Kone & Kabinet Q&A

• Dear CKemper,

I noticed that the Imprint option is ATM available at the Monitor Output only.
    It seems to me this leaves out all those who use a stereo poweramp (be it retrofitted or external) with their Racks and Toasters?

Probably, the Imprint function should be made available at the Main Outs as well, when the Cabinet section is switched off?

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• The maximum Kemper Kone setup: Play guitar along the stereo music using the speaker imprints, while the music plays full range, through the same cabinets.

Use two Kemper Kone equipped Cabinets as your little PA, maybe for a spontaneous party. Feed your music into the Aux Input in stereo, activate Monitor Stereo, use a stereo power amp into the cabinets

Killer features :) it greatly enhances the possibilities if I build two cabinets , genius :)

• Dear CKemper,

I noticed that the Imprint option is ATM available at the Monitor Output only.
    It seems to me this leaves out all those who use a stereo poweramp (be it retrofitted or external) with their Racks and Toasters?

Probably, the Imprint function should be made available at the Main Outs as well, when the Cabinet section is switched off?

You can use the stereo monitor out function.

• Now in shitty picture form:

...so, that does confirm different sound through FOH and then through the Kabinet.

My config live is very simple....FRFR monitor with powered rack (unpowered monitor- so perfect for Kone), main out to FOH as I play 99% live with my KPA

Don;t get me wrong, I'm really excited about this, but if imprints are used for Kabinet and not for FOH, the sounds will be different. Given its not suitable for miking ( not that i would want to) not sure I understand the use case. The whole issue with Amp in the room sound that people say they miss has become less important to me because its my FOH that people hear. Just odd if I hear something different...

To be fair I didn't get morph until I tried it!

I'll get one anyway though :)

• I see what you are saying but wouldn't it be this way if you'd just bring your ol' Marshall along and mic it? Amp in the room sound from the cabinet on stage and a mic'd up sound from the PA.

• I see what you are saying but wouldn't it be this the way if you'd just bring your ol' Marshall along and mic it? Amp in the room sound from the cabinet on stage and a mic'd up sound from the PA.

Sure, in my post I was referring to "all those who use a stereo poweramp (be it retrofitted or external) with their Racks and Toasters" and use two guitar cabinets.
    Not sure how many of those are out there, but they will be obliged to downsize to a mono backline, use two Kempers or... switch to Stage :p

Also, W/D/W-addicted come to mind.

Edited 2 times, last by pippopluto ().

• - Will the IR for a DI rig be saved with the rig, I.e. do we have a choice to use ?

This is the most critical question for me. If stored with the rig, you could change to an appropriate imprint for the current rig in your performance (or flat if it's for acoustic). If global, what's the point?

This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

• From the manual:

“....select the option “Monitor Stereo”, MONITOR OUTPUT and DIRECT OUTPUT become one logical pair of stereo outputs....”

Thanks Ruefus, is this new to KAOS 7? I've decided to wait before installing it.

CK seems to refer to a mono monitor out only tho in the OP...

Eager to get to know more.

Edited once, last by pippopluto ().

• Two questions... when will they be available to (pre)order through the Kemper store and besides the Kemper logo and 4Ω impedance, are there any other differences between the Kemper Kone and the Celestion K12H-200TC?

Thanks!!!

I have the same question, I run one or two 112 cabs so I really need 8 ohm speakers when I run two cabs. Thank you.

• The Kabs have Series connections on the back of them. If you daisy chain two of them in mono , it will be an 8 ohm load.

This answers the question I had in the back of my mind. A four ohm driver with a 200W nominal power handling seemed like not an ideal match for the powered Kempers, which put out triple that at eight ohms (let alone four ohms!). I do understand the concept behind clean headroom and "overpowering" your speakers to ensure clean power always, but it seems like a recipe for problems to have that much power available with a speaker that can only safely handle a fraction of it. I wonder how many people will not be careful and wind up blowing these speakers...

• This answers the question I had in the back of my mind. A four ohm driver with a 200W nominal power handling seemed like not an ideal match for the powered Kempers, which put out triple that at eight ohms (let alone four ohms!). I do understand the concept behind clean headroom and "overpowering" your speakers to ensure clean power always, but it seems like a recipe for problems to have that much power available with a speaker that can only safely handle a fraction of it. I wonder how many people will not be careful and wind up blowing these speakers...

Well, we all know that "safely handle" and "be careful" are the foundations of rock 'n roll