Rig manager 3 without editor

• If the editor section doesn't open, Rig Manager doesn't find your Profiler or your Profiler is not up-to-date.

My powered profiler head is updated to 7.1.5.15526, my RM is 3.0.89 (15760), and yet RM gives me error message every time I open it saying I need to upgrade my profiler to higher than 7.1.12. RM doesn't see all my performances, I see no editor... what am I missing? I am using a MAC, USB connected of course.

Gary ô¿ô

• Same problem here... no editor on the rig manager and some of my local foders are empty. No special characters in my login pass. Frustrating! Went back to the latest non beta OS and RM. Waited for 6 years so i can wait a few days more... (hopefully this fixes will take less time...).

• Same problem here... no editor on the rig manager and some of my local foders are empty. No special characters in my login pass. Frustrating! Went back to the latest non beta OS and RM. Waited for 6 years so i can wait a few days more... (hopefully this fixes will take less time...).

it won't get fixed unless we know why this is happening to you. please contact support through the contact form on our website, if you haven't already.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Thanks Alan, I've got it now! Editor and all. Even my missing performance is showing. The problem was my brain - for some reason it was seeing 7.1.12 as 7.1.1.2, therefore older than 7.1.5 - dummy me.:S

Gary ô¿ô

• Ok I confirm that the problem came from a special character in my windows name account (and associated folder). I had to create a new admin account and transfer all data from the previous account to the new one. Everything works like a charm!

• I just had an answer from the support, the not appearing editor is probably really due to the name in my account in Windows.

But this problem would be solved with the next version, I am excited :)

• For everyone with special characters, this should be fine :)

Same problem here... no editor on the rig manager and some of my local foders are empty. No special characters in my login pass. Frustrating! Went back to the latest non beta OS and RM. Waited for 6 years so i can wait a few days more... (hopefully this fixes will take less time...).

If you have a different problem, you should file a beta report and add a Debug Log to it, so we can look at it :) Even your old Debug Log should do if it still contains the old starts

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

• Hmmm

I have no unusual characters in my username.

I CAN see the editor, no problem

What I CAN'T see is any of my Local Library content (RM 'says' it sees (3461) Rigs but is displaying nothing).

Also, I had hundreds of rigs stored on my profiler yesterday but after updating RM and Profiler, I now have only 27 and well over half of my Performances are empty as well (17 of which were all customized to specific songs in current set list - hours of work lol).

Sadly, I hadn't thought to back up RM content in ages because I'd never had a problem like this. Live n' learn arghh

Have tried restarting both Profiler and RM numerous times and dis/reconnecting USB cable but no change.

I was looking for a related thread but found only this one. Will look a little deeper then start a new one if none exists.

• If you can see the editor, this is probably not a thread for you :)

First step: Contact support. The Rig Manager usually does backups of its contents when updating, so try not to mess with it by uninstalling and so on now. Also, just contact them anyways so we can look closer at this for obvious reasons :o

Hm, and maybe also send a screenshot to the Beta Report or Support, are you aware of that the Local Library location does not show the rigs in sub folders?

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

• you have to doubleclick on a rig and then it will be load in the profiler

then the editor should pop up in the lower part of the window

if not check if you resize something in the lower part of the screen

maybe the rig view is sized to the cmpl window which let the editor part dissappear

• rig manager and OS are up to date but I still do not see an editor!

This is frustrating~

I don't have any special character in my user name.

What am I doing wrong??????

Does it look like this? With the up arrow in the bottom left corner?

If it does the editor is just minimised. It is confusing as the arrow points the opposite way from you would expet i.e. the up arrow shows it is ALREADY closed rather than push this to close it. A down arrow says it is ALREADY open. This just feels backwards to me but that's the way it is.

• Does it look like this? With the up arrow in the bottom left corner?

If it does the editor is just minimised. It is confusing as the arrow points the opposite way from you would expet i.e. the up arrow shows it is ALREADY closed rather than push this to close it. A down arrow says it is ALREADY open. This just feels backwards to me but that's the way it is.

We turned it a few times, it's funny that it keeps feeling backwards if you press the downwards arrow and it moves up :/I guess this problem is rooted deeper than just the arrow direction.

• the standard visual for an opening window is to have the arrow point in the direction which things will move when you press it. I.e. if you want to open the window press the down arrow. If you want to close it press the up arrow. The way it is just now clearly suggests that if you press the arrow it will close something that isn’t even open. I can’t see any other way to read that I’m afraid. I was definitely co fused when I opened RM 3.0 for the first time and there was no editor visible.