - not the black plastic one, the metal one with the display.
    It's a VERY solid unit. I've been using mine for a couple of years live (MD plays to tracks and is nearly silent stage, so it's necessary).

I'd also strongly suggest grabbing a few sets of eneloop pros for it. With the Panasonic rechargeables, I get at least one full 4 set show out of the pack, or two consecutive rehearsals - but you will want a backup.

I ended up buying the PSM 300 system used with a pair of Shure 535s for a really good price. I dont think it's the upgraded pack though :(

How many charges do the batteries last for?

• I will look into these for sure. Do you guys recommend practicing with the IEM system first or doing a rehearsal before a gig? Im getting them today but have a gig tomorrow. Should I try to use them at the gig or rehearse with them first? How foreign sounding can in ears be at first?