Is there a way to include all sub-folder in a search?

• I have many profiles and sub-folders. I have looked, but can not find a way to include sub-folders in a search so I can return all results for "JMP" or "Marshal" for example for my curfrent AND all sub-folders that meet that criteria. Is there a way?

• I don't think that is accurate, at least on my latest revision of the Rig Manager. I do not see a "Search All" feature. All I see is a search that only searches the sub-folder you are in, but not all of them.

Or did you mean, the only way to do this is a enter your search and then navigate through all of the sub-folders you have one at a time? That's my current method and the only one I do know about, which is very inefficient with hundreds of suborders.

• Maybe have them all in a folder / folders outside RigManager on you computer ... :/

Like every other folders with pictures , documents and whatnot ......

Easy to search / find , but maybe not possible to monitor / hear them ......

Don´t know .. just a thougt :wacko:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• I don't think that is accurate, at least on my latest revision of the Rig Manager. I do not see a "Search All" feature. All I see is a search that only searches the sub-folder you are in, but not all of them.

Or did you mean, the only way to do this is a enter your search and then navigate through all of the sub-folders you have one at a time? That's my current method and the only one I do know about, which is very inefficient with hundreds of suborders.

I would need to check it again but I’m pretty sure if you search from the highest level it includes everything including Rig Exchange. However, as soon as you narrow the search down by selecting a folder it only searches that folder but not any subfolders.

• I have just checked and I was right (not often the case ^^).

Just select the All Rigs heading on the top left and a search includes EVERYTHING, including Rig Exchange and all the folders on your local RM. It should be pretty easy to extend this functionality to every level within the RM structure so that a search includes all the sub folders below the current level. I still can't understand why this has never been done.

• I don't think this works either. It searches all profiles in the Local and Remote library, but it excludes sub-folders in the Local Library. It also prevent a user from just searching profiles in the local library only.

I have 211,679 profiles in my local library. Organized by sub-folders inside of sub-folders. This does not search through those.

• I just tested it. It definitely does NOT find profiles in sub-folders. Only those stored in the root.

Bummer! I was getting optimistic someone found a way to do this or that maybe i just missed something. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a way to search my local profiles to include those in sub-folders.

I am going to try to write a 3rd party piece of software to do this. There may be other interested in it.

• My test was to add a comment to one of my local profiles ina sub-folder "test1". The search finds it just fine as long as that sub-folder is selected, but it does not show up when selecting "All Rigs" or "Local Library" or even the parent folder. Only the selecting the direct folder it is in will find it, which is the problem because it mean i have to traverse about a thousand folders for each search manually, whereas an option to include sub-folders would take care of it..